Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Something simple like Gwent Tracker from CDPR

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • None of Above

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
New History Window vs Gwent Tracker

Hello.... So what you going to prefer ?

I never used gwent tracker before but I saw it in you tube videos & yesterday I tried that & I really like the neat look of it. It's simple but yet so informative. I understand that cdpr designer / developers are working so hard to make gwent great game but they have to understand where to put more efforts & where not.

I mean this is very important but this is information & should be good if it's give more information in easy way rather then putting to much graphics or design to it. I am sorry my English is not good enough to explain this in proper way but I just wanted to say that putting more efforts in card looks/animation is cool but adding to much detail just to show simple history is waste of designers time. Developers should work more here to add more information in simple easy way like gwent tracker.

I mean currently gwent tracker only showing cards opp. played so why not cdpr take it that simple design & just adding cards played by both sides with simple blue/red color combo? with same slide panel mechanism window.

1] To check what cards opp. already used specially gold / silver & that also mostly in 2nd/3rd round.
2] If left screen [game] for some work then to get idea about last few cards played.

Why player needs cards left in deck ?
1] It helps if there are more then 25 cards in deck & even it helps if 25 cards are there.
2] If we have track then playing cards like King of beggar / Double cross is quite easy as it's easy to find what card is going to be played.
3] It really helps when we have more hen 1 deck of same faction but with few card changes so we don't have to remember what changes is there in deck & we can focus on game.
for exm. - I remember the incident from last twitch feed where they forgot that what last gold card is there in NR deck. They thought it's Keira but actually it's a shani :) so this really helps imo.
So finally I just want to say some things looks good in a simple way only. It won't require too much graphics or decoration to make it look good. Currently IMO cdpr is too much thinking about looks. I really want them to add big view for last card played with may be tab function with Last card played / All History like gwent tracker showing.

I will add few suggestion with images later.. Thanks

Last edited:

important - all card images / text / colors / icons are for reference only.

ok so here is one simple idea... Oligerd card image is the preview area which always going to show the last card played by any player as it's working now but hovering over card names in history window going to show that card image in same place like it's currently working for right side of board where hovering over cards showing there information plus clicking on card name in history window going to show us full page of preview for that card like it's working in gwent tracker.
History Window

It's going to slide from left to right. It's fine too if cdpr adds arrow tip to right edge of window to open/close window for pc users with mouse.

The Red / Blue circles are showing which side the card is. Bronze / Silver / Gold small vertical rectangles are showing card color/rarity/type whatever it is :) & next icons are showing card type melee / ranges / siege / agile etc. I don't think card rarity basic / rare / epic / legendary is needed here.
Now of course cdpr can modify this much better way with nice design / color & icons. It's possible to use letters in color to easily guess what color card it is like.. for Gold - G / Silver - S / Bronze - B so even though if colors are hard to guess it's easy to understand with letter.

Two icons in top right corner are 1] To toggle card history mode & cards in deck if cdpr decides to add. 2] Simple close button.
Turn Coin

I don't know how it's going to look or how much user friendly it is but I think it's k if cdpr moves that turn coin to right by reducing card preview widow size by little as we only need to see coin to check who's turn it is & we have hot key to pass so I really don't think it's a big deal.
Of course we can use gwent tracker but still as it's not official I really like to see something good from cdpr like gwent tracker. Anyways I try... Thanks.

Last edited:
Btw if some1 don't know how cdpr history panel looks then check below image... 1st of all they totally removed that last card played display so now to see last card played you have to keep open this history window plus currently it's not showing cards played by other cards like king of beggar or by azura dcross etc.

2nd it's not showing what cards left in your deck so I am afraid players are going to keep continue using gwent tracker then this new history panel created by cdpr with lot of work :/ imo as at least for me gwent tracker looks far easier & gives you more useful options so cdpr has to think about this.

Last edited:
I appreciate your effort :D

As i mentioned in another thread; I think it's a players duty to collect and stay aware of all informations, that the player considers as being important.
I don't know gwent tracker tho.

TH3WITCH3R;n8147220 said:

Anyways, this one seems uncomfortable to use with keyboard or gamepad.

TV_JayArr;n8167990 said:
I appreciate your effort :D

As i mentioned in another thread; I think it's a players duty to collect and stay aware of all informations, that the player considers as being important.
I don't know gwent tracker tho.

It's helpful when player goes away from screen due to whatever work & if he missed opp. move as well it's useful to check what cards opp. have already played to make you strategy in round 2 or 3.

TV_JayArr;n8167990 said:
Anyways, this one seems uncomfortable to use with keyboard or gamepad.

It's just an example the whole point of thread is to give something simple just to track previous moves rather than removing previous features & then adding big windows & decoration just to show some information.
About keyboard / gamepad of course hot key is there to open quick window & you can move through cards with up/down keys.

Last edited:
a history of the last few cards played is a must for any card game... but tracking the cards left in your deck is just lazy

RickMelethron;n8168630 said:
a history of the last few cards played is a must for any card game... but tracking the cards left in your deck is just lazy

It's not about just tracking the cards but tracking cards with its strength as some cards are have ability to play cards from deck with high or low strength so sometimes you know what cards are left but tracking strength is bit hard specially for new players, new cards or when we use more than 2/3 decks of different factions.

& as cdpr said more & more cards are going to come so you will understand this later as well may be most of the players playing with 25 cards deck but what if some one is using or wants to use more than that?

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R;n8169030 said:
[...] but tracking strength is bit hard specially for new players, new cards or when we use more than 2/3 decks of different factions. [...]

That distinguishes experienced from unexperienced players. You are supposed to improve with time spent playing and experience gained, thus an experienced player should have the advantage of his experience against a new player.
Besides if u swap between decks, just quickly check them in your deck builder to be aware of your cards.

TV_JayArr;n8169250 said:
That distinguishes experienced from unexperienced players. You are supposed to improve with time spent playing and experience gained, thus an experienced player should have the advantage of his experience against a new player.
Besides if u swap between decks, just quickly check them in your deck builder to be aware of your cards.

See it's hard for me to explain properly but I am not asking cdpr to give me all calculation for card abilities going to change overall strength but to focus on that it's quite good to have track on played card & cards remaining in deck as if you ask me card history panel & remaining cards in deck are both same things as you can check in history panel to find what cards you played but the problem is it's going to take more time which is waste of time & I am sure you don't want your opp. to play card at the end of counter.

As well we don't have any idea about further new cards & there abilities.. what if cards will come which will add or remove cards from your deck randomly? then how you are going to track? so imo it's always good to have both information windows & it's for both sides. If you don't like it then just close it & play simple :)

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R;n8171430 said:
[...]what if cards will come which will add or remove cards from your deck randomly? [...]

I assume those kind of effect to be a discard effect. Just show the discarded cards on the screen shortly and then move it into the graveyard - that means you can look at them whenever you want to. Compare it with absorption from monsters. You also need to check which card got absorbed from the graveyard.

TH3WITCH3R;n8171430 said:
[...]so imo it's always good to have both information windows & it's for both sides. If you don't like it then just close it & play simple :)

That would simply mean a disadvantage for me, because it apparently gives informations and make thinks easier.
As I said - think in the other thread as well - I just deeply hope if they will add it, they will keep the ranked games untouched.

About Gwent said:
[...] While offering some serious, mind-bending tactical possibilities, GWENT remains a game you can learn to play in less than 15 minutes.[...]

Source:https://www.playgwent.com/en#/about/world

They unfortunately changed the description by now. In addition to that, It used to be something about how much experienc will be needed and rewarded long-term wise.

So how many players really using new cdprs so called history panel ? as I saw few you tube gwent videos & most of them are still using gwent tracker which is no doubt easy & effective thing to use :) so as I said cdpr need to understand everything not needed good looks as some things looks good in simple way only.

Top Bottom