Why Scoia'tael Faction Powerful? and My Suggestions

+
Why Scoia'tael Faction Powerful? and My Suggestions

Hi everyone,

Some Decks buffed or can be buff cards row positions should be change. , like scoia'tel.. Buffed ambush cards (or braen) can puts any row but ,
+ Nilfgard reveal buffed cards ( Spotter , Vanhemar)
+ Skellige discard buffed card ( Clan Dimun Pirate )
+ Scoia'tel Ele'yas
+ Skellige Axeman

These cards only puts ranged row. opponents already know this.
and these deck types very weak to powerful decks sample : dagon, brouver , henselt vs.

These changes can helps to weak decks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scoia'tael ambush is strong, not because of ambush cards being agile, but rather because ambush cards cannot be countered or damaged on top of the constant buffing with Vrihedd Dragoon. Scoia'tael already lost a lot of agility and further reducing it, isn't the solution. Instead, fix Vrihedd Dragoon or make ambush more susceptible to spells.

In the same vein, the agility of Ekimmara, while strong, isn't the problem, but rather the perfect synergy with the Monsters' passive. The same applies to Vran Warrior.

Last edited:
I think ambush is fine and that good special for SC as trap card. I like it. But the way buff card and unable to touch is broken. Ambush shouldn't be a strong strength card in anyway, because it's already strong for unknown "what is it?". Make them can't be buffed then all thing is good.

Yeah dragoon + ambush is good, but it isnt the reason why ST is one of the top faction at the moment.

The reason is because its the only faction you can still consistently get card advantage while still having some decent deck thinning mechanic on mercs + light. Half of my games with ST i dont even use the ambush cards i have (i just run 2 sappers).

Also, if you remove the agile from traps they will become kinda useless since the opponent will have a good chance to guess what it is just by row position.

Until they dont nerf the milva + roach combo i'm fine.

Decks heavy with ambush often have some tells too. The player will play the card that gains strength whenever an ambush is played almost immediately, which then tells you what you're up against. I've found that by playing alternate decks to figure out the mechanics of them, it's helped with designing the preferred decks in each faction. There are some things that are entirely over-powered still, but I'm not sure the ambushes are inherently a problem. It's just a matter of knowing how to counter them [assuming you have the cards/draw to do it]. Sometimes, you just get bad draws, and nothing you do is going to be useful in the end.

Top Bottom