Milva shouldn't work the way it does

+
Milva shouldn't work the way it does

If you pass and your opponent plays Milva, you won't be able to replay the card. It's skyrocket the value of a card that doesn't really need it.

Thanks to fix it.

nestalim;n7497660 said:
If you pass and your opponent plays Milva, you won't be able to replay the card. It's skyrocket the value of a card that doesn't really need it.

Thanks to fix it.

You need to have 2 card advantage to do it, just don't let Scoia get that much. Or spread your STR, and not bump one unit so much.

I don't think that Milva needs any changing.
I've been Milvad before a couple of times like that, last turn, I pass, the opponents got 1 card left, and yes It's Milva, and it's a loss for me, but i don't mind the loss because of that.
But i don't mind the card's "trick", it's nice and a matter of timing and tactics, as KasumiGoto has said
KasumiGoto;n7497700 said:
spread your STR, and not bump one unit so much.
Many cards have their general purpose but also "tricks" like these(e.g using king bran when you have 1 card left)

If you change milva to not return the cards to passed players then she will still be used for more card advantage. you get a card back, your opponent does not.

right now the problem is not milva directly, but the fact that she is used as a final play, that feels almost uncounterable, is more because ST can gain a lot of card advantage very easily. and they can thin their deck a lot to ensure they have her each time.

Yes, IMO Milva definitely needs a change (the card in general is awesome but not when it is used after the opponent has passed). I think after the opponent has passed her ability should be disabled. That would solve the problem and she's still a 8 strength gold card which isn't too shabby.

But still Monsters will need one or two more cards that can give them card advantage. Otherwise it's too much disadvantage right now.

Gwent is a game of bluffing and tactics - So Milva is just the best card for tactic and/or bluffing. I think she don't need any change- but a counterpart in the other factions. So the bluff and tactic style of Gwent stands

Damn, I do that all the time with Milva... am I cheap? :p

I don't think it needs changed. It's no worse than playing a weather card or Phillipa (I think that's her name, the NR card that reduces a whole row to 1s) or a whole host of other board changing cards as the last card.
And it only really works in certain circumstances (you have the last card, your opponent has just a small strength advantage or a single massively powered up card and you don't have a card with too many buffs as your strongest).
I haven't been on the receiving end of it.. but while I'm sure it's annoying I don't think it's over powered.

People that thinks it doesn't need a change should stop play ST and be biaised like this.

For real, a card that give STR, CA and Scorch your opponent on it's last turn is broken, those are facts for God's sake.

Milva is not a problem. It's ST ability to generate lots of card advantage which is a problem. Milva is a swing card, just like Geralt: Igni, Commanders Horn, Aeromancy and so on. Any of these cards can create huge swings if played uncontested, and that's just the way Gwent works. Milva is a very cool and interestingly designed card, which when played in the right deck, at the right time, on the right board, can generate a lot of value. Which is really cool. Milva is not the problem. ST's huge amount of card advantage generators and deck thinning capabilities is the problem here :)

Please don't change Milva. She has been this way since launch and is a well balanced card currently IMO. If the Scoia'tael player got a 2 card advantage on the opponent, he or she earned the play. In saving her for the end, the player is taking a risk by not taking spies or other cards that are played earlier in the match.

Rawls;n7498840 said:
Please don't change Milva. She has been this way since launch and is a well balanced card currently IMO. If the Scoia'tael player got a 2 card advantage on the opponent, he or she earned the play. In saving her for the end, the player is taking a risk by not taking spies or other cards that are played earlier in the match.

This ! Every faction has its strength. Monster can spam weather, NR is making gold out of cheese and Skellige is in a lot of ways weather resistance ( imo the weakest faction atm ). Card thinning is ST ability. They have very low card strength and have to play with wit and tactic.

Rawls;n7498840 said:

" well balanced card"?
let us dissect Milva value:
10 points for the scorch- a silver effect
7 str points
8 value for returning a card to your hand- i consider Milva's decoy inferior to the true decoy because the player can not choose which card to return.
Milva is a 25 value gold, on the worst case scenario, more than twice the average gold value.

" earned the play"?

Like in putting on board an ambush card that the opponent can not hit to get card advantage, combined with the faction ability to choose who will begin, and the only spy that hits the enemy AND draws a card?
Total skill and ability on the ST player part!

Show me a ST deck among the top 50 without Milva+Ciaran+Yaevinn and will grant that the 1 card advantage necessary for Milva to work unopposed has come from player skill and not card OP. I doubt there are decks among the top 300 without at least 2 of these 3 cards.

Any one of these cards can be changed to balance this , without resorting to this "earned the play" lame excuse:

Ciaran enters revelead instead of ambush.
Yaevinn removes 1 STR from creature on the row.
The opponent has the right to replay the cards that returned to the hand on the last round.

How does Milva scorch and have 10 points then ?? O_O Silver effect - 7 str points ? O_O All effect at once 25 value gold card ??? O_O

geok1ng;n7499260 said:
" well balanced card"?
let us dissect Milva value: Milva is a 25 value gold, on the worst case scenario, more than twice the average gold value.

The math is a little off. But besides that, Milva is not your only concern when the last card is being played. A properly placed D-bomb, weather (heck, go Ragnarok) and other such cards. Some have an even greater effect. The reason Milva is strong is because she can be used in a lot of different ways. Playing her as the last card isn't always possible and doesn't always guarantee you actually gain anything from it.

geok1ng;n7499260 said:
" well balanced card"?
let us dissect Milva value:
10 points for the scorch- a silver effect
7 str points
8 value for returning a card to your hand- i consider Milva's decoy inferior to the true decoy because the player can not choose which card to return.
Milva is a 25 value gold, on the worst case scenario, more than twice the average gold value.

" earned the play"?

Like in putting on board an ambush card that the opponent can not hit to get card advantage, combined with the faction ability to choose who will begin, and the only spy that hits the enemy AND draws a card?
Total skill and ability on the ST player part!

Show me a ST deck among the top 50 without Milva+Ciaran+Yaevinn and will grant that the 1 card advantage necessary for Milva to work unopposed has come from player skill and not card OP. I doubt there are decks among the top 300 without at least 2 of these 3 cards.

Any one of these cards can be changed to balance this , without resorting to this "earned the play" lame excuse:

Ciaran enters revelead instead of ambush.
Yaevinn removes 1 STR from creature on the row.
The opponent has the right to replay the cards that returned to the hand on the last round.

apparently you are criticising the entire ST faction here so let me say some things in regards to your comment,and in regards to ST rant threads in general.

first,ST's faction ability is the only one that can be used for only 1 turn.NR's is actve through the entire game,SK's and monster's iis active for 2 rounds.if the devs want to nerf it,be my guest,but as long as it is usable for a single turn,it is supposed to be stronger than the other ones.

milvas ability is a double edged sword.theres no scorch and decoy effect,there is a double decoy effect.the opponent still has the opportunity,if he hasnt passed,to play the card returned to him(or her).
ciaran is the real OP card of ST,since its a faction specific ciri.of course it is a pretty much dead,4 strength card,if you lose the first round and havent played her,so the counterplay to her is to push for a round 1 win against it without sacrificing too much card advantage.(still i agree it may be an overpowered card right now).

yaevinn is the factions only spy.the 2 damage nerf you propose wont do much,since most of the time the card is played in synergy with weather.moreover,its the spy card with the most strength,and i dont think i need to say more,the card is fine as it is.

as for other cards people whine about,they seem to forget that decoy,last,wish and other such cards that give card advantage are mostly neutral and can be played by everyone,or can be counterplayed(like the rant about nature's gift and decoy,people forget that you can also play a spell in between decoy and nature's gift).

lastly,i really dont understand why people whine about ST's deck thinning potential.its not like the other factions dont have ways to thin their decks.the weakest in this part of the game seem to be the monsters faction,and they can be buffed a bit,but both SK and NR have multiple ways to thin their deck.

Milva is very strong but she has her counterplay

the ability doesnt need a change but she could use some strength shoving, 8 strength is too much for a ST card with such utility

pl91;n7499950 said:
apparently you are criticising the entire ST faction here so let me say some things in regards to your comment,and in regards to ST rant threads in general.

first,ST's faction ability is the only one that can be used for only 1 turn.NR's is actve through the entire game,SK's and monster's iis active for 2 rounds.if the devs want to nerf it,be my guest,but as long as it is usable for a single turn,it is supposed to be stronger than the other ones.

milvas ability is a double edged sword.theres no scorch and decoy effect,there is a double decoy effect.the opponent still has the opportunity,if he hasnt passed,to play the card returned to him(or her).
ciaran is the real OP card of ST,since its a faction specific ciri.of course it is a pretty much dead,4 strength card,if you lose the first round and havent played her,so the counterplay to her is to push for a round 1 win against it without sacrificing too much card advantage.(still i agree it may be an overpowered card right now).

yaevinn is the factions only spy.the 2 damage nerf you propose wont do much,since most of the time the card is played in synergy with weather.moreover,its the spy card with the most strength,and i dont think i need to say more,the card is fine as it is.

as for other cards people whine about,they seem to forget that decoy,last,wish and other such cards that give card advantage are mostly neutral and can be played by everyone,or can be counterplayed(like the rant about nature's gift and decoy,people forget that you can also play a spell in between decoy and nature's gift).

lastly,i really dont understand why people whine about ST's deck thinning potential.its not like the other factions dont have ways to thin their decks.the weakest in this part of the game seem to be the monsters faction,and they can be buffed a bit,but both SK and NR have multiple ways to thin their deck.

I like that type of answer, the most BS that you always saw on forum when someone try to defend tooth and nails the brokeness of his faction.

Is there anybody here that is naive enough to clearly think that ST won't be nerfed at the next patch ?

Last edited:
nestalim;n7500180 said:
I like that type of answer, the most BS that you always saw on forum when someone try to defend tooth and nails that brokeness of his faction.

Is there anybody here that is naive enough to clearly think that ST won't be nerfed at the next patch ?

thats just my opinion,im not forcing it to anyone.if your opinion differs,we can discuss as much as you want.

Top Bottom