GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Update is Now Live!

+
I find this change to weather positive. Because let us face this, at the existence of double-weather cards combined with weather-spawning cards...the bronze weather cards were not used at all. Now weather style will either use double-weather cards for choice and re-consider bronze weather cards once again.

el_Bosco;n7831020 said:
So silver weather cards are again irrelevant, as they can be nulified by a bronze card. And Draig Bon Duh was buffed after being nerfed 2 weeks ago.

I seriously cant understand how such important changes can be made successively without thinking about the consequences and following through.

Feels like CDPR are navigating on sight, manoeuvring the ship as the wind blows without a solid plan in the long run.

To me it feels like they are playing whack-a-mole with the meta. When something strong shows up they will nerf it so drastically that it becomes pointless, something not seeing play - lets make it FOTM and push it into essential status. That makes for a constantly changing meta and never leads to actual balance, if the game was actually balanced then all cards would be viable all the time but that is clearly not the case.

True balance is bad for business though. If they made it so that every patch introduces a new card that becomes "must have" you're going to need to spend a lot of money on kegs to get the 30 scraps a piece to buy it to remain relevant on the ladder.

I'd wager that it being Closed Beta is the reason that they are tipping the balance scales so drastically all the time, that they are trying to spotlight cards so that bugs can emerge and they can be dealt with in kind, should this balancing mentality continue into open release however the game will ultimately be a thinly veiled pay to remain relevant 'game'.

XanderThd;n7831480 said:
I concur. Plus the 3 silver weather cards though obviously nerfed don't mill for the full scrap price even though this should have been the correct course of action at this point.
Tbh I'm currently wary to craft some new cards because I don't know if they will end being useful or not.
Yes I am aware this is a CB and changes are bound to happen but some form of compensation should have been implemented. By not doing this is how you pave the way to losing customers in the long run.

Well none of it that really matters anyway as they are wiping your entire collection, it baffles me that they don't just address the problem at its core, the weather system itself.

Nilfgaard is fucking OP now.
  • Morvran Voorhis will not shuffle the deck after using his ability.
So they get to see every upcoming card, neat!

Last edited:
Cramer was buffed, not nerfed, right? He now sets units at the end of the round as well as at the end of the turn. 1 turn timer is added because... well, he does trigger every turn.

Guest 3973540

Mangonel (6str, -2 for any revealed card) is way better than NR ballista. Gold units appear more rarely even with Promote or Henselt, while NG card revealing occurs with friendly fat 11str knights and 7str alchemists, etc. Old Mangonel was a very potent card worth an instant remove if seen on the opp side. Please come up with smth else to buff Emhyr if at all.

Worse still, Mangonel easily tops the legendary silver Nithral.

Otherwise I like the changes.

el_Bosco;n7831020 said:
So silver weather cards are again irrelevant, as they can be nulified by a bronze card. And Draig Bon Duh was buffed after being nerfed 2 weeks ago.

I seriously cant understand how such important changes can be made successively without thinking about the consequences and following through.

Feels like CDPR are navigating on sight, manoeuvring the ship as the wind blows without a solid plan in the long run.

(sorry about the selfquote)

The same train of thought can be applied to the nerf to Crones. 2 weeks ago they had a unjustified buff. Now the necessary buff.

It just feels amateurish. Couldnt they plan the effects of the buff?

I really liked this game a lot but I really got bored and did not make any worthwhile changes that are only damaging the cards and do not worry about the real problem ...
If you play ranking is a problem because if you win do not give you anything of experience and if they give you it is 12, 9, 25 but if you lose you do not lose 89 ....
The other problem is Scoia'tael as this mass can decide that in all rounds the opponent is first win or lose this is a waste because it would be logical to have the advantage of more than one card ......... .
But of course this for them is not important in order to luck with their game

el_Bosco;n7831020 said:

does the concept of "close beta" means anything to you..?

I completely agree to disagre with a total nerf of double-weather silvers and I think they should add an option to it, maybe even Clear Skies to make it viable for many decks and to make it different from Aeromancy...

RickMelethron;n7832730 said:
does the concept of "close beta" means anything to you..?

So is it standard procedure in a closed beta to just change stuff without thinking on the consequences just to be nerfed again 48h or 2 weeks later?

For me, this is a sign of lack of planning, foresight and a global plan for the game in the long run.

Consume monsters a little nerfed, Axeman deck obbiously nerfed, weather decks nerfed ... Where are Radovid???

Btw, we will lose our games by a freaking cow.

el_Bosco;n7832940 said:
So is it standard procedure in a closed beta to just change stuff without thinking on the consequences just to be nerfed again 48h or 2 weeks later?

the standard procedure is to test things and see the result. and that's the whole point of a closed beta: there are no consequences.

I am unimpressed that the update comes without warning, come on guys at leat a couple day would be appreciated.

el_Bosco;n7832940 said:

For me, this is a sign of lack of planning, foresight and a global plan for the game in the long run.
And for me is a sign of courage and make changes to see if they works. I'd rather have them make small changes until they hit the jackpot rather than the hearthstone route where it takes 4 months to nerf obvious broken cards and often enough the nerfs aren't even reasonable.

Top Bottom