[Suggestion] Change to Sweers

+
[Suggestion] Change to Sweers

Sweers is probably one of my favourite nilfgaard cards. But unfortunately is not that reliable, for various reasons, main one being that your opponent may have copies of the targeted card in hand.

So I propose to expand his effect to the hand, with this new ability.

Target an opposing non-gold unit and first move all copies from your opponents deck to their graveyard, then, if your opponent has an equal number of cards in their deck as they do copies in hand, move all copies from their hand to their graveyard. For every card moved from your opponents hand, your opponent draws a card and reveals it.

This not only is a direct buff to his ability as it is, but also gives him synergy with the reveal archetype

Thoughts?

If you are wondering about the phrasing and conditions in the descriptions it's because I was avoiding a potential way to abuse this card, by way of discarding a card from your opponents hand, and they can't draw because of an empty deck. And gain CA, potentially 2. Although probably quite rare.

That will make the card a double-edged sword. Sometimes the opponent will get better cards in return. The idea could still be interesting, though.

Your idea looks interesting but a little bit complicated. I don't have Sweers, but might it be more useful if the ability remains the same but it is not restricted to the opponent?

Move all instances of a non-Gold unit from the deck to the graveyard.

then, if it is not useful for the opponent cards you can thin your deck.

I think Sweers is fine as he is, you just have to know what decklist your opponent is running, and what he is likely to mulligan away in excess in his oppening hand. For example, it is rare Nilfgaard control will keep more than 1 knight in hand, but very likely to have more than 1 rot tosser or arbalest. So if you wanna sweers, going for knights is a better strategy than going for tosser or arbalest. Sweers power relies on you knowing what their mulligan phase will look like on top of knowing their decklist

JoachimDeWett;n8180200 said:
I think Sweers is fine as he is, you just have to know what decklist your opponent is running, and what he is likely to mulligan away in excess in his oppening hand. For example, it is rare Nilfgaard control will keep more than 1 knight in hand, but very likely to have more than 1 rot tosser or arbalest. So if you wanna sweers, going for knights is a better strategy than going for tosser or arbalest. Sweers power relies on you knowing what their mulligan phase will look like on top of knowing their decklist

That could be said for any card/unit with limited capabilities.

I struggle with keeping sweers in my decks. I feel like in my experience he just isnt worth the silver slot. I would like to see him go in the direction of what limezero has suggested. Then i could justify leaving him in my deck.

he will still remain a gimmick high risk high reward card, giving your opponent a shot at drawing silvers/golds at the cost of bronzies doesnt sound any better than what he is now

Top Bottom