List of stuff that is currently pushing me away from the game

+
Kanon951;n8860080 said:
I get what you say TC. I'm already feeling bored and I've been only playing since Open beta launch. Everyone just use the same combination of cards. Monsters (fog/hybrid), SK with that ridiculous 20+ self revive boosting units, NG with golems and Tibor or that s*** non interactive Swim spell deck, ST with weather and 3 last round 20+ units or NR with those 3 (or even 4) 18+ reavers. Only 1 of every 50 matches you see something different.

CDPR needs to get serious or this game will be dead on arrival.
You listed 4 out of 5 factions. It seems pretty good to me. If you expect a meta with 10 or so decks equal on power you'll always be unhappy. Not the game's fault tho.
Protip: playing in casual increase the variety. If you play in ranked expect to see people playing the strongest decks

DMaster2;n8861740 said:
You listed 4 out of 5 factions. It seems pretty good to me. If you expect a meta with 10 or so decks equal on power you'll always be unhappy. Not the game's fault tho.
Protip: playing in casual increase the variety. If you play in ranked expect to see people playing the strongest decks

My deck isn't ready for ranked yet. Casual play is nice, less NG decks and more GG from people.

I would like to see resilience restricted to one card on the board. I have been in situations in the second game when my opponent has played the first card where I was 42 points down having not played one card.

As for NG, it should be restricted to ranking matches only until patch hopefully reduces its power.

xanderkir;n8864990 said:
I would like to see resilience restricted to one card on the board. I have been in situations in the second game when my opponent has played the first card where I was 42 points down having not played one card.

As for NG, it should be restricted to ranking matches only until patch hopefully reduces its power.

Resilience is irritating, but it's really the only thing dwarves have going for them. Nerf that and dwarves are obsolete. Ng won't get nerfed for quite a while. Too many people are into netdecking, so it's easily the most popular deck now. Nerf Ng and you piss off 90% of the current players who spent all their scraps copying the decks of top tier players

I can t see any special favoritism towards NG. yes they have have pretty powerful cards, but they are gold and silver, so there are restrictions.

Look at NR, with the reaver hunters and scouts, they can generate tremendous power, and also they are dealing damage to the opponent. also, they are bronze units, so you can have 3 or even 4 copies ( or just one and than Henselt takes over, cause Nenneke draws back 3 copies, mind that Assire draws 2) .
I agree that Nilfgaard decks play themselfs, but the same goes for NR and Scoit decks too.

The thing that currently bugs me, and i don t know if anyone feels the same, but i think that RNG effects are kinda up. tired of seeing 35 card decks, which end up on 3rd round with 3 DB Protectors.

Vlassinho78;n8866340 said:
I can t see any special favoritism towards NG. yes they have have pretty powerful cards, but they are gold and silver, so there are restrictions.

Look at NR, with the reaver hunters and scouts, they can generate tremendous power, and also they are dealing damage to the opponent. also, they are bronze units, so you can have 3 or even 4 copies ( or just one and than Henselt takes over, cause Nenneke draws back 3 copies, mind that Assire draws 2) .
I agree that Nilfgaard decks play themselfs, but the same goes for NR and Scoit decks too.

The thing that currently bugs me, and i don t know if anyone feels the same, but i think that RNG effects are kinda up. tired of seeing 35 card decks, which end up on 3rd round with 3 DB Protectors.

I have never claimed to be an expert, but I have difficulty seeing a 35 card deck being competitive.

kpmop;n8859560 said:
Yeah, you're right. I've played a few of my other decks since (Scoia, NG & Skellige - I still haven't worked out monsters....). I take back what I said about Dandelion. The card involves planning ahead, it's not like a few of the gold cards which seem to be instant-win-5000-billion point cards for getting lucky with the draw. I guess my dislike was that it was effectively 17pts (8 +3x3) with no comeback, but for 9 of the points it involves planning ahead --"strategy".

I stand by my dislike for weather and rot tosser spam though!

TBH when I said I dislike Dandelion I was referring to the avatar, not the card. Those emotes.....

Dunno why nobody just says it - this game is kind of shit. There's no strategy involved. Whoever has the highest number wins. Oops, I only drew a bunch of 3s and 4s, I guess I lose this match. Oh look my opponent has all four golds and I have none. Wow, how fun.

fodare;n8867570 said:
Dunno why nobody just says it - this game is kind of shit. There's no strategy involved. Whoever has the highest number wins. Oops, I only drew a bunch of 3s and 4s, I guess I lose this match. Oh look my opponent has all four golds and I have none. Wow, how fun.

You do realize you've just described every card game ever? Maybe card games are just not for you.

kaalev;n8867660 said:
You do realize you've just described every card game ever? Maybe card games are just not for you.

I feel that way every time I read the constant whinging about netdecking and lack of "diversity" in the metagame.

amoshias;n8867850 said:
I feel that way every time I read the constant whinging about netdecking and lack of "diversity" in the metagame.

So you're probably a netdecker. People wanting a balanced game where every faction has a chance of victory depending on player skill and luck of the draw is not "whinging". On the plus side,player like you will go away as soon as they balance the decks and you can't youtube a sure win.

xanderkir;n8864990 said:

I am not seeing your rationale in regards to resilience. Is it not counterable for you? With your suggestion dwarves would need huge changes.

fodare;n8867570 said:

I don't agree with that. I just think there is very obvious balancing to do.

fodare;n8867570 said:

Nobody says it because it's ridiculous. I'm the first guy on here complaining about balancing issues, but to say the game is nothing more than " my drawn 3's and 4's aren't as good as your drawn 5's and 6's" leads me to think you have a serious misunderstanding regarding pretty much everything regarding gwent

supafreaky;n8865470 said:
Resilience is irritating, but it's really the only thing dwarves have going for them. Nerf that and dwarves are obsolete. Ng won't get nerfed for quite a while. Too many people are into netdecking, so it's easily the most popular deck now. Nerf Ng and you piss off 90% of the current players who spent all their scraps copying the decks of top tier players

So? How's that worse than kicking in the nuts people that invested a lot of scraps in an SK deck that will become almost unplayable after patch?

supafreaky;n8868200 said:
So you're probably a netdecker. People wanting a balanced game where every faction has a chance of victory depending on player skill and luck of the draw is not "whinging". On the plus side,player like you will go away as soon as they balance the decks and you can't youtube a sure win.

You... you got me? Your random ad homenem attack - rather than showing you up as someone who actually doesn't have any... facts, or logic... on his side, has instead cut me to the quick, accurately divined everything about me, and will probably drive me straight back to youtube where I belong.

It certainly wasn't an example of exactly what I was saying, (and you certainly seem to understand what I'm saying!) and I'm sure that once me and my netdecking ilk go away it will lead to a perfectly balanced paradise where [insert name of whatever thing you play that you can't win with, thus causing you to rail against 'netdeckers', a complaint which would have been relevant if you were a Magic player in 1996] will thrive and you will get the glory you deserve.

Sheesh.

amoshias;n8869220 said:
You... you got me? Your random ad homenem attack - rather than showing you up as someone who actually doesn't have any... facts, or logic... on his side, has instead cut me to the quick, accurately divined everything about me, and will probably drive me straight back to youtube where I belong.

It certainly wasn't an example of exactly what I was saying, (and you certainly seem to understand what I'm saying!) and I'm sure that once me and my netdecking ilk go away it will lead to a perfectly balanced paradise where [insert name of whatever thing you play that you can't win with, thus causing you to rail against 'netdeckers', a complaint which would have been relevant if you were a Magic player in 1996] will thrive and you will get the glory you deserve.

Sheesh.

That was a remarkably articulate statement saying exactly nothing. Based on your previous post, you play NG. And based on your previous post those who point out the obvious imbalance with the NG deck are whiners. If there was a perfectly balanced paradise the forums would be empty and you'd be frantically scrolling through youtube videos trying to find a viable deck.

Jotun35;n8869210 said:
So? How's that worse than kicking in the nuts people that invested a lot of scraps in an SK deck that will become almost unplayable after patch?

It's not worse. My point was the majority play NG. So those of us who don't are getting screwed.

StrykerxS77x;n8859040 said:
You are the first person that I have seen who has described the next patch as nerfing NG hard. I haven't played NG yet but looking at the patch notes it definitely didn't seem to me that they were being nerfed hard. None of the streamers that I watch felt that NG was being nerfed hard. From what I can tell SK got nerfed hard and NG got off with minor nerfs and if I remember correctly they also got four small buffs. IMO the patch is ok overall but I feel it should have been better. Thank the Lord I haven't been playing SK or I would probably be pissed about the patch.

1.Vicovaro Novice from 3 to 1 is the most important.I usually I was getting those for free from my deck which ment 9 extra free damage+deck thinning which was pretty strong.Now you get only 3 .6 loss in power is huge imo.
2.Calveit and golems nerfed by 1 each which means 3+1=4.4 loss of power and if you add this up to the 6 lost previously it is already 10 lost power in one turn or over multiple turns.
There were some other smaller changed which I think were fair (Peter lost 2 power) .All in all if you add all the small power losses up NG loses like 14 power in one game and every point matters in thsi game.

Top Bottom