GWENT Closed Beta Status Update

+
Hey guys - new to the waitlist (coming from POE, where I playtested through multiple betas before launch). How populated is the closed beta? The forums seem pretty thin at the moment, but I'm assuming there's a CB-only forum that others can't see.

Looking forward to playing Gwent soon!

4RM3D;n8369340 said:
On the other hand, do you really want an open beta when the game is still not balanced enough? I am guessing at least one more major patch is coming before open beta.
What is "enough"? There will always be something to balance. At the moment, the game seems stagnant and I don't think that an update with just a few cards or some fixes will change the situation. Mainly, because of the fact that ranked season is way too long. Mmr system that was fine when not so many players reached rank 15 is showing its deficiencies right now. But it's not just that, it's the feeling overall.

hirokietsuko;n8155610 said:
What about the steam version? I want to play it on steam, will I be able to get my rewards there?

this is something i've been wondering.

obviously the game is tied to the account you made to login, which in my case is tied to my steam account and my gog account ... but I'd like to hear it from the devs that the accounts are the same regardless of the medium which you use to login.

ingway;n8377270 said:
this is something i've been wondering.

obviously the game is tied to the account you made to login, which in my case is tied to my steam account and my gog account ... but I'd like to hear it from the devs that the accounts are the same regardless of the medium which you use to login.
It will be available on Steam, of course. I'm pretty sure it's not cross-played, meaning GOG will remain GOG and you'll have to open a new account on Steam.

Oh, speaking of stagnation... have you seen latest youtubers' videos. Boring stuff like .my favorite cards". Lmao

It's Time!

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n8377840 said:
It will be available on Steam, of course. I'm pretty sure it's not cross-played, meaning GOG will remain GOG and you'll have to open a new account on Steam.
It's Time!

I know it will be on steam, I'm just worried about anything here carrying over to my Steam account. Do you have anything concrete to base your answer on ... like a dev post? Not that I don't trust you ... I just take your information with the same kind of passing indifference that I do anyone's opinion of things they're not intrinsically involved in.

What I mean is, I signed up with my primary email account - which is connected to multiple game platforms.

Is their default distribution platform inexorably connected to said account, or are those credentials credible on any platform?

I really only ask because it's the only thing that's kept me from purchasing cards - if i knew they were going to be there on my preferred platform, then I'm good to go. If not then I'm just going to save my cash for launch.

Purely my opinion (as there are no opinions that are facts):

1) would love to see more balancing first, not massive strategic changes but little tweaks doen with more urgenciy to balance the niceties of it all. Imagine monster deck cards that do not drop, spawn, eat, and drop weather all at once...that would be wild to see.

2) I do not want the game to go to OB and still crash as much as it is now....that would not make me happy since I have already bought kegs. The games technical issues need to be fixed soon.

3) I like the reset of all cards, but it would be cool if beta folks got some sort of special drop in the fist 3-5 cards, some sort of guarentee that we would hit high end silver and gold card choices on our early drops. Perhaps a 24 hour head start on all the others and that day would have increased probablility of great card drops. Knowing this reset was coming I have milled cars I liked in order to test other cards, I would not be happy if I then was stuck with those cards. I think part of our beta duty is to test....I know many feel it is to play the same Monster deck over and over....some say twomato, I say tomado.

Cheers

Burza46;n7627510 said:
That’s why we need to reset everyone’s card collection (fear not — we’ll give you back all the Kegs you purchased with real money!) and game progress (player level, Ore and Scraps).

What does it mean to return Ore? Does it mean that i'll get all Ore I've spent buying Kegs?

vorant94;n8384550 said:
and what will be if i don't spend Ore?

It doesn't matter; everything is reset. You'll lose the ore, scraps, kegs, cards, levels, ranks... everything, except the real money spent.

Hello everyone, I'm brand new here... Has the game gone from closed beta to open beta yet? just want to know if a reset is still coming. Thanks

MikeytheGunner12;n8387480 said:
Hello everyone, I'm brand new here... Has the game gone from closed beta to open beta yet? just want to know if a reset is still coming. Thanks

The game is still in closed beta (so the reset hasn't happened yet). Keep an eye out in the news section for more information about the release of open beta. There is no official date yet.

4RM3D;n8387570 said:
The game is still in closed beta (so the reset hasn't happened yet). Keep an eye out in the news section for more information about the release of open beta. There is no official date yet.

Thank you for letting me know! Much appreciated.

No Title

4RM3D;n8386610 said:
It doesn't matter; everything is reset. You'll lose the ore, scraps, kegs, cards, levels, ranks... everything, except the real money spent.

What? You also get kegs for levels and ranks, so that is why some people get to rank 15 and then just make a new account because playing on an old one is quite pointless.

Attachments

• photo129770.jpg
    photo129770.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 62
Teplokot;n8388540 said:
What? You also get kegs for levels and ranks, so that is why some people get to rank 15 and then just make a new account because playing on an old one is quite pointless.

Yes, this is mentioned by the OP. Everything is still reset and then you'll get some rewards based on your performance. The latter was not directly relevant to the answer of vorant94's question. Though, for completeness' sake I could have mentioned it.

ingway;n8378250 said:
I know it will be on steam, I'm just worried about anything here carrying over to my Steam account. Do you have anything concrete to base your answer on ... like a dev post? Not that I don't trust you ... I just take your information with the same kind of passing indifference that I do anyone's opinion of things they're not intrinsically involved in.

What I mean is, I signed up with my primary email account - which is connected to multiple game platforms.

Is their default distribution platform inexorably connected to said account, or are those credentials credible on any platform?

I really only ask because it's the only thing that's kept me from purchasing cards - if i knew they were going to be there on my preferred platform, then I'm good to go. If not then I'm just going to save my cash for launch.

Well, this is a good question because I use diferents email in GOG and Steam , so if Gwent auto-connect with Steam's email it will be a diferent account (2 diferents emails , 2 diferents accounts ,right?)

Last edited:
That's why asked early in this thread that on what basis cdpr is going to give season rewards to players? as..

- Cdpr never told about rewards after rank patch introduced & till opening this thread as per I know.

- Before introducing Rank patch where cdpr resets all player levels they don't give any rewards to high level players then why now ?

- After new patch some strategies goes strong then others & I am sure many players reach high with those strategies like...
i] Roach + Olgierd Buff/Promote ii] PFI iii] Hensalt Gold iv] SK Discard & may be more then on what basis you are judging players skills ?

- There are so many players actually played too many games but on low rank where few game played player is on top, May be he is skilled but what if someone just use so called op strategies to reach top ?

So my kind suggestion to cdpr that don't give any season rearwards as this is closed beta as this is so unfair with current unbalanced game & changing many strategies with every patch or just distribute rewards equally in all players or reward only more kegs as giving unique reward for closed beta season with so many changes & considering above all points it's not fair by any way imo.... Thanks.

I applied for beta access and I didn't get any access. I'm Schizophrenic and I spent more than 200 US Dollars on HEARTHSTONE, another card collectible game. I don't earn any money because of Schizophrenia + Obsessive Compulsive Disorder + Depression ( Co-morbid conditions ). I closed my first and second HEARTHSTONE accounts and want to close third and last, only account.

I want to play GWENT.

I don't know if this is against rules, I developed learning disorder as this is ( Schizophrenia ) a neuro-degenerative disease and I couldn't read forum rules.

Hello GWENT, can you please give me a key to start playing this game?

I'm frequently checking my email since the day I signedup for GWENT and didn't receive any key.

Please allow me to play this game.

HEARTHSTONE is not for me.

I want to giveup HEARTHSTONE and play GWENT.

Thanks and please excuse me if I broke any rules.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom