[POLL] What faction ban request will flood forum next?

+

• Monsters

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Nilfgaard (again)

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Northern Realms

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Scoia'Tael

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Skellige (encore)

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • All neutral cards

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Shop troll, because I... AM A MAN!!!

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Remember when any moment you check the forum there will be at least one post at page 1 demanding Nilfgaard to be nerfed into oblivion?
Well, that indeed happened so now Skellige is the new hot stuff. I personally think that after Skellige is nerfed to unplayable level (again) monsters will be the next one on list to make terrible due to constant requests from the players.

You can pick more than one.

Result: Skellige AND Monsters were nerfed hard. If you see monster after the patch hits there is 99% chance that it's devour deck.

Last edited:
idomyownstunts;n8980400 said:
A cookie option would be nice. Also the shop troll, haven't had a kill plz on him in a while.

Added shop troll, because why not. Can also vote multiple choices so picking him wont slow down banhammer.

Well, if SK and Monsters get nerfed, and CDPR ignores the rest, NR should be the new meta crap.

MrRagdoll;n8980340 said:
Remember when any moment you check the forum there will be at least one post at page 1 demanding Nilfgaard to be nerfed into oblivion?
Well, that indeed happened so now Skellige is the new hot stuff. I personally think that after Skellige is nerfed to unplayable level (again) monsters will be the next one on list to make terrible due to constant requests from the players.

You can pick more than one.

It won't be long before SC is the top dog. Mark my words folks.

I voted for all of them. It seems we normally have simultaneous OP threads about all the factions.

I picked Monsters but I could really see every faction as the next OP faction, though NG would be the least likely.

Monsters - Dagon/Eredin nerfed but OOPS! Unseen Elder was actually really good but was being held back by Bears/Axemen
Northern Realms - Off the radar and underused just enough to avoid the nerf bat, when they are slowly emerging as the 3rd most powerful faction. If SK and MO go, NR are next in line.
Scoiatel - Receive more buffs and those evil trappers become the next Savage Bear. I still feel that the problem with Scoiatel has less to do with numbers and more to do with design though.
Skellige - They survived the first round of nerfs to become the undisputed lords of Gwent, perhaps they can do it again? This would reflect really poorly on CDPR.
Nilfgaard - Can't really see it as much. One could argue they are still underused because the community percieves them as weak because of the nerfs, but it seems the least likely.

I really hope CDPR improves on their recent track record. First they totally fumbled on the original patch vision (buff to Woodland Spirit.. wha?), and then they missed the mark on NG and SK. Let's see if they have improved because the pressure is on them more than ever.

Last edited:
Next faction to be on top of the food chain?

With an impending SK nerf, which faction will take its place as top dog?

The way weather works now, it'll be Monsters.

If weather gets nerfed to where it's no longer easily spammable, it'll be Northern Realms with their buffs.

I think it's very hard to give a qualified guess about this. It'll take time for that new meta to develop before we can anything conclusive. If Kaedweni Sergeant is not nerfed, I could imagine NR being a candidate. If more major card tweaks or new cards are added, I wouldn't be surprised if Scoia'tael could rise. Monsters, despite always getting nerfs and adjustments, always eventually rise as well, so I wouldn't rule them out.

Unfortunately, I think Skellige will receive the Nilfgaard treatment due to the excessive whining and demand for Blizzard-style sledgehammer balancing :/

I'm thinking Northern Realms, they have really good synergies among their Bronze the way that SK has and good board control units. Furthermore they're weather resistant (all the armor buffs) that can make them sticky for a bit. They're also becoming very popular right now in the MMR range I'm playing in (around 2350 can't seem to break 2400...)

Recent matches in recent days leads me to believe that Radovid Control is coming back, and I see nothing in it that is going to cause it to be nerfed before it happens. Unless major changes are made to weather/Aretuza Adepts.

Nilfgaard was already at the top, skellige is currently at the top.
If they nerf skellige, monsters will be top.
if they nerf weather, nr will be top.

Skoiatel was never on top in OB. Give several units ability to spam weather weather and weather again and buffed on it, Skoiatel will be new top.
the top is who can spam stupid weather.

Celestes666;n9037540 said:
Nilfgaard was already at the top, skellige is currently at the top.
If they nerf skellige, monsters will be top.
if they nerf weather, nr will be top.

Skoiatel was never on top in OB. Give several units ability to spam weather weather and weather again and buffed on it, Skoiatel will be new top.
the top is who can spam stupid weather.

I'm starting to think you feel very strongly about weather.

No, I'm very very very angry about weather and I stopped playing gwent. Every day I open this site in hope of reading the news about so much needed patch to fix crazy weather spamming cycle

So I wasn't imagining things. While I didn't see Radovid, I started noticing more NR decks that play with small, buffable units, essentially robbing monsters or NG of good graveyard resurrects. With Dandelion buffing witchers and Neneke putting them back in the deck for round 3.

However, I don't know how they do against weather. They have VERY good weather counter units that beat any other faction in strength. If weather stays the same, they migt not be that good against weather. If it changes, they'll completely take over with their big buffs and armor. It'll be the "golden" age of Closed beta, pun intended.

Top Bottom