x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you change Yennefer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you change Yennefer?

She is great I love her but lets be honest here, way too overpowered.
    How would you change her?

I think her effect should trigger every 2 turns or only hit 3 targets at the time.

Or give us better tools to deal with gold cards

Thanks

I'd give her red hair.

Always been a sucker for a red-headed woman.

Comment

Originally posted by frbfree View Post
      I'd give her red hair.

Always been a sucker for a red-headed woman.
      #teamtriss

Comment

Def, #teamtriss, and the saltier Yen is about it, the better. I wish she got more love in Gwent.

But, to get back on-topic, I think Yen-Con is fine. Always have.

Comment

Yeah #teamtriss FTW....

She is fine as is only change that maybe is needed to stop her form hitting multiple targets.

Comment

Always enemy takes her I just PASS the round. It has no point trying to outhit Yen.

Comment

Originally posted by lomvicmarko View Post
              [...]
              She is fine as is only change that maybe is needed to stop her form hitting multiple targets.
              I agree. That could be a consideration and would reduce her (auto-include?) powerlevel for some control decks.

Comment

deal 1 damage to two enemy units with highest strength, ties are resolved randomly.

Comment

Taking away the ability to hit all targets of the same strength is not a good idea if you consider what yen con is supposed to do.

The point of the card is that she levels your opponents board, (originally it was the whole board), which lines up cards for scorch.
                  so i don't think you can alter this aspect of her without changing the design of the card in a drastic way.

tbh, I think she is alright at her current strength, 5 (not super keen that Radovid is the only 1 card answer for her vs NR).
                  she is a solid card, but not overly OP imo (and i am speaking as somebody who plays against her)

as long as you ensure only one target is hit every round, she then needs 7 turns to get the 12 value from a gold.
                  (which is quite easy to do)

Comment

Lim3zer0 You have a point there it might make her too weak for a gold then, but maybe its worth testing out in any case.

Comment

outside of making her target your own units too there is no fix, she'll stay very good until meta rotates and her sole presence buffs the viability of Radovid, Iorveth (not like he needed that anyway) and Roche

Comment

make her only attack units having more than 5 strength.

IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE BE A MONSTER

Comment

Yennifer is a gold card. The expected value of a gold card is 12 power at least. I have been tracking the amount of value I gain each round when I play Yen and I think she is a balanced cards. On average I get 10.93 (98 round played) out of her. Considering the fact that you must carefully plan plays around her, I think she is just ok. You should plan outplay her by planning carefully and knowing when to concede the round. Also buffs help a lot.

Comment

I think limiting her to a maximum of 2 targets would still preserve her way of working but would reduce her incredible ability to line up units for "Scorch" or "Villentretenmerth".

Comment

I strongly feel that as a general effect in this game, whenever a card targeting the "strongest" or the "weakest" card in play has a choice between multiple options, the owner of the card should get to choose one of the legal targets rather than the effect targeting ALL available options. Not only is the current system incredibly confusing (and frustrating) to new players but it severely limits design space, hinders game balance and will cause a lot more issues further down the line than just the ones Yennifer is causing now.

Comment

Working...
                              X