This Game feels Like Hearthstone now.

+
This Game feels Like Hearthstone now.

In Witcher 3 gwent and in CB. Both trying to get more strenght then the other. Sure u have some utility like Igni or Scorch ect to kill some ugly Units.
Getting more strenght with Buff Cards or Consume.

But now its like Destroy everything. Flamestrike/Conc lol? Eat my Weather and watch how ur Units dying. Strengts after a Round = 0.

When was ur last Game, when both have like 143 vs 139 strenght?

Weather trades to good. And if its a Unit that makes Weather like NR Unit(dont know the name from the Girl) or Monster Frost Unit. Its more powerful.
Vs Clear Sky Weather trades better. And Vs Clear Weather Unit its still fine BUT the unit has low Power(all of them has 7 strenght), if there is no Weather.

I think the Unit should getting +2 if its not clearing Weather. So u are not busted vs no Weather Deck.

I dont wanna kill the Units like in Other CCG. I wanna outnumber, outplayed the Opennent because My Army has more strength(Thats why i loved W3 Gwent/CB so much) and not because his Army is death of frost/rain lulz.

Last edited:
swiss1st;n9006400 said:
I dont wanna kill the Units like in Other CCG. I wanna outnumber, outplayed the Opennent because My Army has more strength

In closed beta you also had decks like that; decks that only buffed themselves with no interaction with the opponent. In a mirror match it came down to who drew the best cards and there was no tactics involved. Plays like these are actually even worse.

Also, can't decide whether or not Gwent being like Hearthstone is a complement or not. XD

In Witcher 3 was not about Strength it was about who had more spies and gold cards (those were not limited to 4).

4RM3D;n9006480 said:
In closed beta you also had decks like that; decks that only buffed themselves with no interaction with the opponent. In a mirror match it came down to who drew the best cards and there was no tactics involved. Plays like these are actually even worse.

Also, can't decide whether or not Gwent being like Hearthstone is a complement or not. XD

And watching how ur Units dying to Weather is more Interaction? As i said. u Haved Scorch, Igni, Thunder ect for Interaction.

swiss1st;n9006620 said:
And watching how ur Units dying to Weather is more Interaction?

And watching all units on a row get reduced to 1 strength instantly was any better? (Especially when you didn't have Clear Skies or card advantage.)

4RM3D;n9006710 said:
And watching all units on a row get reduced to 1 strength instantly was any better? (Especially when you didn't have Clear Skies or card advantage.)

Well it was kind of better, I mean whether hit both sides so it wasn't as easy. When you clear it your power goes back which was nice. Now even when you counter it damage is already done.
Only monsters played weather so that is huge difference in comparison to now when every damn deck has it.

So I don't see how current state is any better.

Well, what we have now is "counter that card or lose the game" We MUST kill cards from the opponent or lose.

@4RM3D

In close beta, I could make decks which just focusing on my side of the board. Buffing my units. Make combos work. What's so bad about that? Its one of many decks I could play. I can also play a control deck. Not focusing on my own strength and focusing more about damaging my opponent.

What do we have now? Limiting deck building because you MUST add 1-2 shackle just in case you meet broken Gold cards. Add 5-7 anti-weather because you might meet weather. Always keep 1-2 anti-weather and 1 shackle in your hand because they might play gold or weather? You can't play your combos because and build up your deck how you want it. Now you must counter everything or lose.

The old weather was much better. reduce the strength to 1 wasn't really a problem. You can easily buff them up again, use D-bomb, healer or even protect them with promote and weather immune. Besides they don't die.

I almost feel a bit cheated. I bought kegs before the weather and gold change and now Gwent feels like a different game.

PandaLin;n9008690 said:
In close beta, I could make decks which just focusing on my side of the board. Buffing my units. Make combos work. What's so bad about that? Its one of many decks I could play. I can also play a control deck. Not focusing on my own strength and focusing more about damaging my opponent.

What do we have now? Limiting deck building because you MUST add 1-2 shackle just in case you meet broken Gold cards. Add 5-7 anti-weather because you might meet weather. Always keep 1-2 anti-weather and 1 shackle in your hand because they might play gold or weather? You can't play your combos because and build up your deck how you want it. Now you must counter everything or lose.

The old weather was much better. reduce the strength to 1 wasn't really a problem. You can easily buff them up again, use D-bomb, healer or even protect them with promote and weather immune. Besides they don't die.

I almost feel a bit cheated. I bought kegs before the weather and gold change and now Gwent feels like a different game.
Cant agree with you sir. In CBT weather was an ultimate CA weapon, making the whole game revolve around whos gonna have the last turn in round 3.
Changes were healthy, and i do believe that retrofits would only hurt the game.
Im saying it while i played basicly since the start of CBT with weather wild hunt deck. And yes, ATM weather is troublesome. But it cant hold a candle to CA+aeromancy round 3 troublesome.
If anything, wild hunt ATM is weaker than it ever was. Hell, i cant seem to push over 2.5k MMR. And it is essentially a weather deck. So what changed so dramaticly?
Sadly, along with much neccecery weather changes came alot of others, and those obviously being playtested ATM.
We recieved a fresh bunch of units that get buffed in deck (DBP/Vanguards) as well as obviously unforseen and utterely broken axemen + weather interaction, as well as several other bronze cards that can get sky-high value unless removed.
Results are - we have decks that rely on their buffed in deck units to win. Obviously all they need to do is delay the action, create a situation where you will have to compete against 2-3 17+power bronzes card for card. And what is a better way to delay, then playing removal? Then we gained Aretuza adepts and WH hounds, units that can pull specials.
Both concepts, units getting value in safety of ones hand and bronzes capable of pulling specials, are bad. DBP is plainly horribly designed, and i cant say spotters or vanguard are good.
Adepts are basicly pre-patch elven mercs, wich were ridiculous. Hounds at least have some flavour, but unless the metagame is changed they arent OK either.
Im not sure how to approach the trouble. Make armor a damage reduction tool, making armored units all but immune to weather and more resistant to other removal, unless armor is removed with unit-based damage/particular specials? I truly dont know. But i sure as hell dont want the old weather back.

isnadtochiev;n9009530 said:
Cant agree with you sir. In CBT weather was an ultimate CA weapon, making the whole game revolve around whos gonna have the last turn in round 3.
Changes were healthy, and i do believe that retrofits would only hurt the game.
Im saying it while i played basicly since the start of CBT with weather wild hunt deck. And yes, ATM weather is troublesome. But it cant hold a candle to CA+aeromancy round 3 troublesome.
If anything, wild hunt ATM is weaker than it ever was. Hell, i cant seem to push over 2.5k MMR. And it is essentially a weather deck. So what changed so dramaticly?
Sadly, along with much neccecery weather changes came alot of others, and those obviously being playtested ATM.
We recieved a fresh bunch of units that get buffed in deck (DBP/Vanguards) as well as obviously unforseen and utterely broken axemen + weather interaction, as well as several other bronze cards that can get sky-high value unless removed.
Results are - we have decks that rely on their buffed in deck units to win. Obviously all they need to do is delay the action, create a situation where you will have to compete against 2-3 17+power bronzes card for card. And what is a better way to delay, then playing removal? Then we gained Aretuza adepts and WH hounds, units that can pull specials.
Both concepts, units getting value in safety of ones hand and bronzes capable of pulling specials, are bad. DBP is plainly horribly designed, and i cant say spotters or vanguard are good.
Adepts are basicly pre-patch elven mercs, wich were ridiculous. Hounds at least have some flavour, but unless the metagame is changed they arent OK either.
Im not sure how to approach the trouble. Make armor a damage reduction tool, making armored units all but immune to weather and more resistant to other removal, unless armor is removed with unit-based damage/particular specials? I truly dont know. But i sure as hell dont want the old weather back.

Adepts can only pull Weathers. Mercs could pull any special. Or was it changed?

KasumiGoto;n9009590 said:
Adepts can only pull Weathers. Mercs could pull any special. Or was it changed?

They werent. But just like the hounds, with current "no proactive weather protection" metagame, putting points on your side of the board while thinning your deck and playing weather is simply too good. If you ment that they arend equal to old elven mercs - youre right, i was too dramatic. Their existance in the game however is not healthy, and unless meta is forcibly changed - they need to go together with Hounds.

Yeah, Gwent used to be a lot better. Funny how the further along it went the worse it got. Shame, it had potential. There is always Cyberpunk 2077 to look forward to.

4RM3D;n9006480 said:

This....! Totally agree with this..

4RM3D;n9006480 said:

Definitely not a compliment.. Hearthstone is, at least from my experience, a P2W RNG fest..

RNGesus like this game so much.. He will have the greatest laughs as long as people play Hearthstone..!

About weather, it's definitely better now than it was before.. But it sure needs some tweaks...

It's good to have some interaction with enemy units. Like what we had in CB. But now? It's way too much. I miss the times when Cyprian was the best damage dealing unit.

isnadtochiev;n9009530 said:
In CBT weather was an ultimate CA weapon, making the whole game revolve around whos gonna have the last turn in round 3.

I liked that gameplay. The battle for CA back than was way more tactical than what we have now.

I dont see how the game evolving around CA is a bad thing at all. In fact, i would say that's what made gwent well... gwent. Once you neutralize all the CA influence on the game (if possible) than you are left with "whoever puts the biggest points combo on the table" game.

swiss1st;n9006400 said:
I dont wanna kill the Units like in Other CCG. I wanna outnumber, outplayed the Opennent because My Army has more strength(Thats why i loved W3 Gwent/CB so much) and not because his Army is death of frost/rain lulz.

I liked that this was an option in closed beta. You could still play reactive, but you had the option of 1-player Gwent where you just tried to get huge, come what may.

4RM3D;n9006480 said:

Saying the game is like Hearthstone is 100% a insult. The main selling point to a large number of incoming players was the fact the game WASNT like Hearthstone. It was GWENT, its own unique game unlike any thing else out there. Now CDPR are seemingly slowly attempting to bring Hearthstone styles of gameplay into the game and putting such a heavy emphasis on tempo, the game is in danger of just becoming another of the dime-a-dozen Hearthstone lites that have come and gone the last couple of years. GWENT has lost a worryingly large portion of its tactical decision making the last few patches and continues down a trend of being more and more "casual friendly" and "simple". Sure, the CBT was far, far from perfect balance wise, but it felt like GWENT - What we have now feels like a hollow shell of GWENT. Maybe it'll get better the longer OBT goes on, maybe not. But for it to get better, CDPR needs to revert design direction. You cant out Hearthstone Hearthstone.

TL;DR - GWENT found its success from being GWENT not from being Hearthstone Lite with Witcher art. What we have now feels and plays like a Hearthstone Lite.

The game is actually more balance than CB in my opinion but it feels less fun in a way. The problem is OB is much more focused on damaging your opponent units than CB. It just made for a more stressful game and feeling salty after a loss.

In this damage focused meta we have I wonder how old Henselt promote deck would perform, it will be only deck that just focus on your side only which might be a good option for people who don't enjoy this meta as it is.

They need to change weather in a way or another, most of the times i am playing against weather not a faction, SK or SC decks play with at least 3 special weather cards which buffs their units and i'm not even counting bronze weathers, if i play NR even with the 3 scouts to clear weather it's not enough, yesterday had a game against SK played all my cards in a row to limit the weather effects played my 3 scouts killed twice the axemen to only lose the round because NR cards are so low valued and do so little damage and you need to set crewmen first to fully utilise the machines, meanwhile SK keep spamming weather and freyas to resurrect axemen or bears. Sorry CDPR but this game is no longer fun just make a weather faction.

I can't remember in the Witcher series weather being such a treat or relevant to the story, make the weather affect both players fields or at least make it dissipate after 2 turns or make it random, like you play a weather card but it will be applied to a random opponent row, or make it randomly change rows after one turn and after been applied in the 3 rows it dissipates or at least maybe let clear skies effect last for 3 turns or the entire round even if have to make it silver.

Top Bottom