x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

  • Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWENT Closed Beta Status Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • That's why asked early in this thread that on what basis cdpr is going to give season rewards to players? as..

    - Cdpr never told about rewards after rank patch introduced & till opening this thread as per I know.

    - Before introducing Rank patch where cdpr resets all player levels they don't give any rewards to high level players then why now ?

    - After new patch some strategies goes strong then others & I am sure many players reach high with those strategies like...
    i] Roach + Olgierd Buff/Promote ii] PFI iii] Hensalt Gold iv] SK Discard & may be more then on what basis you are judging players skills ?

    - There are so many players actually played too many games but on low rank where few game played player is on top, May be he is skilled but what if someone just use so called op strategies to reach top ?

    So my kind suggestion to cdpr that don't give any season rearwards as this is closed beta as this is so unfair with current unbalanced game & changing many strategies with every patch or just distribute rewards equally in all players or reward only more kegs as giving unique reward for closed beta season with so many changes & considering above all points it's not fair by any way imo.... Thanks.
    I totally agree with you. If there is advantage and disadvantage game going on, it will be more and more frustrating playing the game. I want to give up playing HEARTHSTONE only because it's totally a game where the guys with advantage farm the benefits, all of them.

    Comment


    • The number of total unique cards + the allowable duplicates for bronze needs to be roughly the same otherwise this isn't going to work. So if someone has 205 cards after milling their dupes, they should be able to have close to that after opening all their kegs after the closed beta ends. Anything else is just pissing on your testers.

      Comment


      • Can we have an announcement of OB starting timely a week before - to throw a party milling all golden cards and playing like its hot?! LEt us say to swap the "mains" from NG/Monsters to Squirrels/SK?

        Comment


        • I have really love this game, so much I even bought kegs (I spent money on a beta!!!)

          That said, can we have some kind of a real status update. There are a lot of things that have been broken since I started playing and do not seem to be on any agenda to resolve. It makes me feel like this game is only "sort of" under-development.

          Should we not expect many fixes going on every week? Not total new patches but fixes to make the game more stable, to make the ranking system improve (last night I beat a guy 5 levels above me and got 9 points and then lost 73 points to a guy two levels above me....that kind of stuff), and of course the many card glitch issues. Many of the same broken issues when I started are still broken, or dare I say more broken?

          These type of maintenance issues ought to be getting addressed with much more frequency instead of just going on and on.....yes???

          In any event, Could we get an update from a dev as to what we might expect, their strategic plan, something to set a level of expectations to testers and to paying testers?

          Not salty, I just think it makes sense since I love the game and want to see it succeed. Yes, bring on OB soon, but maybe some more fixes as we go forward?

          Cheers!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Danchou View Post
            How can you call this fair without even knowing End of Season rewards?
            I'm a bit disappointed tbh. the "equal grounds" argument doesn't really hold, since anyone who just pays 200$ on day 1 of open beta will still have more of a headstart then people would have by keeping their collection now.
            Marcin_Momot it would be kinda neat if you would give the amount of kegs someone could get for his money spent, so e.g. people who paid 70$, even if one only bought 2-keg packs and the other bought 60-keg pack get the same return.

            Now
            It's a tactic so that they can make more money off you. Think about it, if you were allowed to carry your collection over, why would you spend more money on kegs? It's a nice gimmick, but no one should support the idea of people losing their collections after they've been playing so long to earn all the cards. In what world does giving them kegs which result in multiple dupes and not nearly enough mill scraps to mill the cards they needed to complete their collection viewed as a positive?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by God_of_Eredin View Post

              It's a tactic so that they can make more money off you. Think about it, if you were allowed to carry your collection over, why would you spend more money on kegs? It's a nice gimmick, but no one should support the idea of people losing their collections after they've been playing so long to earn all the cards. In what world does giving them kegs which result in multiple dupes and not nearly enough mill scraps to mill the cards they needed to complete their collection viewed as a positive?
              Well, you signed up for a closed beta knowing it was still a testing ground. You knew all along you were not playing the final version of the game. You collected your cards in a vastly different environment than those who start with the open beta, so one could argue just as well: How would it be fair if you just got to keep your collection that you earned under different circumstances?

              Seeing that they wouldn't have needed to give us anything after the switch to open beta and the wipe, it is nice that we're getting some kind of headstart, and rewards for participating in the closed beta.

              Also, why is it always seen as a bad thing that game developers are actually trying to make money off their games? Without them making money off it, there would be no game, and they wouldn't be able to pay their empoyees. You're getting a F2P game with optional in-game purchases, and you're still annoyed at them for daring to be a company and not a charity? They put in the work and the investment, they deserve to get a return off their work.
              Last edited by MirotheDragon; 22-04-17, 12:43.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MirotheDragon View Post
                Also, why is it always seen as a bad thing that game developers are actually trying to make money off their games? Without them making money off it, there would be no game, and they wouldn't be able to pay their empoyees. You're getting a F2P game with optional in-game purchases, and you're still annoyed at them for daring to be a company and not a charity? They put in the work and the investment, they deserve to get a return off their work.
                Of course F2P is a generally bad thing. In the good old days of gaming there was no such thing. You would pay one time a decent amount of cash and you would get the whole game.

                There are worse things in this world though. You are not forced to play on after the closed beta.

                Comment




                • Free too play in a nutshell: guy who is holding Top 5 right now is not able to pass rank 10 for two days on his f2p account. All he faces is endless chain of pay to play smurfs and twinks. Now imagine how a new player would fare.

                  Which reminds me that I actually forgot when was the last time i've seen a newcomer. A typical game in casual against an unranked level 10 account looks like a final round of some Passiflora championship.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MirotheDragon View Post

                    Well, you signed up for a closed beta knowing it was still a testing ground. You knew all along you were not playing the final version of the game. You collected your cards in a vastly different environment than those who start with the open beta, so one could argue just as well: How would it be fair if you just got to keep your collection that you earned under different circumstances?

                    Seeing that they wouldn't have needed to give us anything after the switch to open beta and the wipe, it is nice that we're getting some kind of headstart, and rewards for participating in the closed beta.

                    Also, why is it always seen as a bad thing that game developers are actually trying to make money off their games? Without them making money off it, there would be no game, and they wouldn't be able to pay their empoyees. You're getting a F2P game with optional in-game purchases, and you're still annoyed at them for daring to be a company and not a charity? They put in the work and the investment, they deserve to get a return off their work.
                    Yes, we signed up for a closed beta that is setup to have the option to PAY MONEY to test the game. If the devs are going to charge for kegs in the open beta, and you wind up getting a full collection of cards between buying kegs and playing, you've already supported the game and have paid for it at least twice over. Why should you have to go back and rebuild a collection that you already paid for? Any way you try to spin it, you're not going to be able to justify to people that already paid money to play a beta that they have to pay again to get the same experience. No one is complaining about paying for kegs initially to support them, what is being said is that you shouldn't have to pay twice. Give the people the value of their cards in scrap for what cost to CRAFT them, not MILL them... not kegs. Giving kegs results in them having to pay double to a company they already supported when the real game isn't even out yet! I admit, your attempt to spin it was admirable, but no one in their right mind wants kegs over craft scrap value per card. Reward beta customers for taking the time to play the beta, give feedback, and PAY for the kegs in the beta. Don't piss on them by making them pay twice over to complete a collection they already completed.

                    Unfair for new player to go up against players with complete collections? Too bad, quit complaining and PAY for kegs like beta testers did. Keeping their collections is commonplace as they tested the game that you are able to enjoy. There is no way to spin or to try and justify pissing on the beta testers, and anything short of them keeping their cards is exactly that.
                    Last edited by God_of_Eredin; 22-04-17, 18:53.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by God_of_Eredin View Post

                      Yes, we signed up for a closed beta that is setup to have the option to PAY MONEY to test the game. If the devs are going to charge for kegs in the open beta, and you wind up getting a full collection of cards between buying kegs and playing, you've already supported the game and have paid for it at least twice over. Why should you have to go back and rebuild a collection that you already paid for? Any way you try to spin it, you're not going to be able to justify to people that already paid money to play a beta that they have to pay again to get the same experience. No one is complaining about paying for kegs initially to support them, what is being said is that you shouldn't have to pay twice. Give the people the value of their cards in scrap for what cost to CRAFT them, not MILL them... not kegs. Giving kegs results in them having to pay double to a company they already supported when the real game isn't even out yet! I admit, your attempt to spin it was admirable, but no one in their right mind wants kegs over craft scrap value per card. Reward customers for taking the time to play the beta, give feedback, and PAY for kegs. Don't punish them by making them pay twice over to complete a collection they already completed. Unfair for new player to go up against players with complete collections? Too bad, quit complaining and PAY for kegs like they did and actually support the devs instead of trying to point fingers at yourself.
                      Well, from what I've seen, it's been known for a while now that you'll get the number of kegs you paid for in real money, but otherwise, everything's wiped clean when open beta starts. If you bought those kegs in closed beta thinking you'd be able to stomp everyone with a superior deck once open beta starts, that's on you, not on CDProjectRed. If you spent money on closed-beta content before knowing whether it'd carry over to open beta, that's a risk you took. If you spent money on it after it was known how it would carry over and still complain now, that's...well...don't enter a contract if you're not happy with the terms. And no, they're not making you "pay twice". You get your money's value in kegs back. Since drops are random, you might even get better drops this time around, or you might get worse drops, but either way, that's the risk of buying something with random content. The unfair part towards new players was regarding the fact that someone who bought kegs early in closed beta might have had different drop chances than the kegs in open beta, not regardint the fact that someone who invests money into this game will start with more cards.

                      Comment


                      • I know it's entirely my fault not reading the forums first but I stopped playing after I saw the open beta rewards.
                        Since I'm not currently going to buy kegs with real money I would get very little for grinding more.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by God_of_Eredin View Post
                          Keeping their collections is commonplace as they tested the game that you are able to enjoy.
                          ???
                          I've been in hearthstone, tes legends and eternal CB and all of them made a collection reset once the game goes to OB. Just like gwent. And don't complain, because at least CDPR gives you nice goodies for being in CB even if you did not spent money. Hearthstone for example gave you nothing, only golden gelbin mekkatorque if you purchased with real money during CB.

                          Comment


                          • As of now I should have 235 kegs to open when they switch to Open Beta.............hope that's enough to fill my inventory. Right now I have 284/294 possible cards

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gr8horned1 View Post
                              As of now I should have 235 kegs to open when they switch to Open Beta.............hope that's enough to fill my inventory. Right now I have 284/294 possible cards
                              I don't think it will be enough but I hope you are right.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DMaster2 View Post
                                ???
                                I've been in hearthstone, tes legends and eternal CB and all of them made a collection reset once the game goes to OB. Just like gwent. And don't complain, because at least CDPR gives you nice goodies for being in CB even if you did not spent money. Hearthstone for example gave you nothing, only golden gelbin mekkatorque if you purchased with real money during CB.
                                So because the people that made those games are not correct in their handling of open beta, CDPR should follow them like a sheep? No... this is CDPR, makers of witcher 3.... they don't have to follow in the footsteps of lesser devs like the ones you mentioned.
                                Last edited by God_of_Eredin; 22-04-17, 23:27.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X