Most hated cards in public beta

+
Vivocaro medic (I wish it looses his medical diploma someday for dealing with unsanitary practices over dead bodies).

The Guardian (how dare he ***** cards on my deck!)

shroudb;n8779340 said:
errr isn't the purpose of the thread cards we hated in CLOSED beta? why is everyone chimming in with OPEN beta hate cards?
My intention was to learn what cards people simply hate. It desn't matter if they're from closed or open beta!

Though I didn't expect as many people to just list the exact cards I told them not to list, lol.

Skryba86;n8779200 said:
Nah, you don't really "only need" clear skies to counter it. Generally speaking, and since stacking your units all in the same is usually a very bad idea and most likely not possible at all, RNR punishes you for correctly spreading your units. In a most common scenario RNR will range from being an almost auto win if you don't have clear skies in hand, or a card that does 6-9 damage to your board and then forces you to waste a turn using up a card that brings you 0 value other than stop RNR from doing any more damage.

Realistically speaking, there are only 2 reasons why you wouldn't run RNR: you prefer to have fun over winning, and so you prefer to run other cards than you find more fun, and/or you hate the concept of the card so much that you prefer to try your best at countering it, over running it yourself.

Other than that, as it is, the card is simply too good not to be an auto include in every deck. And the same goes for drought. If there were a tournament right now, with prize money, I doubt any player wouldn't run at least one of these cards.

I don't know how you define "fun cards". All the cards' purpose is to screw your opponent in some way and net you more points. Only one i can think of is Gaunter ( or maybe Bekker's mirror ). Personally, i have great fun trying to come up with the best possible deck by myself ( not netdecking. I did seek advice on crafting a gold card, because i was too chicken to waste 800 scraps on a useless, for my NR deck, card ), and think of ways to counter the opponent and win. Trying to win doesn't negate the fact that i'm having fun. I love card games and, depending on the opponent, i always have fun, win or lose.

Now, RNR isn't a card i would prioritize crafting, but since i found it in a keg, you bet i replaced basic Triss with it. I'm ready to craft another gold ( that was super quick, considering i crafted one a few days ago. I always hope for ore to buy kegs, but lately i get lots of scraps ). Maybe i'll even replace RNR....or not.

Anyway, end of derail. Sorry folks.

Short list of cards i hate and the reasons i hate them - part 2

Aglais - for turning me on
Neneke - for turning me off
Cantarella - for public fornication (and for turning me on again)
Succubus - for not shaving her legs
Adrenaline Rush - for being too scary
Frightner - for not being scary at all, thats false advertising!
Kayran - what the hell is that thing anyway??
Dandelion - for lousy poetry
Priscilla - for loud music
Dijkstra - for being fat
Field medic - for not using anesthetic
Odrin - for not sharing a beer
Radovid - for being a pervert
Redanian knight-elect - for not promoting units anymore
Shani - for not using a crash cart
Ves - because I don't have her animated version
Fake Ciri - for being fake
Ciri - because fake Ciri is prettier
King of beggars - for humiliating women
Mardroeme - for making me see things and hear voices
Quen sign - for shieldiong cards that i hate
Skellige storm - for making me sea sick
Braenn - because she looks like she has a goatee beard
Donar an hindar - for being too violent
Dennis Cranmer - for ruining a good old brawl
Eithne - because she respects nothing human, well we hate u too b**ch
Francesca - for speaking tongues
Ida Emean - for being mean to a cat
Toruviel - for being mean to a guy
Malena - for being just a tease
Assassination - for messing the floor
Hjalmar - for not being able to kill lord of Undvik by himself. what a pussy
Restore - Becuse its really just X-ray
Udalryk - this guy is just a nut

I'm sure that we can hate all cards for the right reasons!

Last edited:
Rammyp;n8774790 said:
Vicovaro medic, Vicovaro medic and Vicovaro medic. Yes, all 3 of them.
Its my graveyard, stay out of it !!!

P.S. Don't think it should be changed or nerfed though. Just purely hate it.

P.P.S. Would love it if i palyed NG.

Use a bear, and they will hate your bear. LOL

Rammyp;n8780230 said:
Short list of cards i hate and the reasons i hate them - part 2

Hjalmar - for not being able to kill lord of Undvik by himself. what a pussy
HAHA, both your lists are damn awesome, but this line just killed me! :D

I really don't like the John Calvait leader and Tibor card for NG which EVERYBODY and their mother using these days.

Rammyp;n8780230 said:
Short list of cards i hate and the reasons i hate them - part 2Hjalmar - for not being able to kill lord of Undvik by himself. what a pussy
So true. Even in the Witcher game he can|t do it alone. And he calls himself a giant slayer? What a disgrace...

So far Tibor is the only card that takes the piss in my eyes. Turn 1, 25 Gold. Yeah you can make that with say Morvran plus his (3) Imperial Golems AND those Foot Soldiers - but they ALL require more space in your Deck. He shouldn't be agile either, he should stick to a certain row (Melee for example) this way you could counter it at least with Igni/Weather killing off other Melee cards if they end up there.

Personally I'd make him 15-20.

Clxmj;n8792020 said:
So far Tibor is the only card that takes the piss in my eyes. Turn 1, 25 Gold. Yeah you can make that with say Morvran plus his (3) Imperial Golems AND those Foot Soldiers - but they ALL require more space in your Deck. He shouldn't be agile either, he should stick to a certain row (Melee for example) this way you could counter it at least with Igni/Weather killing off other Melee cards if they end up there.

Personally I'd make him 15-20.

what kind of [:confused:] plays tibor turn one? Don't tell me he was going first too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Title edited to say public beta instead of closed beta. Also ... just my two cents - queensgard/Cerys, Tibor, Kayran. RNR & Drought honestly don't bother me so much. I don't play either currently (though I did play RNR for a few days), and find them to be easily counter-able with first light which can be played up to five times by my deck (assuming opponent has played it at least once).

DannyGuy;n8774650 said:
For me, it's Blueboy Lugos. I've hated that whale ever since Closed Beta,

So, what cards make your blood boil?

I think the whale is much easier to deal with now, that it was in closed beta. A lot of your units can target your own units now. This wasn't the case in CBT. You could just watch. Now you can use almost anything to kill it. Thunder, Triss, ...

The card I hate the most is scorch... because more often than not, I don't notice one of my unit's is the highest :D

cgidiot;n8792660 said:
what kind of [:confused:] plays tibor turn one? Don't tell me he was going first too?

Calveit, 3 Imperial Golems, Tibor. 38 Points, 29 of it Gold, and down 1 CA (if you go second). If you have Cantarella in hand, this is a no brainer opening play.

And if you can feed Cahir in there with it, the numbers jump from 38 to 43 with 34 Gold.

frbfree;n8795510 said:
Calveit, 3 Imperial Golems, Tibor. 38 Points, 29 of it Gold, and down 1 CA (if you go second). If you have Cantarella in hand, this is a no brainer opening play.

And if you can feed Cahir in there with it, the numbers jump from 38 to 43 with 34 Gold.

if you go second, you'll get an insta-pass for that, and you still end up down a card, since Calveit adds tempo anc CQ, not CA. Playing Cantarella after a pass just filters some cards, and I wouldn't mind conceding that round to an opponent who blew so much on an opener.

Then again, today I played against a ST who was so desperate to win round 1, he went -4 for it, so stranger things have happened...

i Found a new Hated Card.. loset many games yesterday because of "Villentretenmerth". They plays it at last 3-4 Turns and i cant do nothing.. kills me between 20-40 points for 1 card..
cant play around it.. cant do anything.. this just sucks.

Top Bottom