Patch 0.8.33 -- out now!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Patch 0.8.33 -- out now!

Patch 0.8.33 is now available on PC and Xbox One! With this patch we introduced 20 new cards, ranked matches, and new premium cards!

Full list of changes by factions:

Gameplay - card Strength / abilities changes:
General / Neutral
  • New Gold Special Card - Renew.
  • New Gold Special Card - Bekker's Twisted Mirror.
  • New Silver Special Card - Alzur's Double-Cross.
  • New Bronze Special Card - Dimeritium Shackles.
  • New Bronze Special Card - Mardroeme.
  • New Bronze Special Card - Quen Sign.
  • New Silver Unit Card - Dudu.
  • New Silver Unit Card - Iris.
  • New Silver Unit Card - King of Beggars.
  • New Gold Unit Card - Yennefer: The Conjurer.
  • New Gold Unit Card - Geralt: Aard.
  • New Gold Unit Card - Ciri: Dash.
  • All units that reach 0 base strength will be banished from the game upon removal.
  • If a unit is banished, it will not trigger its abilities based on removal.
  • Promoted units will lose their Gold status upon returning to the player's hand.
  • Borkh's name changed to Villentretenmerth.
  • Villentretenmerth's strength changed from 9 to 7.
  • Operator's strength changed from 4 to 6.
  • Alzur's Thunder damage changed from 6 to 7.
  • Johnny should no longer briefly reveal the card created to the opponent.
  • Several units that have triggers upon their death now have a passive icon again.
  • The Rally effect should no longer get stuck if you have no units to draw.
Monsters
  • New Gold Unit Card - Kayran.
  • New Silver Unit Card - Katakan.
  • Frightener's strength changed from 2 to 4.
  • Frightener changed from Melee to Siege row.
  • Frightener's ability changed to the following - Every 2 turns, banish a random non-Gold special card in your graveyard and gain 3 strength.
  • Grave Hag's countdown changed from 2 to 1.
  • Nekker's ability changed to the following - While in your hand or deck, gain 1 strength whenever a unit on your side absorbs another's strength. When removed from the battlefield, play a Nekker from your deck.
  • Nekker Warrior's strength changed from 4 to 5.
  • Cards created by Nekker Warrior now move properly to the deck.
  • Crones now properly summon copies of themselves.
  • Cards drawn by Giant Toad should now animate correctly.
Skellige
  • New Gold Unit Card - Coral.
  • New Silver Unit Card - Champion of Champions.
  • Sigrdrifa's passive ability will only be triggered by your own resurrections.
  • Ermion will now make you discard 2 cards before drawing 2 cards.
  • Savage Bear will no longer damage spawned units.
  • Svanrige will make you discard 1 card before you can draw 1 card.
  • Clan Dimun Pirate's strength changed from 6 to 5.
  • Clan Tuirseach Axeman's ability will now also trigger when a unit is destroyed due to its strength being reduced to 0 by a damaging ability.
  • War Longship's strength changed from 5 to 4.
  • An Craite Raider's strength changed from 4 to 3.
  • Draig Bon Dhu's ability changed from +1 to +2.
  • Hjalmar's strength changed from 10 to 15.
  • Donar an Hindar's ability order and tooltip description now match correctly.
  • Hemdall now removes units from the board instead of dealing 99 damage to them.
  • Fixed an issue where Cerys' VFX would sometimes not trigger properly.
Northern Realms
  • New Gold Unit Card - Keira Metz.
  • New Silver Unit Card - Trololo.
  • Reaver Scouts can now only target appropriate units.
  • Agile units played by Reaver Scouts will now allow you to choose the row they are played on.
  • Dandelion's ability changed so that it now only gives +1 to enemy units. It also no longer affects spawned units.
  • Promoted Reaver Hunters and Blue Stripes Commandos will now receive their buffs correctly.
  • Reinforced Siege Tower and Reinforced Ballista will now trigger their own abilities when promoted.
  • Sabrina Glevissig's damage changed from 4 to 3.
  • Nenneke's strength changed from 3 to 4.
  • Reinforcement can now only target appropriate units.
Scoia'tael
  • New Gold Unit Card - Schirrú.
  • New Silver Unit Card - Malena.
  • Braenn's strength changed from 5 to 3.
  • Braenn's ability changed to the following - Remove an amount equal to this unit's strength from an opposing non-Gold unit.
  • Isengrim will now spawn 1 Commando Neophyte instead of 2.
  • Commando Neophyte's strength changed from 2 to 3.
  • Aglaïs can now only resurrect special cards from your own graveyard.
  • Aelirenn will no longer gain +1 strength when played.
  • Aelirenn's strength changed from 5 to 6.
  • Vrihedd Dragoon's ability changed to the following - Add 3 strength to a non-Gold unit in your hand.
  • Fireball Trap's ability changed to the following - When a revealed non-gold unit appears on the opposite side, remove 5 strength from it.
  • Morenn's ability changed to the following - Destroy an unrevealed ambush card and gain 4 strength.
  • Morenn's strength changed from 4 to 7.
  • Ele'yas' buff value changed from +2 to +3.
  • Saskia's artwork has changed from Human to Dragon form.
  • Fixed an issue where Ida Emean would cause interaction problems after countering the effects of special cards.
  • Fixed an issue with inconsistent triggering of Hawker Support's ability.
  • Fixed an issue with inconsistent triggering of Vrihedd Sapper's ability.
  • Francesca should no longer cause errors when played with an empty hand.
Game fixes / changes:
  • Keyboard and mouse controls should now be more unified.
  • Fixed an issue where cards in the graveyard could remain in the foreground.
  • Fixed a crash when placing the first card on the board in the deckbuilder tutorial.
  • It's now possible to sort cards based on rarity in the deckbuilder using mouse only.
Game polishes:
  • Daily rewards have been reworked to function off rounds won rather than game wins.
  • The daily rewards interface has been reworked significantly.
  • The level system has been reworked and is now capped at 100.
  • Rewards and feature unlocks from levels 2-100 have been added.
  • Any account above level 10 has been reset to level 10. Rewards for levels 2-10 will automatically be added to your account.
  • Ranked play has been added to the game, featuring 15 ranks.
  • Rank up rewards have been added to the game from ranks 2-15.
  • A leaderboard for the top 1,000 players has been added to the game.
  • The Vs screen has been upgraded significantly.
  • Numerous redundant spaces fixed in several tooltips.
  • Numerous minor tooltip and text fixes across all languages.
  • Spawned cards should now appear much more quickly.
  • Fixed the translation of Permadeath in Russian.
  • Countdown timers should now take less time to display.
  • Added information about being able to resurrect Permadeath units to certain cards.
  • Reworked Victory Screen to improve the flow of match rewards.
Tutorial:
  • Changed tutorial flow - added new sub-menu for choosing specific tutorials.
  • Added card collection tutorial.
  • Deck building tutorial now grants a reward of 50 scraps upon completion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game feels super smooth after the new patch

The animations and transitions feel so much more smoother after the new patch.
Overall, the game looks even more polished and attractive after the patch. Great stuff CDPR!
:cheers:

Thank you for listening to your community guys! You're doing great work, keep it up!

Getting rewards for rounds sounds really good, especially if that means that ties are rewarded too now!
Enjoy the Christmas!

Nice. Big nerf for Skellige in any tactics warcry, wounded, and resurrect. It's hard time to play Skellige now.

That's good when you put some challenge for us - who play Skellige faction.

Burza46;n7284470 said:
The level system has been reworked and is now capped at 100.

So what happens once you reach level 100? No more rewards?

Side note: ST got nerfed hard :(

"Vrihedd Dragoon's ability changed to the following - Add 3 strength to a non-Gold unit in your hand."

Dragoon was the key card of my neophyte decks :(. I was in shock when he opened up a strange manu and read the description afterwards. I think this might be the end of the world... in which my neophyte deck works :(

4RM3D;n7288710 said:
So what happens once you reach level 100? No more rewards?

Side note: ST got nerfed hard :(

yes... just noticed Aelirenn got nerfed as well. Since Dragoon no longer spawns neos it doesn't concern me much yet, but at least my neodeck is useless for the moment. Looks like I'm gonna have to craft isengrim at last

I think I have to rework some decks before playing matches again ^^

Last edited:
NO Issiues with 0.8.33... for now

The patch seems to be working decently... for now. Still don't get the Priestess' crap going on but.. nerfs don't feel like nerfs and buffs don't feel like buffs. So, good job (again, for now) on bringing on 20 cards and not ruining it right away.

Aelirenn is totally useless now (and with Isengrim nerf she's more complex to trigger as well), I don't think anyone would want a 6 points silver card which does nothing (especially in Scoia when most of silver cards are really useful).

IMHO Mardroeme is too OP for common bronze card. It's like situative combine of global thunderbolt and global manticore venom.
Same things to Dimeritium shacles - it may be well against NR golden strategy, but it's strenght reset looks too OP. Also it's just bronze unlike to Dimeritium Bomb (which you can have only one per deck).
But may be Dimeritium shackles is counter play to Mardroeme? IDK

I may be a noob in this game, but it feels like Skellige got nerved and Nekkar decks got boosted even more??
The Wild Bear was one of my two counters to breed/spawn decks....did I get it right, that the bear is useless now(in this case)? My only other counter is this "3 damage to all in the row card"....and if I don't get that card I loose....to be fair I would need two of that card.

I'm excited for the rank system....I hope to get more balanced opponents now:)

Legendary15;n7289920 said:
Why the hard nerf to Scoia'tael?

They destroy the strategie from the OP, but in general that are only some little nerfs. And some big buffs to Scoie. I think only SK is hit realy hard with this patch.

shdcs1975;n7290040 said:
They destroy the strategie from the OP, but in general that are only some little nerfs. And some big buffs to Scoie. I think only SK is hit realy hard with this patch.

Isengrim/Aglais/Aelirenn nerfs aren't small.

I fall in love with some of the new cards and i am in love with the animation of the leader cards. Also finaly ranked. CD Projekt, you are awnsome, keep the great work. You got my 100% support

Guest 3973540

Morenn easily wins the contest for the most useless legendary card ever. 7str silver with some never-used ability. Or am I missing something?

xiong2mao;n7291130 said:
Morenn easily wins the contest for the most useless legendary card ever. 7str silver with some never-used ability. Or am I missing something?

It depends of the mode they come late. I Hope for a Tournament mode and this is a very good choice for a sideboard.
There are other more useless legendary cards.

Top Bottom