I want to support this game, but I cannot justify buying kegs

+
fanling3;n8690380 said:
No competitive decks run with any one of starter golds and silvers
What are you smoking? Cahir is the best NG leg by far (and people wonder why NG is so popular right now).

well this game isn't as bad as heathstone, i mean if you wan't to be competitive in that game you have to spend money, where as this game, its not so hard to earn enough currency to buy kegs. I too want to support the game as well, but i would rather earn the currency to get cards, then spending so much money just to be able to play on a competitive level

I would say, if you want to support and dont like the keg models I would recomend just email them ask them for a paypal acc/banking and just wire some money just to support

I'd say that my issues with the level of card quality you get from kegs comes mainly from alternate art cards. These cards were common before and are now rare, taking up or more of my valuable 3 card picks at the end.

DMaster2;n8702680 said:
Right because before when you got your silver rare it was so much better right? The mill value was the same.
And why people complain about the rarity change? It's actually BENEFICIAL to f2p players, since you only ever need 4 legendaries for your deck. Before you could easily need 6/8 legendaries between gold and silver in many competitive decks.

1. It was better, because a single Silver is potentially more useful than a single Bronze, especially if it's just another alternate art version of something you have a playset of.
2. Removing legendary Silvers was a great call. Removing rare Silvers and epic Golds was not.

suppose it is worth buying kegs but at the same time you wouldn't wanna. it is the easiest way of getting what you want but even then its still hard af.

Flintberg;n8714540 said:
1. It was better, because a single Silver is potentially more useful than a single Bronze, especially if it's just another alternate art version of something you have a playset of.
2. Removing legendary Silvers was a great call. Removing rare Silvers and epic Golds was not.
1) It was the same as now, only that some of the rares could be played as 1 of. The only thing that is missed is a rare dimeritium bomb (which see zero play right now anyway), the rest is useless. I mean there were the vanilla silver rares, d bomb, commander's horn (you got it for free on OB), prince stennis and that is pretty much it. It was a confusing and unfair system (why NR have a rare CA while monsters have a gold legendary one?). If your only argument is the satisfaction of seeing a "more common" silver bord in your kegs opening, sorry but that's not a reasonable argument imho.
2) You can't do one without doing the others. There is a fine balance between rarities, collection gain speed and others to keep up. You can't remove silver legs and expect to keep the rest as it was. If i have to choose between the old system and the current, i'll always pick the current, because it's much more f2p friendly.

The power of most decks come from their Bronze and Silver collections. For some decks the golds are just good to have but you can most of the time use any. I got loads of packs from CB and crafted a Geralt:Igni so I have one really good gold for any deck I play. Then I focused next of strategies I had a lot of already and could fill in the blanks a bit. I'm still waiting on Ambassadors to play NG spies but I'm happy to wait as I'm not gonna pay that much (I have brought some packs).

I reckon I'm really happy with the rate and stuff because I find Heartstone awful with how few packs I can get and how much Arena costs. Then I play Magic: The Gathering and for anyone who knows that is hellishly expensive, same with other physical CCGs. I haven't played other CCGs but IMO Gwent is extremely generous right now and yeah it'll be ages until you can get a full collection but I'm sure you'll be surprised how easily you can get a fine tuned deck, there's only like 1 gold that I REALLY want for my dwarves and then I'm done.

DMaster2;n8715660 said:
2) You can't do one without doing the others. There is a fine balance between rarities, collection gain speed and others to keep up. You can't remove silver legs and expect to keep the rest as it was. If i have to choose between the old system and the current, i'll always pick the current, because it's much more f2p friendly.

Of course you can. Legendary Silvers were terrible, because people could potentially put 10 legendaries in a deck.
Removing legendary Silvers, but keeping both Silvers and Golds at two available rarities, would make the game much more F2P firendly - because rare Silvers and epic Golds are cheaper to craft and easier to get than epic or legendary ones.

Flintberg;n8732950 said:
Of course you can. Legendary Silvers were terrible, because people could potentially put 10 legendaries in a deck.
Removing legendary Silvers, but keeping both Silvers and Golds at two available rarities, would make the game much more F2P firendly - because rare Silvers and epic Golds are cheaper to craft and easier to get than epic or legendary ones.
And i guess you didn't readed properly. When i said that you can't remove silver legs and keep the system as it was, it's exactly because the balance would be off. It would be way too easy to craft stuff and complete the collection.
People have to remember that while gwent is amazingly generous game they still should aim to make money to keep the servers up. You can't realistically expect them to give you everything easily.
The current system, that is more f2p friendly, comes at the expense of having less variety in the rarity system (which is fine btw, i never liked gold epics and silver legs, it was pointless).

Top Bottom