Schirru

+
4RM3D;n7345870 said:
You get one for free once you've reached level 20.

If he's low level, I'm not sure that waiting for one of the best cards until you reach lvl 20 is a good idea.

plmjk why Morenn? If you're going to counter opponents' ST traps, you'll gain strength. Then Schirru will scorch her. Besides, she herself is too unreliable imo.

Morenn is pretty important here, not only in ST mirrors but sometimes the opp may pass while you have some unrevealed ambush cards , if you want to win the round Morren gives you some big STR bonus .
BTW, plmjk , i don't think Schirru stops Dagon, that is not considered as playing a special card, it's an ability ( just like Water Hag and others)

HenryGrosmont;n7349230 said:
If he's low level, I'm not sure that waiting for one of the best cards until you reach lvl 20 is a good idea.

plmjk why Morenn? If you're going to counter opponents' ST traps, you'll gain strength. Then Schirru will scorch her. Besides, she herself is too unreliable imo.

I use morenn for my own traps. of course she is good in the scoia mirror, but she is usefull for swings on passes, baiting out a pass with traps is relatively easy, and then you can make up a lot of points. something scoia decks lack.

ThePrody;n7349430 said:
Morenn is pretty important here, not only in ST mirrors but sometimes the opp may pass while you have some unrevealed ambush cards , if you want to win the round Morren gives you some big STR bonus .
BTW, plmjk , i don't think Schirru stops Dagon, that is not considered as playing a special card, it's an ability ( just like Water Hag and others)

dagon plays a special card, so yeah, i know that shirru works against him. tried it out.

i feel that should be changed though, your leader card should be able to be played whenever you wish.

EDit

one more tip zhiphius you can use schirru to actually bait out a special card. because your opponent is more likely going to suspect its a fireball trap.
so they will be more inclined to use a special card.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n7349230 said:
New players IMO shouldn't waste 800 scraps on a card your going to get for free anyway, it's a much better idea spending those scraps on 4 epics or any other legendary. I'm new myself and after finding out you get a free one crafting it seems pointless

plmjk;n7351040 said:
I use morenn for my own traps. of course she is good in the scoia mirror, but she is usefull for swings on passes, baiting out a pass with traps is relatively easy, and then you can make up a lot of points. something scoia decks lack.
Wait a second. When you use her on your own traps, what side suffers?
Tamacountry13;n7354830 said:
New players IMO shouldn't waste 800 scraps on a card your going to get for free anyway, it's a much better idea spending those scraps on 4 epics or any other legendary. I'm new myself and after finding out you get a free one crafting it seems pointless
But they definitely should. In my opinion, Decoy is the card that will get you from 10 to 20 much faster than anything else.
Again, my subjective opinion...

HenryGrosmont;n7359850 said:

But they definitely should. In my opinion, Decoy is the card that will get you from 10 to 20 much faster than anything else.
Again, my subjective opinion...
Decoy is only useful if you have something worth using it on, there's no real point using it on Fiend's and stuff. Would rather craft Shani, Woodland Spirit it Geralt Aard, they have more immediate impact over a Decoy on a meh card.

Tamacountry13;n7361220 said:
Decoy is only useful if you have something worth using it on, there's no real point using it on Fiend's and stuff.

While Decoy works best against cards that have a trigger ability, it doesn't mean Decoy is useless in other situations. For example, if you know you are going to lose a round, you can Decoy a good card for next round. It's not the most ideal usage, but still nice. Also, with the amount of spies being played, having a Decoy in hand is quite nice.

HenryGrosmont;n7359850 said:

You play morenn and as long as there is a trap to destroy she goes up to 11 strength.

the only 'negative' is that you just destroyed a trap before it was activated. doesn't matter as it is 1 or 2 strength. and i'll only do it if i feel the trap has served its purpose or they have passed.
or... they play my own traps against me via decoy or medic, that alone has lost me a few games.

Oh, and one more tip @zhiphius, if you ever come round to crafting or getting from a keg, Villentretenmerth, schirru is PERFECT accompaniment with him, although radovid can still deal with him.

You would want to play Villentretenmerth a bit different though. wait for your opponent to have high strength units first (don't play him a s a deterrent first). play schirru, then play Villentretenmerth, and schirru acts as a protection for Villentretenmerth, so if your opponent tries counters such as D-shacke, swallow potion (to buff your own units), promote, etc...
you can then get up to 3 scorches in one go. because your opponent will most likely save their Villentretenmerth counter just before he activates.

(the few exceptions being radovid, kaedweni sergeant, and multiple gold wounding cards)

Last edited:
Tamacountry13;n7361220 said:
Decoy is only useful if you have something worth using it on, there's no real point using it on Fiend's and stuff. Would rather craft Shani, Woodland Spirit it Geralt Aard, they have more immediate impact over a Decoy on a meh card.
Decoy isn't just "only useful". I think that decoy is the most useful card.
Can give you card advantage, steal spies, re-play your own card, the possibilities are numerous.
plmjk;n7361460 said:
You play morenn and as long as there is a trap to destroy she goes up to 11 strength.

the only 'negative' is that you just destroyed a trap before it was activated.
Thank you. That's what I wanted to know: does it activate the trap of just destroys it face down...

HenryGrosmont;n7364820 said:
Decoy isn't just "only useful". I think that decoy is the most useful card.
Can give you card advantage, steal spies, re-play your own card, the possibilities are numerous.

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know: does it activate the trap of just destroys it face down...

it's just destroyed, and put into the graveyard.

Top Bottom