You lost me. [stock witcher 3 gwent for phones]

+
You lost me. [stock witcher 3 gwent for phones]

I was so excited for this after playing the witcher, but when I tried the beta I am not into this. the cool powers for individual cards like damage or shield a teammate are a good addition, but all the other magic styled niche strategies are to much for a casual card player. if you make a stock witcher 3 gwent for phones I will play that but for now I will have to forget about gwent.

omg you ppl still with that witcher 3 gwent.... gwent in witcher 3 was unbalanced ***** where you literally power carded your AI opponent with spies and collection, it was awesome mini game but nowhere near to be a standalone game, go play witcher 3 if you want to win without thinking every time

The stock Witcher 3 Gwent would be a horrible multiplayer game. Go back to it and see how imbalanced it is. You basically have one powerful deck, while the others are just there for the sake of it.

Witcher 3 Gwent would never work as a multiplayer game, especially an MMO. Everyone would simply spam spies, decoys and medics, just like the NPC opponents with high-end decks.
Don't get me wrong - I think Witcher 3's Gwent is an awesome minigame within a singleplayer game. And that's what is was designed to be.

Standalone Gwent is designed to be multiplayer game, therefore it simply has to have more mechanics and diversity than mindless spy spam in order to have any chance of being a success.
While I can't compare Gwent to other CCGs (as I've never played any), I will say I'm truly enjoying the game especially with the changes from CB to OB.

:yes:

gledr;n8749910 said:
I was so excited for this after playing the witcher, but when I tried the beta I am not into this. the cool powers for individual cards like damage or shield a teammate are a good addition, but all the other magic styled niche strategies are to much for a casual card player. if you make a stock witcher 3 gwent for phones I will play that but for now I will have to forget about gwent.
Lol that would be a terrible waste of resources for the company. It may be a nice touch to add it as a single player option for the nostalgic people but that is it.

Yep, opportunities for casual play in this game seem pretty abysmal. I'm not even in ranked yet, but everyone apparently consulted internet on what to do at this point. I encounter golden weather cards in 50% of the games. So much for my poor homebrew decks T_T

tinboots;n8751300 said:
Yep, opportunities for casual play in this game seem pretty abysmal. I'm not even in ranked yet, but everyone apparently consulted internet on what to do at this point. I encounter golden weather cards in 50% of the games. So much for my poor homebrew decks T_T
It doesn't take a netdeck to figure out that RnR is the most broken card in the game and an autocraft as soon as you get 800 scraps

True. TW3 gwent was super imbalanced with spies being totally OP. This Gwent game however is much more balance but still has spy faction being OP. Improvement!
:huh:

DMaster2;n8751370 said:
It doesn't take a netdeck to figure out that RnR is the most broken card in the game and an autocraft as soon as you get 800 scraps

First light, Archgriffin, Standard Bearer, Gremist (all of these + decoy) etc. are there for a reason.

Last edited:
DMaster2;n8751370 said:
Honestly given how much the genre is saturated at this point, you should probably do better than have autocraft cards in your game (while having no story mode and having single trivial difficulty level for AI practice with no option to chose faction).

I agree Witcher 3 gwent is horrible for multiplayer, but man stil has a point here. Current version of gwent sure is VERY unfriendly for causal players.

Jotun35;n8751620 said:
First light, Archgriffin, Standard Bearer, Gremist (all of these + decoy) etc. are there for a reason.
Yes, but that won't stop RnR from getting good value anyway. And if you happen to not have an answer ready, you lose the round on the spot.

DMaster2;n8753370 said:
Yes, but that won't stop RnR from getting good value anyway. And if you happen to not have an answer ready, you lose the round on the spot.

rnr can get max 9 value if you counter it, that is bronze card value, however you do use first light to remove it so its 9 + 8 (17) which is not that bad, also you can play around it to stack on one row etc, geralt igni is not being played that much nowdays, because many golden cards are more consistent with good value, t*cough* tibor *couch*

DMaster2;n8751370 said:

Drought is the better card, IMO. There are so many cards that target high buffs (BTM, Gigni, Scorch, Reset Creatures, Maeredrome) that pulling down the lower cards usually allows for better value.

Guitarstudent;n8754270 said:
rnr can get max 9 value if you counter it, that is bronze card value, however you do use first light to remove it so its 9 + 8 (17) which is not that bad, also you can play around it to stack on one row etc, geralt igni is not being played that much nowdays, because many golden cards are more consistent with good value, t*cough* tibor *couch*

Tibor is a monster right now. It's by far the best Round 3 play in the current meta.

As for OP, I understand you. Standalone Gwent simply isn't for everyone.

frbfree;n8754740 said:
Tibor is a monster right now. It's by far the best Round 3 play in the current meta.

I would argue that Kayran is slightly better (less random).

About RnR, a 17 gold card is good, but far from OP. That's Ciri: dash tier basically (and much more easily countered) and maybe just slightly better than Hjalmar.

If he has no gold 3 point unit in every row. RNG is sometimes way less, I dont mind it at all. And it is a neutral card so everyone can use it. Worse is when 1 faction have OP card, like NG right now.

Man, I'm done here, Gwent isn't for me, don't get the wrong idea, it's not because Gwent is suck or something, I think card game in general isn't for me, thanks man Witcher 3 was a blast, have fun guys!

Top Bottom