"Lock" function needs a change

+
"Lock" function needs a change

I think locked units should stay locked.until the end of the round.The problem i came upon was when i was playing nilfgaard and locked a resilience unit. He played combat engineer and instantly toggled the resilience again. I think it is a fair deal to let decoy unlock it, but it should be the only card who can do that. Counter a silver card with a bronze just ain´t right.

LuckAffe7777;n7926220 said:
Counter a silver card with a bronze just ain´t right.

But this happens a lot with other cards also. For example Thunder (bronze common) on Ocvist (silver legendary). Sometimes you'll just get more value from your cards when you play them at the right time (or the opponent makes a mistake).

Not sure I agree with the OP on this - in your example the unit was locked and was then given a 'new' ability (which just happened to be the same as it originally had). That seems balanced to me.

I agree that it needs a change. If a card is locked, you shouldn't be able to add resilience to it until it is unlocked. Otherwise there would be no point in continuing to display that the card is locked.

therealslaw;n8853590 said:
I agree that it needs a change. If a card is locked, you shouldn't be able to add resilience to it until it is unlocked. Otherwise there would be no point in continuing to display that the card is locked.

you realize that there are other abilities in the game outside of resilience, right..?

So basically, the point of this thread is "I want Combat Engineer removed from the game"? Because that's basically what this suggestion amounts to. That might actually be a good idea, considering the amount of tools Nilfgaard have but that's another debate.

RickMelethron;n8855170 said:
you realize that there are other abilities in the game outside of resilience, right..?

I believe you're misunderstanding the mindset of the Author.
The concept of a "Locked" unit is kind of a bad term since you're not locking anything, you're just resetting it's abilities.
Personally I think that a "locked" unit should be immune from receiving any other ability effects until it is "unlocked" hence staying true to the [Locked] tag. (This encourages better card trading)

Similarly I believe the "Reset" tag should be able to unlock units as it's name implies.

Alternatively CDPR needs to make seperate Tags for Reset Power, Reset Abilities, Lock Power and Lock Abilities as our current tags for this are badly defined and somewhat misrepresent what their tags imply.

- D3

Top Bottom