GWENT Closed Beta registrations ending soon

+
GWENT Closed Beta registrations ending soon

Registrations for the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game will shut down this weekend. The game will remain active for everyone who redeemed their invite before, or during the weekend.

Gamers can still join the Closed Beta by signing up on playgwent.com.

“Throughout Closed Beta, we’ve reworked and added a huge amount of features and mechanics to GWENT. Balance changes, numerous tweaks of how cards work and how the game flows; additional cards, a new faction and ranked play — it was an amazing ride and GWENT’s community was with us all the way,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD PROJEKT RED. “I’d like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the hours invested,” added Lee.

The end of Closed Beta registrations is part of the preparations for the open phase of GWENT’s beta. More information regarding this next stage will be revealed next week.

The upcoming weekend will also play host to GWENT Challenger tournament finals. On May 13th at 3PM CEST, the winners of GWENT Challenger community qualifiers: Vishra, Fion56, Oikumena, ProNeo will compete with professional gamers: Jeffrey “Trump” Shih, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy, Peter “ppd” Dager, and Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji for a piece of the $100,000 prize pool.

The event will be hosted by Maude Garret and ESL’s Joshua Gray with match commentary by community favorites, MegaMogwai and McBeard.

The finals of GWENT Challenger will be streamed live on CD PROJEKT RED’s Twitch channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Open beta soon, can't wait. I think i'll watch the tourney, as long i don't get unexpected stuff to do this saturday.

DMaster2;n8509690 said:
Open beta soon, can't wait. I think i'll watch the tourney, as long i don't get unexpected stuff to do this saturday.

Good to hear. The tournament should be really exciting. :)

Like i've been saying... its good news, despite absurdly late.

I hope CDPR can get its communication politic sorted out for the open beta because in the closed beta things didnt live up to the expectations.

el_Bosco;n8510560 said:
Like i've been saying... its good news, despite absurdly late.

I hope CDPR can get its communication politic sorted out for the open beta because in the closed beta things didnt live up to the expectations.

is it possible your expectations are to high? Really the devs have a right to release info when and how much they want to not when players demand it.

Look around the foruns and reddit. You'll see plenty of topics/posts with the same general feeling: the PR on the CB was terrible. The stream fail of a couple of months ago, the lack of info on updates, revealing info on the challenger 3 days before. I just dont think its normal. We were expecting more from a company we love.

NovaBlast;n8511500 said:
is it possible your expectations are to high? Really the devs have a right to release info when and how much they want to not when players demand it.

If the PR strategy was to create hype by the news blackout and lack of updates then it's just fair to point out that it didn't work. The devs can be grateful that there a number of great youtubers and active community on discord. To me they have carried the game since i joined beta and kept my interest up, otherwise i would have forgotten about it already. I really didn't feel much motivation to play because to me it's pointless to grind for something that gets wiped anyway. More updates, different things to test and play around with would have been a different story.

Haven't really had time to play much in the closed beta, but this should be an interesting watch (ESL though, really?), though I'm personally more interested in details on the release date and the single player campaign in particular. Need something to scratch that Witcher storytelling itch and Cyberpunk doesn't exactly seem to be coming out very soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom