One suggestion regarding Woodland Spirit and Caranthir

+
One suggestion regarding Woodland Spirit and Caranthir

Rename Woodland Spirit to Leshiy, it's the same reason Dagon is 'vodyanoi' and not 'aquatic lord' or something as stupid as english translation can come up with sry wrong topic
Monsters have trouble with card redraws and deck thinning is generally weaker than other factions.Their only spy is eating away golden slot, they don't have elven special card trigger, they only have weather and OM-NOM-NOM. There's no such archetype as discard monster, no consistent deck management like SK have, for example. It's always a gamble. But I digress. My suggestion is...

Make weather effect fleeting from the opponent's side when either of those epics got removed from the row. Why only enemy? First, weather monsters' units are weaklings anyway, but immune to weather so no difference, but at least fog can be a source of power for weather archetype. Second, it makes Radovid's leader ability even more useful, and every first Radovid in the ladder is lust over leader ability being useful, don't lie at least to yourself. Third, wasn't all the whine are about units being easily weaken and lacerated next turn? Yes, yes it was. Fourth, current meta is favouring D-shacles/bombs, so woodland and caranthir becomes an actual targets.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n7886540 said:
Make weather effect fleeting from the opponent's side when either of those epics got removed from the row.

I have no idea how this would even work. Can you explain it a bit more; give an example match up?

4RM3D;n7890330 said:
I have no idea how this would even work. Can you explain it a bit more; give an example match up?
Radovid thins his deck with his range row temerian foot shits , monster weather puts woodland spirit, creates fog. Next turn Radovid kills spirit and that should clearsky his range row leaving monster's intact. The archgriffin's effect reserved. What's so hard to understand?

Against it. It would just buff Radovid even further, other leaders would be better to just use skies/d-bomb and call it a day.

metalmaniac21;n7890630 said:
Radovid thins his deck with his range row temerian foot shits , monster weather puts woodland spirit, creates fog. Next turn Radovid kills spirit and that should clearsky his range row leaving monster's intact. The archgriffin's effect reserved. What's so hard to understand?

Well, you are using the wrong terminology...
What you've said: "The weather effect should be fleeting"
What you meant: "The weather effect should be removed"

Fleeting is a mechanic in Gwent, which makes it all the more confusing.

DMaster2;n7890740 said:
Against it. It would just buff Radovid even further, other leaders would be better to just use skies/d-bomb and call it a day.
...? so?
The current meta makes clear skies and d-bombs/shackles madnatory already.

And the point of this is...?) This change does only one thing. It is an inderect buff to Radovid as a leader. If your concern is about weather in general - there is allready a thread about it (actually there is a metric ton of whinning threads, but one is actually fairly constructive) - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...s-aa/7801910-suggestion-thread-weather-rework
If you just mean to say that Radovid needs a buff - ehm, he is the top pick for NR leaders and an essential part of the omnipresent deck everyone hates. Long story short - he doesnt.

metalmaniac21;n7890910 said:
...? so?
The current meta makes clear skies and d-bombs/shackles madnatory already.
The point is that no one is so stupid to waste 2 cards to get a pseudo clear skies (bomb/shackles plus removal). They can just play clear skies. So this suggestion is pointless because it wouldn't affect the game a single bit. But there is an exception, radovid. It would be the only leader able to shot them, making him even stronger than how it already is.
So a suggestion that does nothing for everyone and make radovid even stronger is a bad suggestion. Sorry dude, your idea is terrible.

metalmaniac21;n7891270 said:
Why you not follow?
Because i dont even understand what your proposal supposed to achieve? Remove unit = remove weather... a gold unit. So you need a dimeritium + removal, nvesting 2 cards instead of clear skies. To achieve almost the same effect. Wich is practicly usless, since investing 2 cards, even 2 bronzes, to clear is bad move. Horrible, actually. And you suggest implementing a new mechanic for it. And only for 2 specific units. Moreover, you use NR units as an example. You do realize that you can just tunderbolt footsoldiers, and get a better result in 1 bronze card, right?( Such change have only one practical implication, Radovid. And hes fine, he really is. So, essentially, practical use of your suggestion is buffing an allready really strong leader in a really strong and annoying deck, without achieving anything else. You didnt think of tunderbolt precisely because you run a copy-paste AFK removal list. There are several other units, like water hag and coral, you skipped mentioning. Why? Because your suggestion comes from "I want my AFK deck stronger, im not gonna waste my time analyzing impact of my suggestion on other factions, i still can lose to weather monsters! Outrageous!". It was fairly challenging to believe that it is actually what you ment, so i gave it a benefit of doubt. Presumption of innocence, you know.

Last edited:
If there's no one-side-only weather, then stop whining about monsters. If there's no archgriffing for every faction then it's not monsters' problem.

Last edited:
having difficulty to understand you, so are you saying leshen and caranthir are OP or UP? you saying that when they are removed their weather effects should be gone too? are you saying weather monster deck is weak and radovid is too good? or weather monster deck needs to get nerfed for radovid control to work better?
... no clear pattern, confusing points, random suggestions, poor wording

Ruthless95;n7891900 said:
having difficulty to understand you, so are you saying leshen and caranthir are OP or UP? you saying that when they are removed their weather effects should be gone too? are you saying weather monster deck is weak and radovid is too good? or weather monster deck needs to get nerfed for radovid control to work better?
... no clear pattern, confusing points, random suggestions, poor wording

Radovid was just a popular example as he can kill them in 1 turn. And no, I don't think he's overpowered.
People whine about monsters because monsters can ping everything under weather, trimming down these epics a bit can be useful since not everyone runs or gets Clear Sky, no matter how smug everyone in this topic are about it. If you need to protect your units from pinging, you WILL try to kill of Caranthir, no matter how salty everyone are about having clear sky in the deck (not always in the hand). Either give them this deathrattle or. Or make Caranthir and spirit silver cards.

Or, you know, give other factions more clearsky-esque units/cards. Weather is fine, leave it alone already.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n7892420 said:
Weather is fine, leave it alone already.

You are contradicting yourself. If weather is fine, then why are you suggesting to nerf Caranthir and Woodland Spirit? They are part of the weather.

Or make Caranthir and spirit silver cards

That would arguably make then even more useful because then you can use other Gold cards (like Ragnarok). And it's not like Monsters have many other good silver cards.

People whine about monsters because monsters can ping everything under weather, trimming down these epics a bit can be useful since not everyone runs or gets Clear Sky...

1) There are other ways to counter weather besides First Light.
2) Double (silver) weather cards have already been nerfed.

PS. "Protect from pinging" Is that another one of "your" terms, pinging?

4RM3D;n7892610 said:
PS. "Protect from pinging" Is that another one of "your" terms, pinging?
This 'term' used in Hearthstone, means dealing 1 damage to a unit, smart ass.
4RM3D;n7892610 said:
You are contradicting yourself. If weather is fine, then why are you suggesting to nerf Caranthir and Woodland Spirit? They are part of the weather.
"nerf" in quotes, rather. For monsters not really a nerf, but weather synergises with other monster cards, so it worth keeping.
4RM3D;n7892610 said:
That would arguably make then even more useful because then you can use other Gold cards (like Ragnarok). And it's not like Monsters have many other good silver cards.
Monster weathers already switched to Rag Nar Roog. And yes, there is a fight for better silver in monster decks too.

metalmaniac21;n7892620 said:
This 'term' used in Hearthstone, means dealing 1 damage to a unit

Well yeah, but that doesn't apply here. Weather reduces a unit to 1 strength, which is a completely different mechanic.

(I'm having a déjà vu here)

Ooooh, i wish i had some popcorn for this one. 5 minutes of pleasure reading all the drama, polite hatred, pathetic nitpicking, confusion and silly arguments.

On topic: Uuuuuhhh.. Varu?!

Radovid was just a popular example as he can kill them in 1 turn. And no, I don't think he's overpowered.
People whine about monsters because monsters can ping everything under weather, trimming down these epics a bit can be useful since not everyone runs or gets Clear Sky, no matter how smug everyone in this topic are about it. If you need to protect your units from pinging, you WILL try to kill of Caranthir, no matter how salty everyone are about having clear sky in the deck (not always in the hand). Either give them this deathrattle or. Or make Caranthir and spirit silver cards.

Or, you know, give other factions more clearsky-esque units/cards. Weather is fine, leave it alone already.

ok now i get it, i agree that some units in other factions can bring clear skies with them, for example ermion can have its own ability + trigering a clear sky, same with some other cards from other factions, its nice suggestion and makes sense although it fights the weather monster deck head on and the weather deck don't have shit if you take its weather away, from one of the best decks comes to one of the worst. how ever i don't understand why they have to make caranthir and leshen silver tehy are both immune to weather and the only thing you can do against them is lacerate, alzur or scorch and the weather effect they spelled won't go away if they get removed

Top Bottom