so how does Eredin work or why doesn't he?

+
so how does Eredin work or why doesn't he?

Eredin has an ability that says something like "Eredin can be kept by the monster player". which makes me assume I can choose to keep him instead of the last unit played that turn.
but this choice is never offered to me? I don't get it.

All that means is Eredin is a unit that the monster passive takes into account, in addition to any other unit you play from hand.
The monster passive will keep him, if he is the last unit your played.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Muppetmuppet;n8478450 said:
I tried to lock this ability of Eredin. But it still came back into play.

You cannot lock Eredin because he doesn't have an ability. The Monster faction (passive) ability it what keeps the last played unit from your hand on the board.

Ok so the text on the card is pretty confusing. Are there any other examples of text that looks like an ability that isn't?

Muppetmuppet;n8492240 said:
Ok so the text on the card is pretty confusing. Are there any other examples of text that looks like an ability that isn't?

The clause "Can be kept by the monsters faction ability" isn't an ability.
That clause tells you that the card is taken into account by the monsters faction passive. Which is a different thing altogether.

The monster faction passive, which is to keep the last non-gold non-fleeting non-resilient unit played from hand, wouldn't normally take Eredin into account as a potential keep, because he isn't actually a unit in hand. So as a result his description has to specifically state that he is a potential keep.

But every other single thing written in text on a card is an ability? So I can know in future this is the only text I have to remember isn't an ability ?

Top Bottom