Taking a hiatus from Gwent

+
Taking a hiatus from Gwent

Won't go into details but personally Weather in its current application has ruined the game for me. Hence, I don't intend to stick around just to get frustrated over it again and again.

Funny thing though, I actually played Monster Weather deck in Closed Beta and had a lot of fun with it. Even in a meta where it was hard countered by Ambush ST and Golden Boy NR decks. *Shrugs*

Just do what I do, don't invest in any faction and play casual just to get bonuses and hoard kegs.

Its easy to get 2 kegs a day without much playing. Heck, you don't even have to play out the full match just go all in r1, win the round them forfeit. Quick way to get the bonuses done.

Open the kegs and collect everything or save the kegs and open when balance gets better.

Laveley;n8898150 said:
Indeed, unfortunately, i just realized the game have become a weather spamfest....
Well, let's see:

- you have 3 Clean Skies cards;
- you may choose 3 Clear Row units;
- you have 9 Bronze, 3 Silver and 2 Gold Weather Effects Cards;
- you have like 3 Leaders that can drop Weather either.

Something is not adding up...

Can we reduce the Bronze Weather Cards per Deck to 1, like Silver and Golds? Perhaps all Special cards to be delegated to just 1 per deck? Or at least Clear Skies or Clear Row to have Round Lasting Effect?

It is kind of becoming too much.

Weather is miserable. Skellige *still* don't have a unit that clears them. That could've gone to hunters to compensate them for the nerf. Skellige storm plus Aeromancy plus Ethine=utter game ruining experience. Most of the last 15 games I played (lost 12) were decided by weather. That seems unbalanced. I'm Scottish, I'm used to bad weather but this is ridiculous.

Martin33a;n8898890 said:
Weather is miserable. Skellige *still* don't have a unit that clears them. That could've gone to hunters to compensate them for the nerf. Skellige storm plus Aeromancy plus Ethine=utter game ruining experience. Most of the last 15 games I played (lost 12) were decided by weather. That seems unbalanced. I'm Scottish, I'm used to bad weather but this is ridiculous.

There is gremist and why dont u put a clear sky in your deck.

Laveley;n8898150 said:
Indeed, unfortunately, i just realized the game have become a weather spamfest....

Exactly why I made that big thread about weather spam. But since that is how the game is right now I am going to play it myself until the devs do something.

winder207;n8899220 said:
There is gremist and why dont u put a clear sky in your deck.

Clear row units are 7 value. Using Gremist for a single row clear is beyond inefficient. Plus, Gremist and clear skies are not enough.

As long as weather spam exists, SK needs a clear row bronze like every single other faction has.

I do not actually understand why everyone complains that SK do not have weather removal unit. Well, they do not have exactly the one but they have a unit that returns base strength to 3 units (I think).
While it does not help for the whole row it gives you 7 strength + 3 units reset which is quite a decent workaround. Just use this guy on the most damaged units in weather before they die.

Alts-Gamer;n8899630 said:
I do not actually understand why everyone complains that SK do not have weather removal unit. Well, they do not have exactly the one but they have a unit that returns base strength to 3 units (I think).
While it does not help for the whole row it gives you 7 strength + 3 units reset which is quite a decent workaround. Just use this guy on the most damaged units in weather before they die.

Yeah he resets them to base strength, then they keep getting damaged by weather again. Not worth it. MAYBE if he did it for the whole row.. but he's still worse than any other bronze weather clearing unit.

I remarked the other night, that if I even could be bothered to play gwent now, I'd almost have to include weather cards. That's what it feels like now. Weather is an auto-include if you want to be basically competitive. FU weather, FU dictators. So much more to do in the video game entertainment world.

I don't know why but I'm having less fun now, with a high-end deck, than I did in the CB and my hybrid, budget monster deck. Spellgaard is becoming a common occurance now and weather spam is more and more prominent.

All I know is I'm at level 15/rank 9 and I just play for daylies. Got to level 27 in CB and still wasn't bored.

Maybe it's just me, honestly. I still think the game can be fun and has potential, I'm just not having that much fun. Maybe a pause should do me good.

Well i disagree the game is very fun and way more balanced than CB. The only annoying deck is scoiaetel spell deck ( not because it is unbeatable but because it is very boring to play against) .

Michelazz;n8906230 said:
Well i disagree the game is very fun and way more balanced than CB. The only annoying deck is scoiaetel spell deck ( not because it is unbeatable but because it is very boring to play against) .

It is also a very boring to play with. Patch essentially wrecked my hybrid ST deck which instead going full spell spam had some units + ambushes and mercenaries to provide some interactivity on the board. But now its simply cannot work as this meager nerf of 2 str to each DBP made them unplayble in anything but pure spell deck.You need to cast tonne of spells to make them semi-viable in the third round and you cannot really afford to put units into the deck anymore. Especially silver ones. And therefore it is a spell spam or nothing.

So I don't think Devs managed to actually do anything with Spell'tael deck. They just made it only viable ST build together with the Resilient dwarves. Which is nuts. I do not want to play either and I do not want to change a faction. I had some hope about Mulligan with Francesca but all these buffs made almost nothing to increase the viability of the build. I do not see anyone playing non-dwarves ST in ranked at my level. Opponents are almost entirely Nilfgaard (but they abandonend Calveit fast, it is other two leaders now) and Monsters with Elder and Dagon.

It is just sad. I do not have any deck that is fun to play anymore.

Michelazz;n8906230 said:

The game is far from balanced. Balance was beginning to take form by the end of Closed Beta with only minor changes needed like removal of faction passives, adding extra mulligans. But then devs suddenly decided to scrap everything and release a completely different game with little to no prior testing. And now we have this broken thing of a game where pretty much every deck is a weather deck or a deck to counter weather deck. And worst of all they're not willing to acknowledge it and further try to balance the game around weather when it should be the other way around.

Last edited:
kaalev;n8916350 said:
But then devs suddenly decided to scrap everything and release a completely different game with little to no prior testing.

That baffles me... why tf they did that?!

Laveley;n8917590 said:
That baffles me... why tf they did that?!

I also find it difficult to understand this. So many sudden changes were introduced with the open beta, that weren't tested in closed, that I don't know why there was a closed beta at all...it feels like we all are open beta testing a totally different version of gwent...

I personally like the new one older than the old one.

I have played hundreds of games of Gwent since the OB and haven't really had much complaints in the way of weather. It's just another strategy that has counterplay. Especially with the nerfs to gold weather.

jamai36;n8917860 said:
I personally like the new one older than the old one.

I have played hundreds of games of Gwent since the OB and haven't really had much complaints in the way of weather. It's just another strategy that has counterplay. Especially with the nerfs to gold weather.

did you played the cb?

Top Bottom