Quality of Life suggestions from card game veteran

+
Quality of Life suggestions from card game veteran

Firstly, I will NOT be suggesting any balance changes.

I've played tgcg's and cgc's for many years now, and can admit my main has been hearthstone for 4 years.
After both seeing and playing Gwent, I will absolutely be switching fro HS to Gwent permanently. Absolutely incredible game, very original, and great level of complexity. That being said, there are some definite changes to the UI that need to be made.

Now, if CDPR really wants to get golden advice, they should listen to the suggestions from a streamer and 2nd place 100k tournament winner -- Noxious. I believe he emailed in his suggestions and spent hours on his suggestions, so I won't re-hash it all.

So here are some overarching suggestions to really improve the look and feel of the game:

1. In-game, when cards become damaged/buffed...PLEASE allow the ORIGINAL stats to be visible by hovering over the card.

2. When opening card kegs...PLEASE allow explanations of cards when hovering over (as if viewing from collection).

3. For beginners, PLEASE label the faction of a card when hovering over it rather than just relying on the visual border. When I first started playing, this was somewhat frustrating since I didn't yet memorize what each border belonged to what faction.

4. When opening card kegs...if opening a card with multiple image types (i.e. queensguard), PLEASE show both the number of the image type owned AND card type owned. Initially, I did not quite remember how many of what cards I owned, and the fact that different images would display "0 owned" when I actually owned several was rather frustrating and often led me to picking cards that I didn't need.

5. Generalization here, but keywords and descriptions of MANY cards need to be improved. One example is the "priestess of freya." The card is labeled as "DOOMED", which apparently means the card is banished when destroyed. However, I noticed that if DISCARDED from the hand, the card does in fact become banished.

6. Main menu UI....there are WAY too many tabs. Take hearthstone as an example...there is basically one home screen where you can access whatever you want. This needs to exist for GWENT.

and lastly my NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT:

7. Deck building is EXTREMELY cumbersome...once again I'll use hearthstone as an example. The factions need to be easily selected with tabs at the top, cards need to be MUCH MORE easily viewed on a page-type format as opposed to a tiny bar with a slider. A search bar should be right at the bottom for easy isolation by name/rarity/keyword/etc... PLEASE improve the deck building UI.

I could go on with further UI improvements, but I think this is a good start. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to add one important thing. The cards played history should show what cards has been triggered/damaged/boosted etc. It's highly frustraiting to not know what special has been triggered and why my cards just disappeared.

Please add a colour blind option or mouse over tool tip that tells you what rarity a card is. Purple vs blue and bronze vs gold is very difficult to distinguish for some people (me)

Top Bottom