How would you change Yennefer?

+
I would make her 4 str (so it can be beat with Triss and also if has max 6 str with NR deck) which is beatable. Also limit her dmg to max 2 targets at one time or maybe totally change her (not to be used for scorch lineup) and make her remove 1 str from 2 highest, so it will maintain the difference.

It's really frustrating how it works now. Really hard to counter, and if you for example change her to silver, it's no help for you, because she can be returned then.
It's must have card in deck for now, really OP.

Oh c'mon, Yen: Conjurer is NOT overpowered at all.
She's 5 strength and most of the time she's not taking even 10 points from opponents units.
Regular Geralt card is 12 points. Sometimes Yen gives less points.

Just put ONE more powerful unit and Yen would deal you max 10 points during whole round.
She's not better card than many other golds right now.

The only problem with her I think is, that if she's in NR, you can't remove her with 1 card (other than Radovid, so you have to be NR yourself, oh well). If you can't remove her, she'll keep scaling your board to the point she will hit a lot of units at once.

I think she most defintely is not right. She was right before, when it affected both sides of the battlefield. Now it's absolutely trivial to play her without any thought whatsoever and get a very good value out of her at the very least. With a minimum effort you can get insane value, and that is why she's being included in every damn deck. Sure, there are cards to block or kill her, but play her together with Bork for instance, and there are only so many dimeritium bombs, shackles and removal units you can use. And even then, it might take you shackles or dimeritium bomb + one or two control units, depending on availability, just to stop the insane bleeding she can inflict. In my opinion she should go back to affecting both sides of the battlefield as soon as possible.

And the bitch rays from the graveyard are the final insult.

HenryGrosmont;n7862580 said:
A small correction: neither Iorveth nor Roche can deal with her easily if she's played by NR. In which, as you pointed out, she's an auto-include.

Just sayin'...

Ah Yes! Which is why she is an auto-include.... @@ I am contradicting myself lol...

tortugueta;n7865380 said:
I think she most defintely is not right. She was right before, when it affected both sides of the battlefield. Now it's absolutely trivial to play her without any thought whatsoever and get a very good value out of her at the very least. With a minimum effort you can get insane value, and that is why she's being included in every damn deck. Sure, there are cards to block or kill her, but play her together with Bork for instance, and there are only so many dimeritium bombs, shackles and removal units you can use. And even then, it might take you shackles or dimeritium bomb + one or two control units, depending on availability, just to stop the insane bleeding she can inflict. In my opinion she should go back to affecting both sides of the battlefield as soon as possible.

And the bitch rays from the graveyard are the final insult.
She was easily the worst Gold in the game before they changed her so no she was not alright before. She needs a strength nerf down to 4 imo so Triss who's a Neutral too can deal with her.

Tamacountry13;n7871690 said:
She was easily the worst Gold in the game before they changed her so no she was not alright before. She needs a strength nerf down to 4 imo so Triss who's a Neutral too can deal with her.
And what would you do if she's played in NR deck which is what's happening right now? I don't think her strength is the issue, even in NR. It's the fact that she's so powerful on the opponent's side of the board, the way she works.

Tamacountry13;n7871690 said:

She was not the worst gold. She was a perfectly good card that required you to prepare your own side in order to play her, just like you need to do with Bork unless you want to burn your own units. And that made her fine. Now it's a very powerful and disruptive card that carries absolutely no drawback at all for the user.

-2str every 2 rounds
==> She cannot flatten high str units anymore - uneven numbers stay uneven 13, 11, 9, 7.... | She can't zap them twice if an even number (14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4...) comes ahead after that

She wouldn't zap very often this way so to not completely destroy her she zaps on spawn.

rulezfin;n7836110 said:
Yennifer is a gold card. The expected value of a gold card is 12 power at least. I have been tracking the amount of value I gain each round when I play Yen and I think she is a balanced cards. On average I get 10.93 (98 round played) out of her. Considering the fact that you must carefully plan plays around her, I think she is just ok. You should plan outplay her by planning carefully and knowing when to concede the round. Also buffs help a lot.

I agree and no nerf of Yen is needed. She is a gold card with a low point value, so there must be an ability to compensate.

Last edited:
Yennefer Conjurer

I'm sure there've been topics about this already but I couldn't find them anywhere. I just found mention of her in some Axeman topic.

Shouldn't Yennefer : The Conjurer receive a nerf ? Am I the only one complaining about her? Cause there's always a time when she'll deal you 4-6 damage or more EVERY turn. It's like a Vernon Roche/Iorveth but every turn and they're Legendaries while Yen Conj is only Epic. (hopefully she can't target gold cards, hopefully)
And I play a monster consume deck so I'm not that affected but I still lose like 10-20 points every time she's played so I can't imagine how it must be for a Breedable deck or other deck with a lot of units.
And I know there's things to counter her like D-Shackle/Alzur Thunder but still. If you don't have these cards in your hand you're screwed?

If CDPR had to nerf her what should it be? A 1 turn timer? only able to target 1-2-3 units? Target both side of the battlefield?

I'd really like to have your opinion on this.

Yennefer used to zap the strongest unit on the board. But almost no one played her. Then the devs buffed her by only affecting the opponent's side of the board. Now (too) many people play her. This seems to be a reoccurring cycle for Gwent in the beta.

Anyhow, she is definitely strong but at the same time her damage can be mitigated somewhat by keeping one stronger unit on the board. Once you have 3 or more of the strongest unit, then it really starts to hurt. Still, this can be avoided most of the time. While I don't think Yennefer is too strong, I can understand if she gets tweaked a bit to only allow 2 targets max. Which should be more in line with the damage one should be able to do in most scenarios.

I added Vernon Roche to my NR decks, so I can deal with her. When I cant deal with her, I usually pass and focus on next 2 rounds. Biggest problem is Triss butterflies for NR, it has 6 power with that NR buff, so Roche cant kill her. Very strong combo with Paveta and healers / d. shackles.

Top Bottom