The GG system is ruined by spiteful players

+
The GG system is ruined by spiteful players

Summary: GG reward system, although well meaning, does ruin the ultimate experience by spiteful players. End of game rewards should just be included independent of this.

~~~
This thread started from having one too many opponents not send the GG bonus after a long/close game. I especially don't understand people who don't gg after they win the game.

The problem I have with this current system is that it seems more self-serving, than as a way to thank your opponent for a fun game. At least from my perspective, I send the GG out of hopes my opponent would have the decency to do the same. I don't ever feel negatively toward anyone, and for that matter, never that positively either. I enjoy having good games, and my opponent is really irrelevant to that. If they weather all of my stuff then swipe, or spend a lot of time thinking on crucial turns, etc, that is all part of the game space. I cannot be angry at them for playing the game within its rules. This system just encourages spiteful people to ruin the experience, I'm hesitant to say that this is an abuse since it's their choice, but that choice is one that negatively affects players' experiences outside of the game itself.

I always GG after a game regardless, just out of hopes that my opponent would do the same for me, since it will increase my rate of collecting cards (which is already extremely slow). Although one could say, "Just buy some barrels"... ultimately the health of the game depends on its F2P scene as those players often fill up a large, if not majority of the player base. The problem is that you are forced to GG without knowing if your opponent will do the same. Or if you wait, he may also be waiting, and then neither person will send the GG first. Moreover, when you send one first, any spiteful person could just leave the game out of whatever silly reason (spite, delusional mentality that they "only give gg when they feel you deserve it"). I know it's minor, but it really is frustrating when an opponent is a complete knob, and after a close game, and even them winning, decide to not send the gg after you've already sent one.

While I understand this system was well meaning, I really do think that it should be somehow reworked. Receiving your full reward should not depend on whether or not your opponent is having a bad day or if they have a complex. This whole thing would be trivial if collecting cards wasn't so slow, but given the current situation, every game matters.

I hope this doesn't come across as me crying about not receiving an extra 5 ore/scrap, but I think there could be a better way of encouraging positive interaction between players, while still ensuring you get your full reward after the game (even if that makes receiving the bonus independent of your opponent's "good will").

Having GG's sent by opponents, should perhaps just be added to a counter, or contribute to something cosmetic, perhaps which you could display on your account somehow, or maybe give you a frame around your Avatar (currently the "?").

I would consider this BM (bad manners), and when this game goes open beta and finally live will open the floodgates to a far more toxic player base. Just as in Hearthstone, I often find myself just squelching the opponent pre-emptively to avoid pointless emote spam -- sadly, even then people will add me after game to vent their frustration.

Admittedly, while majority of players do send GG at the end, any even 1/10 players not sending it is still relatively significant in the long run. Especially since new cards/packs, crafting golden cards will continually drive up the need for more materials.

This topic is pointless, no offense. Why? Because gg is currently broken. I lost count of how many games that ended up in a concede either by me or my opponent and i wasn't able to send gg (same for them).
They first need to fix this mess, then we can talk about good sportmanship.

To be honest mate, its just good karma to just send your gg regardless if the guy wants to be a dick about it. With a piss poor attitude like theirs, the experience of the game is already spoiled. I find these types far spaced to be honest. Maybe my it's because I just struck 10 and played my first 3 ranked games now. Maybe they are more spiteful in ranked, but it shouldn't change who you are and the good culture we're trying to cultivate in this game. So many games like League of Legends and crap like that you have this extremely toxic community and people just go out of they're way to be assholes.

Lets try and keep the good faith. It always keep the idiot count low in the long run. Those who want to be spiteful, let them keep it. You were nice to them and maybe one day it's that one drop that tips the scale in his attitude towards other people.

Wow, you typed a lot for 5 scrap. Really though, why sweat it? I think it's a nice feature, and I tip everyone except monsters.

Typing a lot doesn't mean taking a lot of effort.

Like I said, I know it's a minor issue, but it's something that I thought about since it does happen from time to time, and will hopefully be improved.

Another nice GG thread...

INITIATING GG PROTOCOL...
RESETTING COUNTDOWN TIMER FOR NEXT GG THREAD...
DONE!

Good Game System

I have a suggestion for sending good game at the end of a batlle , with the current system someone could be a sore loser or just a **** by not sending good game and stil profit 5 coins from the oher player , my suggestion is if 1 player sends the good game both players get 2 coins , and if the other player sends good game aswell both players will get an additionale 3 coins so the combined amount would stil be 5 coins for each player , i think this would be a perfect counter against salty players

and please make the monster faction less strong almoste everybody plays monsters and they are way 2 strong imo

really cool game tho was hoping gwent would become a real game after playing witcher 3 i love all your work !

Kyzah

Hi and welcome to the forums. I've merged your thread. Also, the GG system is kinda of a hot topic here, so tread carefully. :)

Last edited:
I haven't even been able to GG most opponents who forfeit - the option just doesn't show up. Either way, if 1/10 opponent's don't send GG's as you said, the "missed rewards" are hilariously trivial. I feel like it's more BM to feel entitled to GG's.

I wasn't able to send a GG once after my opponent forfeited and he/she sent me GG. The option simply did not appear. I feelt mildly bad afterwards, but then I remembered all the other conts who refused to GG me after I GG them after winning or losing.

Nowadays, doesn't matter if I win or lose, if the opponent doesn't GG within the first 10 seconds after the match ends, 8/10 times he/she won't GG at all, so I don't either. Of course if he/she does GG within that time, no matter how frustrated after a loss I am, I always GG. It works, like I said 8/10 times. Too bad about the other 2, but I had enough of those kinds of people. One might see this hypocritical from my perspective, to expect a GG if I win, but I care little about that. Reality is just the way it is. If someone does it enough to me, I take measures. However ridiculous that may look like.

Also, I MAY sometimes refuse to GG players who drag on the match with excrutiatingly long turns, each taking to the timer. Luckily those aren't that plentiful.

I send a GG because i think the match was good, not because i actually expect a GG back. It should stay optional.

We live in the era of humankind where human smart is not human barrel buy but whining over something they did not get and feel intrinsically entitled to for some odd reason. Everyone is always robbed because of something even in a free Beta test.

As for me, I reward GG when I see one not as a moral obligation placed on me by anyone, nor do I feel like a member of the monster deck when I do not GG. The system was put in there as a choice for the individual player why do people then come and complain about the choice the player made?

Whether due to rage, or being spammed with negative comments from a witcher or because you lost to a deck far superior to yours or because you just wanted to flex your freedom or whatever. Nothing needs to be fixed, freedom has no fix and no certain outcome.....be free or may you be resurrected as the krone you are.

1. You get your earned​​ rewards regardless: xp for performance (and if you won, also for winning) and daily rewards for rounds won. The GG scraps/ore are a bonus, and are meant to be optional.

2. Some players (me included) will not GG if our opponent uses certain tactics (i.e: keeps playing after I've passed even though he already won, or abusing a card like pre-patch Cahir)
So I would advise you to try and refrain from doing this if GG is so important to you.

idomyownstunts -careful: you keep screwing with Henry, people might think you're just me using a different account

Last edited:
Instead of both players having to say "GG" to get the perk, why shouldn't it be given for those who just say "GG" period? That would show sportsmanship. And then maybe offer another perk for the amount of times you have "GG" and compare it to your opponent saying "GG" as well. Maybe after a certain threshold, you would get an added bonus.

I believe I ought to change my ways, perhaps. Will probably just give GG from now on, regardless of what happens. Two times today I received GG after some time, while I was already searching for the next match, wheareas I didn't give GG.

I feel bad and I will change my evil ways. I swear on me mum.

Top Bottom