Game Chat (Request) Thread

+

Game Chat (Request) Thread

• Total voters
Although i realize how much of a problem this can become, i would love it to be implemented.
Was one of the first things i missed

lomvicmarko;n7794620 said:
As I said I want to do it my self hitting that button is lame. I'm basing it on how any other chat system works. Cost is none people are already paid to develop game and I can bet they can deploy it
in a week and biggest issue would be to Ui placement.

I didn't say people who disagree are snowflakes, but people who think they are somehow going to get abused because of such system are. Also ones who believe that they don't need it so no one else should have it either. Give me proper reason why we shouldn't have it and we can talk about it. I can't think of single case where people who don't want chat are affected by it while gains for people who want it is enormous.

lomvicmarko;n7797600 said:
That is maybe your problem since you get so easily offended and have hard time pressing button called mute/block. It is up you to get offended I personally never experienced
phenomenon called "toxic community" and I'm playing online games for 20 years and yeah its baffling that now in 2017 I have to ask for simple thing called chat.

What work are you talking about. You are given tools to manage what you want to see or not. If they are going to come and QQ then they will be told to use those tools and stop being moms little boys.

You really are confusing not wanting to be annoyed with being scared of people calling us names. I've also been playing online games for 20 years and I can tell you I've had about 75 bad interactions with random chats online for every good one. Generally I group chat with friends or disable hearing others when i'm solo.

The games are quick, there are time limits for turns anyway so I feel its not worth it. Please don't say its free, quick and easy. I agree its not making Skyrim from scratch but I would love to hear what the programmers would say to the idea that they would just be given more work like that. Other than personal opinion (which I can respect) that is your other main point and IF the development team come on here and say the chat is 100% built, tested and ready its just a toggle switch to add it then yes by all means, let people have it. Otherwise my opinion is to not waste your time.

I hope there will never be a chat for Gwent ingame. But for those who cant live without a chat feature try and talk to the gwent tracker devs - they could add a chat option into their 3rd-party program. I would be fine with that ;)

I hope they don't do an in-game chat. My preference is to play the game when I'm playing it. Not chat about it. If I want to chat about Gwent, there are plenty of places to do so. So from a selfish standpoint I see no upside to the mechanic (though I recognize and respect that this is a preference that others disagree with).

Also, it definitely can be and will be abused. Yes you could create an option to not participate in the chat, but there's still going to be lots of incidents of harassment. People who harass others are going to push away people from playing. I want a large player pool. More players = more opponents = more fun.

Furthermore, I'd rather CDPR devs focus time and resources on making the game better than sorting through reports of abusive players. They would have to create some system to report abusive users. There is an opportunity cost associated with with having to monitor reports of abuse. They can't just have a computer automatically ban players who are reported for abuse - someone will have to look into the claims and see if it really is an issue. Do they create an algorithm that sees so many reports = instaban? Do they hire people to actually look into it? Do they have to keep records of all the chats on their servers to be able to verify complaints? Do they have to be some appeal system of bans? The bottom line is that means resources will have to be spent creating a system to monitor the chats and manually going through at least some of the reports of abuse. That's time and/or resources that are taken away from looking into bugs, improving balance, creating new cards, factions, SP campaigns, etc. I vote no.

Last edited:
I'm programmer. For them to make and implement is easy hardest part is being UI since they made shitty UI(Art work is amazing tho props to those guys).
They also have to separate PC client from console client. We don't need for example to look at single card while doing mulligan or looking at grave yard etc those are not working well on PC.
I can do this all day. Ok it seems like they have some issue with servers being clunky and its beta. Everything will get in place but it goes on my nerves that when designing they never thought about some core features that one online game should have. They looked at hearthstone and rolled with it for some reason without thinking how to develop even better environment for players.

They never even gave a single thought about how we are going to interact with each other. It is online game and some of us are very social people and In all other CCGs that I loved had them and it was amazing. I'm few days in game and still 0 friends hmm I wonder why.

I voted NO - I did see too many toxic/Troll behavior in other games - I don't need this in Gwent.

Personally I would find it distracting, fine if you're playing with friends though. But yea maybe a disable or mute option would help this.

lomvicmarko;n7758970 said:
All we need is option to disable chat or mute opponent if he is annoying which is easy to do. I like to talk to my opponent and learn form ones that rape me.

Also it helps when to explain to opponent that I have to open door or something so he doesn't think I'm trolling him or something. Having chat does so much for us yet it has zero negative effects.
As I said not thing it is huge problem for me.

Well if we ask hard enough who knows.

What you don't like talking to a friend during match ? If I don't talk to person durring match there is no reason form me to add him to my potential friend list. As I said there should be option to disable/mute it if you don't like it.

this shouldnt exist and the game doesnt need it

"gg" mechanic and choosing to pass or to forfeit when you are about to lose are all the interactions you need between players in this game

chat with friends? sure if you absolutely need it

People are raging mad about GG. You think chat will add anything positive to the situation?
So, a clear and and definitive "No".

GOG friends' chat could use some improvement however. But that's a whole different story...

Rawls;n7819160 said:
I hope they don't do an in-game chat. My preference is to play the game when I'm playing it. Not chat about it. If I want to chat about Gwent, there are plenty of places to do so. So from a selfish standpoint I see no upside to the mechanic (though I recognize and respect that this is a preference that others disagree with).

Also, it definitely can be and will be abused. Yes you could create an option to not participate in the chat, but there's still going to be lots of incidents of harassment. People who harass others are going to push away people from playing. I want a large player pool. More players = more opponents = more fun.

Furthermore, I'd rather CDPR devs focus time and resources on making the game better than sorting through reports of abusive players. They would have to create some system to report abusive users. There is an opportunity cost associated with with having to monitor reports of abuse. They can't just have a computer automatically ban players who are reported for abuse - someone will have to look into the claims and see if it really is an issue. Do they create an algorithm that sees so many reports = instaban? Do they hire people to actually look into it? Do they have to keep records of all the chats on their servers to be able to verify complaints? Do they have to be some appeal system of bans? The bottom line is that means resources will have to be spent creating a system to monitor the chats and manually going through at least some of the reports of abuse. That's time and/or resources that are taken away from looking into bugs, improving balance, creating new cards, factions, SP campaigns, etc. I vote no.

I think that is shortsighted view on the problem. As said multiple times in this thread there is no need for any of those complicated report systems when we don't have public lobbies or matches.
Self moderation is perfectly fine so there is 0 chance of someone harassing anyone. Also you people need to realize what harassment and abuse really is. You can't deny us this because of lame reasons like that.

Resources that need to be put in developing chat are not going to be wasted. We still need regular chat in game with friend lists so everything is just moving proactively. Main argument I see here is "I don't need it so I don't want resources to be wasted there".

It is like asking for ability to spectate matches and someone says well I don't have a need for it my preference is to play not to watch. Good for you but I said in pool WE as community and players.
You voted NO for everyone.

what's wrong with the world today, we have to lose out on all the chat fun because people can't hit a mute button. people are soooo pansies these days they don't allow anything that might offend someone. talking carp to each other is very fun in moderation and is how my friends and I always play with each other, telling them this ones for your mom or something is fun and guess what, the other guy laughs when it's not too trolley, its playful banter. plus I like to discuss tactics and make friends or complement good games or moves. the pros far out weigh the cons in my opinion. I mean c'mon they can't hit a mute option that takes literally a split second, not like kids should even be playing a game that talks about wet dreams and shows murder and hot women in suggestive poses without permission. it's like telling people not to curse in a bar, it's a bar!

roundert;n7843360 said:
talking carp to each other is very fun in moderation and is how my friends and I always play with each other, telling them this ones for your mom or something is fun and guess what, the other guy laughs when it's not too trolley, its playful banter.
You the guy that could talk crap to every stranger you just met at the bar?

Chat should not be a thing in a bluff heavy game, even emotes... It doesn't work very well for poker and such, it would add problems for this game.

actually I'm an avid poker player and I'm betting you're not, as my name rounder is a card term. bluffing and talking can go hand in hand, made plenty of money on guys from talking to them.

and I'm the guy who talks crap to u at the bar and ends up closing the bar with you making you laugh your a.. off

roundert;n7848530 said:
actually I'm an avid poker player and I'm betting you're not, as my name rounder is a card term. bluffing and talking can go hand in hand, made plenty of money on guys from talking to them.

I've had my share of talking and bluffing. Just many people consider it bad manners no matter how effective it is.

No need for in game chat imo. people just use it for the wrong reasons.

maybe a friend chat, send friend request to someone you versed and then chat afterwards, that would be okay but not neccesary

Top Bottom