Real Life Gwent

+
frbfree;n9166270 said:
Uhhh...Gwent breaks the 4th wall in Witcher 3, because Geralt owns a Geralt card,

Never really thought about it in this way. You have a point, though. It's a minor breach, but a breach nonetheless.

I have a very serious idea of how I could personally get a board game style working with zero capital, I design like a figurine version of the game with the stats on the monster with like a plastic board. I'm not affiliated in any way or form with Shapeways but they offer a printing service of 3d models and could be outsourced to in the initial phases. Drawing could be like a big troll barrel that you shake around and pour 10 units out, then 3 potential figurines you could put back into said barrel. Then so you have a board with the melee row/range row/siege row followed with a vision barrier on both sides. I could make dice variants for different scenarios too. So you can keep tally of points and what not.

sounds like a pretty big job though if I were to tackle it I would honestly want to put like to $2 mark up on everything for my efforts since I'm no affiliation with Shapeways or CDPR so I'd need to have incentive, then if it did take off the could just pay me off for the designs and manufacture these themselves. Then they could produce at say half cost with ABS filament filastruder 3d printer combo. Here's a sample of some of my design.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/weldos

HTMekkatorque

Just a heads-up. Please keep in mind the rules for creating fan content. Specifically:

No commercial usage. You cannot do anything with Gwent for any commercial or money-making purpose. We would like you to do this for fun, not for money.

You can contact legal for specific inquiries and exceptions.

Yeah I obviously realised that are copyright reasons for why I couldn't just do this is why it was just a half way serious suggestion of an idea that would further your company. Take it as an idea for what it is.

I do want to also raise the point that my idea was not for me to personally become rich from putting real world models to your character concepts, but I've personally been working on projects for people and I would like to raise that a big part of the problem in this area is that small studios think 3d modellers should be free or slave workers, not all companies share this quality, obviously CDPR pay their workers for these roles but there are lots of companies that don't. For a 1000 hour fan project unpaid though would not be possible assuming each model took 2 hours +, but obviously this is why we won't see anything of this devotion from fans at a professional enough standard to be enjoyable.

Last edited:
Sgt_Prof;n9165580 said:
I'd love it gwent could have modding support (let's say it could be added to offline gwent (which could be different gwent version and wouldn't interfere to multiplayer one) and if it would have CO-OP, people could mod it and make new cards from new universes and challenge friends. It would be beyond amazing. I self would love to do it.

Yeah, that would be sweet. Making your own cards with their own abilities.......

:sleepy:

actionjack123;n9166800 said:
Do we need a lighter/match for the Scorch's effect?

If there holograhpic cards, there is an inferno animation consuming your card then charred remains as its moved to the graveyard.

:geraltaha:

Top Bottom