Patch 0.8.33 -- out now!

+
shdcs1975;n7290040 said:
They destroy the strategie from the OP, but in general that are only some little nerfs. And some big buffs to Scoie. I think only SK is hit realy hard with this patch.
Do they? The Priestess chain is still there?

Also, Kayran adds to the base strength for the round only!!! When you Renew it, it's 8 again... unlike some other card, sorry 3 cards... in some other deck.

HenryGrosmont;n7291400 said:
Do they? The Priestess chain is still there?

Also, Kayran adds to the base strength for the round only!!! When you Renew it, it's 8 again... unlike some other card, sorry 3 cards... in some other deck.

Look at the Discard that is not only a strategies, that is a basic from SK.

Guest 3973540

shdcs1975;n7291330 said:
It depends of the mode they come late. I Hope for a Tournament mode and this is a very good choice for a sideboard.
There are other more useless legendary cards.

For example, which ones? My "favorite" before the patch was Ragh Nah Rogh.

You mean an Ambush deck would be good for a Tournament? Even if good (I like to experiment a lot, too, and will try it out), I doubt it will be frequent.

matrizza;n7289720 said:
IMHO Mardroeme is too OP for common bronze card. It's like situative combine of global thunderbolt and global manticore venom.
Same things to Dimeritium shacles - it may be well against NR golden strategy, but it's strenght reset looks too OP. Also it's just bronze unlike to Dimeritium Bomb (which you can have only one per deck).
But may be Dimeritium shackles is counter play to Mardroeme? IDK

Sorry, guys. I have read "units" on Mardroeme card XD I thought it buffs/debuffs ALL units on the battlefield.

Mmm i can't seem to be able to log in (EU here), it says that the manteinence should conclude at 3 PM CET and when i attempt to login it says to check my internet connection (which works otherwise i wouldn't be able post here). What's happening?

What happen to skellige coral ability? I think as par previous live twitch she is moving cards to her row but now she is spawning fog / rain on opp. side? any ways I like the new ability more :)

The changes to Frightener would have been fine if you guys made him Bronze while you were at it.
As a Silver slot: he's no good for tempo like that. You want to play him really early, except he's really vulnerable, so you want other units down first, but you also want Specials in your graveyard before he's worth risking in play. But since the climb is slow and constant: you also want him retained by the faction ability, which means you don't want your other units at the end of the round. . . . It's a mess. He can be good as it, but it's so damned iffy and needy. He requires a couple of sub-optimal plays in order to work, and only does when my opponent isn't running any removal.. . .which is rare.

If I could Rally him out first turn. . . now that's looking a little better. Throwing them out more freely increases their usefulness as removal magnets.
As is: they take way too long.

I dropped Frightener for Manticore in the deck I was running him in; if that tells you guys anything about how that change worked out.

Last edited:
Yup, basically Hawker Support seems more useful than Frightener right now. A change was to be expected, however considering that for the devs it's not an issue that bronze Skirmishers easily hit numbers around 19 I wonder if it would not have been enough to simple reduce the special cards gain of this silver unit from 3 to 2 and stick with the original concept. In most cases then we'd have similiar numbers as Skirmishers.

But yes, with timer Frightener needs to grow faster.

In general it is a pretty good patch though.

Last edited:
devivre;n7297380 said:
Yup, basically Hawker Support seems more useful than Frightener right now. A change was to be expected, however considering that for the devs it's not an issue that bronze Skirmishers easily hit numbers around 19 I wonder if it would not have been enough to simple reduce the special cards gain of this silver unit from 3 to 2 and stick with the original concept. In most cases then we'd have similiar numbers as Skirmishers.

But yes, with timer Frightener needs to grow faster.

In general it is a pretty good patch though.

Honestly: as he was wasn't really that bad when you start considering how many card slots you had to dedicate to Specials for him to actually be as strong as a lot of other silver units.
On his own: he'd top out at 35, but consistently land for around 29, which is a little high for a single unit, maybe, but also consider that that's only if you're running less than eight units in that entire deck. I think that number should have looked more consistently like 22 playing around the same strategy.

Though, fairness of the change aside, I don't like the timer mechanic on him at all and would rather he did something entirely different upon hitting play if the old effect was determined imba.

In general: most of the changes seemed fine. Dandilion is a little better (but still crap). Aglais is better (pulling from your opponent's graveyard was bullshit and you know it), Nekkers are way different but seem like you can build around them now, and I'm surprised at what happened with Skelliga; seems like the wrong stuff got nerfed, but Morkvarg decks are cool now.

TH3WITCH3R;n7294570 said:
What happen to skellige coral ability? I think as par previous live twitch she is moving cards to her row but now she is spawning fog / rain on opp. side? any ways I like the new ability more :)

I'm conflicted on that one. The new one is easier to use and stronger right now, but we lost a fun ability in the long run. I liked the idea of moving row freely on your side.

Zefyris;n7298640 said:
I'm conflicted on that one. The new one is easier to use and stronger right now, but we lost a fun ability in the long run. I liked the idea of moving row freely on your side.

That's true but If I calculate current coral ability is more useful & versatile then moving card one. we can use it with new bronze Mardroeme + pirate or light longships. In other case moved cards are only looks good for horn but they are no more immune to weather. I mean pirates on siege row are not immune to rain so for me current coral power is great for long run too.

s1eepy;n7297970 said:
Honestly: as he was wasn't really that bad when you start considering how many card slots you had to dedicate to Specials for him to actually be as strong as a lot of other silver units.
On his own: he'd top out at 35, but consistently land for around 29, which is a little high for a single unit, maybe, but also consider that that's only if you're running less than eight units in that entire deck. I think that number should have looked more consistently like 22 playing around the same strategy.

Yeah but I'm not complaining about the fact that he is changed - that was necessary (just as necessary as a change is for Skirmishers IMO). I'm only struggling a bit with the how :).

Aside from that, I was running 13 units in my deck and it still was easily possible to get him to 20-29 and still play more flexible.

Burza46;n7284470 said:
Sigrdrifa's passive ability will only be triggered by your own resurrections.

I've seen Sigrdrifa get boosted by opponent's rezzes (including foglets spawning from the graveyard). I'm not sure if that's really a problem though, but it hasn't been changed as described

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan the scoia nerfs...

most of the control neophyte strategies were weakened, i used to love the way fireballs worked before, we kinda lost the anti-swarm strats it could provide with added back turn mind game added.

Top Bottom