Hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

+
Cerys to 10 should be ok.
Bran Nerf is dumb.

You haven't touched big problem of the patch. Weather Monsters will run rampant. Too many good Weather Immune/Spawn weather monsters on top of hard to remove weather. Imho Monsters look strongest faction after patch with multiple viable decks.

Why do CDPR always go too far with things? Cards like axemen, crones, vran + nekkers got double buffed and no one cares about them. However, queensguard discard deck has just gotten like 4 nerfs? And don't forget the elven mercenaries getting double nerfed, mushrooms + PFI both nerfed etc. Just go slowly, ok? If it's powerful and played a lot does not mean that you have to completely kill it. Way too often only one buff/nerf to a card would totally suffice...

RickMelethron;n7718630 said:
cerys at 10 and draig at +2(relentless) would have been enough to bring the deck down... taking 2 extra strength from cerys and king bran went too far.

Exactly.

Which pretty much proves the poster's original point...But do allow me to reiterate in a kinder, gentler manner.

Reading through much of the criticism here, I think that there is a tone of, "This affects me personally" when as a team, we all need to be looking at how changes like this affect the game in general. If you object to the way a card is altered after testing it, then you should stop playing it. The devs will see the frequency of deck themes and make adjustments accordingly.

The original post is less than a few hours old. Let's test the changes for a day or two, and then cite specific instances where the change may be good or bad, in videos or screen shots. I think that is a more constructive use of our time.

Let's just wait for the big Axeman/Savage Bear/Harald nerf in the next 48 hours so Skellige can return to its place.

Well, To me all Balance are always for good (i´m sure they don´t make them for free...)

Thx CDPR for all the effort and work :)

Cerys nerf, in my opinion, is too big, better fix wounding and buff NG a bit because i feel that there are no competetive NG decks out there :(

No Title

Since yesterday i cant play :(

Attachments

• photo108700.jpg
    photo108700.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 72
frbfree;n7719580 said:
If you object to the way a card is altered after testing it, then you should stop playing it. The devs will see the frequency of deck themes and make adjustments accordingly.

the fundamental flaws with this statement are pretty obvious; the changes were announced for weeks, and we got an official patch notes with them. 48 hours later, there were three nerfs to the same deck... a deck that wasn't even so powerful to begin with, even in its own faction...

not to mention the fact that they don't give "refunds" for nerfed cards... so this is the scenario some people might find themselves in:
see that the deck is becoming viable on the next patch, eagerly wait for the release of said patch, craft the cards they lacked (a lot of which were epics and legendaries) then have the deck nerfed to the ground and all those scraps have gone to waste... now they have to "just stop playing" that deck in hopes that the devs will think it's not being represented enough and deserves another buff...

i'd say it's much more effective to point out the exaggeration of the nerfs, as everyone is doing, and expecting them to bring the deck back up withing the next couple of days - and addressing the real issue: the damage deck.

i loved playing queensguard, but now that it got wrecked, i'm playing the damage deck... and i have 2-0d four games in a row just by dumping stuff on the board and watching my numbers go up.

RickMelethron;n7721690 said:
not to mention the fact that they don't give "refunds" for nerfed cards...

I would have agreed with that in the past if not for the fact a wipe/reset is happening anyhow. So it doesn't matter anymore, unless the devs pull the same stun in the final release.

RickMelethron;n7721690 said:
not to mention the fact that they don't give "refunds" for nerfed cards... so this is the scenario some people might find themselves in:
see that the deck is becoming viable on the next patch, eagerly wait for the release of said patch, craft the cards they lacked (a lot of which were epics and legendaries) then have the deck nerfed to the ground and all those scraps have gone to waste... now they have to "just stop playing" that deck in hopes that the devs will think it's not being represented enough and deserves another buff...

This was exactly my case. I've waste 1600 scraps getting the cerys deck. All gone now.

I haven't even seen a Bran and/or Cerys deck
Yes as people say, please "hotfix" the Axeman. My NR deck can sometimes beat Axeman deck but it was too close and too frustrated.

Hi everyone, I really feel this hotfix is a mistake. I've tried playing a few matches and the Cerys deck is actually way worse than it was before the nilfgaard patch. Not trying to complain, I'm just leaving my feedback based on my experiences. I feel like Yennefer is still too strong since after a few turns she starts hitting all your units but none of the enemies anymore. Her base power was not really the problem.

I realize my suggestions will have little impact but here they are anyways:

Put Cerys back at 12
King Bran back to +2 per discard
Draig Bon Dhu is good at relentless and +2, but remove fleeting, It undermines the usefulness of Sigrdrifa when there are so few silvers to res.

For Yennefer I have to suggest either making it so she can only ever hit 1 unit at a time or bring back the mechanic of also hitting friendly units. Her base strength was OK at 7, it's her ability that needs tweaking.

These are my thoughts as a Ceys deck player from before nilfgaard patch, thank you for reading !

chvalo;n7721290 said:
Since yesterday i cant play :(

That's because you didn't update. It happened to me when i tried the game for The first time and there was already a new patch...
check your GOG version. Click on "More" (on the right of "Play") and then clics on "Update". that should solve The problem:)

i hope it will help

el_Bosco;n7722270 said:
This was exactly my case. I've waste 1600 scraps getting the cerys deck. All gone now.

Feel you bro. Have made Cerys and animated Bran just as I understood that this archetype is viable. Lost all of it. Thanks, Blizzard.

But seriously, CDPR, please speak to people. This was really unnecessary, and it only makes things worse.

I know balancing is really tough and I wish you guys the best of luck.

I hope you guys will adress spying units for other factions other than Nilfgaard as well as Philippa and Ciaran which seem to be pretty dead now.

I also hope Nilfgaard will be balanced so it will be better in the meta. For one, I hope it will revolve less on RNG and more on tactics. For example, it would be more viable for the Nilfgaardian knight to allow you which card to reveal rather than it being random. I am personally not a big fan of randomness in card games, but then again maybe it's just me being salty that Nilfgaard isn't so good. (Again, just personal opinion so far, really wish you guys the best at balancing, I know it's really hard)

Best of luck guys!

Ouch. Just started playing Cerys/Queensguard because I could effectively use Bran and Draig. Tough day for that SK deck. Guess I'll have to put together a Nilfgaard deck or two and give them a whirl.

Thanks to all at CDPR. Gwent is the best.

While I do agree that the Hotfix seemed unnecessary, I hate it when people cry about not getting their scraps back in CLOSED BETA. Let's be realistic - what we do here is FOR the devs and by crafting new cards and testing them that's us who can give them any idea which cards need tweaking. We won't get the scraps after the wipe anyway so it doesn't seem to be that bad now, unless you just milled your entire collection for that deck alone, though.

I started to create counter-decks against this archetype already and it only made me sad that it was discarded so early. I saw it as a great alternative to wound deck and although I never played it myself I had 2 tactics to counter it on my mind; all gone now because devs decided it's "too stronk". Too bad they didn't hotfix mercenaries like that last patch.

Top Bottom