Gameplay suggestions

+
Gameplay suggestions

• During mulligan I would like to see what faction and leader I am against. I know I can hide/show cards but if it was shown in mulligan that’d be a lot smoother
  • I would like being shown the amount of cards in each players’ hand.
  • Many effects resolve without me being able what happened. For example if an opponent uses a card to increase the strength of his units I can see that his units gain strength but can’t see the card which was played. Similarily I can’t see which card a devourer banishes from my graveyard which is useful information when playing a resurrect themed deck. (I know I can check the graveyard but it would be smother if I could see it immediately)

1. Click "Hide Cards" and you can, and click "Show Cards" to get back to your mulligan. Its almost essential for Nilf players as you can also do this when using leader selection cards, spy with draws, etc. Edit: A good habit I've developed is instantly doing this at the start of the match. Its useful to know if you wanna keep your D bomb, scorch, clear skies, or whatever other situational card you may have for its utility, as well as ways to tweak your deck's strategy. I use rot tossers for example, which are great against ST and NR, but I'll typically mulligan all but one (or sometimes even the one) against SK.
2. This is also readily available. Cards in hand is on the left side by each players hand. Cards in deck and graveyard are on the right by the decks and graveyards.
3. So as for the potions and buffs, its usually easy enough to tell. There are only so many of these in the game. As far as the card that is banished you'll just have to know what's in your graveyard; you can right click it to check it and see what's missing. Part of the skill of card games and the like is knowing what's been played and what hasn't without readily having all of the information available. Spades or Hearts as a great example: you don't always know what spades have been played as books taken are usually kept face down, and you don't know if the Q of spades has been played in hearts unless you're paying attention.

Last edited:
I think a much better fix for this would be if they implemented a keybinding that toggled between Show Cards and Hide Cards. That way we could easily toggle cards off to see the enemy leader and then toggle back on to continue looking through cards. I think it would be useful in every situation where cards are covering the screen. Could be easily implemented to Console as well since I assume there are a lot of unused buttons on the controller.

anyone else end up where they play a card that plays a random card from your deck and have no idea what it does ... for example i play johnny , he plays a random non gold card .. that card pulls up a bronze dwarf that remove 3 str from the opposing side .. BUT if it doesn't kill that other card , i gain 2 str .. here is the kicker .. i have no way of knowing that , i cant read the card so i dont know to chose a card over 3 so i gain my 2 str ..
i need to be able to read the card i am currently playing!
1/10

Agreed with both lucindrea and travala. Not enough information during the gameplay. As a starting player that is just frustrating and as a game about to go public, you're going to get an influx of new players that you risk immediately losing again (possibly forever) by making their first games just a "WTF did just happen and why did I lose"? experience.

I play on the X-Box and it is not necessarily intuitive when I am drawing random cards and playing them, but I think it is viewable. When my opponent is chaining a few cards together though I have to pay attention and try and back track what happened. There is nothing that makes it easy to really understand what happened. I don't know every card in the game, and when they pull other stuff it makes it really hard. Particularly a card that chooses an option of 2 items that aren't cards that you can craft...not sure what to call those.

Top Bottom