Make Frightener great again

+
Make Frightener great again

So I quite liked yesterday stream and I will probably give open beta a try (which I was not intending to but that's another matter), however my secret wish of seeing Frightener buffed or changed was not fullfiled (or maybe was and it was not shown which makes this topic redundant but I'll give it a shot anyway) so I thought that maybe it's not too late and folks at CDPR might still show some love to this wonderful :wat: creature until open beta hits.
I guess you will agree that Frightener is not in great condition in its current state. This is imho mainly due to:
-low base strength, which makes it very susceptible for instant removal
-requirement of constant supply of special cards
-slow buildup.

To compare, Vran warrior
-has higher base strength,
-the same timer,
-in the most frequented scenario (behemoth/arachas consume cycle) gets buffed by the same amount
-no additional cards needed (except behemoth and 1 chainstarter)
-creates additional synergy with lots of cards,
-can be also quite versatile,
-there are three of them...

All in all Frightener is completely dwarfed by a common bronze card.

Now what can be done about it:
-my preffered choice would be partial revert to his previous state- consuming all special cards from your graveyard at once and getting +strength for each of them, with added 1 turn timer, similar to Grave Hag's.
-complete rework.

I dont think we have info on all cards that were changed. Maybe ur wish might still come true fom may 24.

According to a translation of the info from the Polish stream, Frightener is now a 10 str disloyal card that relocates adjacent cards to a random row and draws you a card.

Hmmm, that's interresting, Frightener does indeed fit the spy stereotype, the fella is really easy to overlook:rly?:. Anyway I think that the relocate ability is not so useful for a spy card since you usually want to use him in the round you intend to lose so it's not really that important to disrupt enemy lanes... Still better than current version though.

i put him into my deck without realizing he was a spy when i drew him i got excited played him only then to realize that it was a spy CARD??????? and lost the match ha!

What exactly did the "old" frightener do? I just drew this in a pack and it sounded cool, but I really have no clue if it's good yet.

Originally consumed all special cards in your graveyard and gained +3 (maybe +2 I'm not quite sure) strength for each card consumed, after nerf timer was added to his ability, making him consume 1 special every 2 turns.

Top Bottom