How would you change Yennefer?

+
What i dont like about Yen is, well, this:
UnknownEternity;n7837690 said:
she lines up units for effects like "Scorch"
Sure, if you have a 1 unit much larger then the others - youre fine. But that usually leads to getting rekt by scoutge/borkh/igni ... you get the idea. So yes, limit the amount of targets she can hit. Probably buff her power to compensate.

isnadtochiev;n7838140 said:
What i dont like about Yen is, well, this: Sure, if you have a 1 unit much larger then the others - youre fine. But that usually leads to getting rekt by scoutge/borkh/igni ... you get the idea. So yes, limit the amount of targets she can hit. Probably buff her power to compensate.

If YenCon user uses scorch to kill one big unit you're fine. Much better is to try to wait till YenCon makes couple medium-same-strength unit, and then scorch them en masse. Now that's big but mind you to do that YenCon player needs 1 gold, 1 silver, a few rounds of zapping and no big units himslef. Profits should be big. Changing her to more power but single target removes the whole interesting combo-counterplay tactics around her.

I feel that she's more of a pain to play against than anything else including weather, and totally unfun to face, so she should be nerfed. Make her not line up everything for scorch. Make her deal 1 damage to every enemy unit and every enemy unit that comes on the board and increase her strength a bit.

She's honestly not bad currently, Maybe drop her to 4 so Triss can kill her (Team Triss FTW!)
Its not hard to play around her in which she needs to zap the highest unit 7 times to be worth normal Gold value, There's lots of buffing in the meta currently so most decks have a way to lessen her damage

Make her 7 again but let her hit only every two turns. Some people will probably say that would make her useless but I don't think that is the case.

Or move her in Triss range which however wouldn't help that much because NR gets plus 2 for golds :). Then again: most golds are built in a way that certain units can't kill each other and I'm sure CDPR doesn't want Yen to be killed by Triss directly.

What about giving her a conditional trigger instead of a timer?
Something along the lines of "whenever your opponent plays a unit from his/her hand, remove 1 strength from your opponents strongest unit(s)"
That way she will keep the same effect, but only trigger 60-80% of the time, while introducing some more counterplay.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n7859730 said:
Lmao. That bad?

Yeah. Had to stop playing. Every deck, every faction, every time. I know if you can get a buffed unit it gifts you room to more, but if not you're effed. Just incredibly tedious. I am trying out new and otherwise unused cards and what's the point.

idomyownstunts;n7859770 said:
Yeah. Had to stop playing. Every deck, every faction, every time. I know if you can get a buffed unit it gifts you room to more, but if not you're effed. Just incredibly tedious. I am trying out new and otherwise unused cards and what's the point.
Add me, we could go for a round or two with some weird stuff... Gwent, I mean Gwent

I would begin changing the bitchy rays Yen-Con sends from the graveyard once you kill her (I see the rays coming from the graveyard the same turn you throw the Alzur's thunder). I still can feel the deadly pain. After saying that, bearing in mind that most of the times this card is on the table I try to think how to disable it, I may consider a little too strong. Although there is a list of cards that I also consider too strong, maybe it is part of the game, and we just need to use Yen or deal with her.

Last edited:
panerola;n7861300 said:
I would begin changing the bitchy rays Yen-Con sends from the graveyard once you kill her (I see the rays coming from the graveyard the same turn you throw the Alzur's thunder). I still can feel the deadly pain. After saying that, bearing in mind that most of the times this card is on the table I try to think how to disable it, I may consider a little too strong. Although there is a list of cards that I consider also too strong, maybe it is part of the game, and we just need to use Yen or deal with her.

You would figure out how to beat her easy if she didn't hit multiple units. My core issue is that she can line up str and then drop them together and if you don't have buffing only thing you can do is pass.
Jen con in my mind should be utility card it will have impact in long rounds but as is now she can ramp up damage very quickly.

lomvicmarko;n7861370 said:
You would figure out how to beat her easy if she didn't hit multiple units. My core issue is that she can line up str and then drop them together and if you don't have buffing only thing you can do is pass.

You can deal with her if you have a high card that she can hit, protecting the other ones. Otherwise you want to disable her or skip the turn to avoid hard damage. Nevertheless, the rays from the dead are a little too much for me, I think it should be fixed.

That is what I'm trying to say you don't need high card to protect if she always deals 1 damage to single target. if you have 3 cards with 4 str it will take here 12 turns do deal 12 no matter what. But now it would take her 4 unless you throw more units for sacrifice.

First of all, she is by no means auto include lol! Only auto include for Radovid (at MMR ~4000)
About her powerlevel, she has great potential if you utilize cards like scorch, but otherwise she can be played around. Also, Iorveth and Roche can deal with her easily.

thesums7;n7862510 said:
First of all, she is by no means auto include lol! Only auto include for Radovid (at MMR ~4000)
About her powerlevel, she has great potential if you utilize cards like scorch, but otherwise she can be played around. Also, Iorveth and Roche can deal with her easily.
A small correction: neither Iorveth nor Roche can deal with her easily if she's played by NR. In which, as you pointed out, she's an auto-include.

Just sayin'...

Top Bottom