Hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

+
rvonlin;n7756520 said:

Of course it's not that simple, i'm actually answering to your arguments, i have hundreds of games as SK QG, you're not gonna discover their weaknesses for me. Playing casual at this moment as QG isn't gonna end well, cause more than half of your games will be vs NG, and Vicovaro Medics entirely shut down the archetype by themselves(i complained about that in some other threads, because a bronze card shutting down an entyre archetype isn't healthy for the game), i also agree that there are too many ways to handle enemy graveyard currently, however, there aren't many ways to deal with QG decks apart from denying them from GY, unless you're really unlucky with draws(or play your cards poorly) and even that can be prevented to some point now that you can have access to your whole core with new Bran's ability and Djenge Frett. If that was free of risk the deck would be pretty much unstoppable. The deck is really hard to deal with if you got no tools to deal with his GY, that's why i think the nerf is justified, having a 15 Gold you can get snowballing from turn 1 and potentially replay every turn was just too much. Then you could argue there's a middle ground between 8 and 12, that's another story.
Of course you're free to have a different opinion, but i have played the deck too much to change mine, and excuse me, but i don't think a 5 games' sample isn't enough to form an opinion.
I'm not gonna defend the usage of Draig(although i think it still is close to a must-have for QG decks) or Operator either, since that was just one of my many tests and, of course, they're not part of the core.
And i'm glad you're not offended, wasn't my intention at all.

I ll write my 2 dime from other point of view, the one you haven't considered at all.. Opponent side.
I play monsters and I m in rank 10, close to eleven. Not completely noob. The consume deck is changing meta and without ghoul around you have only to fear katakan, played in 50% of consume deck. Speaking in general, caretaker can just steal your cyris.. But you can play around it.. Kinda easy. If you lose first round u have to win the second and the third. It 's very easy to deny caretaker to take her. Against Nilfgard the only chance they have is vicovaro medic.. Radovid is a cancer.. Nothing to say. An average NR deck won t ( generally) disturb your game play. Skellige is a problem just for ambushes ( played more often nowadays) because you can simply overwhelming them. Against weather.. U have not more problem than other decks..
Despite all, I am pretty convinced that the nerf was too much.. They can nerf the bard.. They can beef bran.. Or cerys or QG.. But not all this together

TheWalkingHawking;n7757110 said:
[...]
I'm not gonna defend the usage of Draig(although i think it still is close to a must-have for QG decks) or Operator either, since that was just one of my many tests and, of course, they're not part of the core.
[...]

I used to run Draig in my QG deck but now I find him way too clunky because you can't put him in the grave via discard. He's now totally incompatible with Donar, Birna, Restore and Sigrdrifa. Perhaps if the Fleeting keyword allowed discards to enter the graveyard and only acted on cards leaving play instead, it would be better?

I agree that Draig should be played once in a game, and whatever mechanics that are in place to that end are fine. However as a silver card in a Skellige deck, it's just more livable to filter him into the grave and use sigrdrifa or restore on him once to get him out the first time (we have so few worthwhile silvers to really res as it is, too, but that's JUST my opinion).

I also feel like currently, the way things are, Geralt and 3 raiders is stronger and more reliable than Cerys and 3 QG. This is only speaking in the context of a King Bran deck. Being able to discard 2 Raiders from the deck OR your hand, bring them directly into play, not care if they get stolen from grave afterwards, and have them proc pirate captains and war longships is really strong. As for Cerys, if you don't get all 3 QG out on first turn, she will likely only be at 11~13 by third round, so having any 12 point gold at that point will do the same job. Keep in mind all this may very well be the intention of the devs.

I hope this post is not taken as a complaint, I am just giving my feedback as I see it right now.

kaeru

Last edited:
kaeru21;n7763370 said:
I used to run Draig in my QG deck but now I find him way too clunky because you can't put him in the grave via discard. He's now totally incompatible with Donar, Birna, Restore and Sigrdrifa. Perhaps if the Fleeting keyword allowed discards to enter the graveyard and only acted on cards leaving play instead, it would be better?

I agree that Draig should be played once in a game, and whatever mechanics that are in place to that end are fine. However as a silver card in a Skellige deck, it's just more livable to filter him into the grave and use sigrdrifa or restore on him once to get him out the first time (we have so few worthwhile silvers to really res as it is, too, but that's JUST my opinion).

I also feel like currently, the way things are, Geralt and 3 raiders is stronger and more reliable than Cerys and 3 QG. This is only speaking in the context of a King Bran deck. Being able to discard 2 Raiders from the deck OR your hand, bring them directly into play, not care if they get stolen from grave afterwards, and have them proc pirate captains and war longships is really strong. As for Cerys, if you don't get all 3 QG out on first turn, she will likely only be at 11~13 by third round, so having any 12 point gold at that point will do the same job. Keep in mind all this may very well be the intention of the devs.

I hope this post is not taken as a complaint, I am just giving my feedback as I see it right now.

kaeru

Wait, If you discard Draig he will banish? I didn't test it but it should work like discarding decoy, if you didn't use decoy on something it will wait in graveyard, for example if Scoia used last wish and discard decoy you can still use it later with Aglais, doesn't it work the same with Draig?

Yea, currently if you put Draig in with say Donar or Birna Bran, he will vanish into the ether. I assume all fleeting cards will do that now.

In other news (concerning Axeman):
1.JPG

End of the coming month? So again, CDPR will leave a broken mechanic on the table for weeks before fixing it, just as they did with PFI and ST before the last patch?... Cmon...

el_Bosco;n7776100 said:
End of the coming month? So again, CDPR will leave a broken mechanic on the table for weeks before fixing it, just as they did with PFI and ST before the last patch?... Cmon...

I am pretty sure it says end of the coming week, not month.

Top Bottom