Please nerf Pavetta...

+
frbfree;n7798510 said:
I thought Cahir was the definition of unbalanced? I thought Rot Tosser was the definition of unbalanced? I thought Axemen were the definition of unbalanced? I've been watching you brag for a week now about how you're awesome, and you're rank 15, and you have 4000 MMR, yadda yadda yadda.

She can't be that much of a problem for you. Like I said, if everything you posted wasn't sour grapes, it would be easier to consider it. But plenty of people play Pavetta, and they aren't wrecking the game. I don't even play her, and I can defend her.

She's a Silver card that requires 2 Gold cards in your complaint to make her viable. She's a niche. She's not in the most played faction. She's not the most played card in HER OWN faction.

She's a silver card that requires only Shani....

My games often go like this:

Turn 1 - Enemy plays Reaver Hunter -> Temerian Foot Soldier -> Some Ballistas to damage my Mahakem Defenders
I win this round but have to play almost all my cards

Turn 2 - Enemy wins the round because of Villen and I lose whatever reslience units I had left to Pavetta but still win the round but he plays long enough to keep only Shani and force me to play almost all my cards

Turn 3 - His deck will be milled enough to draw only Golds / Spells so he won't kill his own units with Pavetta and he plays those first untill Shani is his last card then plays her for 5 + 8 strength ( both GOLD so unkillable ) and killing all my resilience units or whatever units I got forced to play before he got to his last card.
Then I press Alt - F4 because I'm tilted as fk because of this unbalanced crap

I'm pretty sure you abuse her hard, nobody would bother defending her unbalancedness because shes clearly broken.

Last edited:
Struyk;n7798550 said:
She's a silver card that requires only Shani....

My games often go like this:

Turn 1 - Enemy plays Reaver Hunter -> Temerian Foot Soldier -> Some Ballistas to damage my Mahakem Defenders
I win this round but have to play almost all my cards

Turn 2 - Enemy wins the round because of Villen and I lose whatever reslience units I had left to Pavetta but still win the round but he plays long enough to keep only Shani and force me to play almost all my cards

Turn 3 - His deck will be milled enough to draw only Golds / Spells so he won't kill his own units with Pavetta and he plays those first untill Shani is his last card then plays her for 5 + 8 strength ( both GOLD so unkillable ) and killing all my resilience units or whatever units I got forced to play before he got to his last card.
Then I press Alt - F4 because I'm tilted as fk because of this unbalanced crap

I'm pretty sure you abuse her hard, nobody would bother defending her unbalancedness because shes clearly broken.

In this scenario, you claim to have won rounds one and two. So why are we talking about it?

EDIT - I see I confused your syntax. So, essentially, now in order to lose to Pavetta, he needs SHANI and PAVETTA and VILLEN. So, it is a 2 gold card, 1 Silver combo. And all your opponents play it just like this? Not one guy, one time? ALL OF THEM?

Last edited:
frbfree;n7799110 said:
In this scenario, you claim to have won rounds one and two. So why are we talking about it?

EDIT - I see I confused your syntax. So, essentially, now in order to lose to Pavetta, he needs SHANI and PAVETTA and VILLEN. So, it is a 2 gold card, 1 Silver combo. And all your opponents play it just like this? Not one guy, one time? ALL OF THEM?

I always win first and lose second, 90% of the time because of Villen and sometimes because of D.Bomb or Scorch / Agni

Why would you need Villen to pull off this Pavetta + Shani combo?!

I've never seen anyone play Villen in round 1, sometimes in round 3 when he has too many cards left but never round 1 because of Reaver Hunter and Temerian Foot Soldier
And yes every enemy so far played Shani and Villen, not all played Pavetta because some people think like you XD

i hate her, when other people play her (i dont use her myself) but i think she is a lot of fun and not overpowered at all. previously she was totally useless, now she is just fine

Gemueseknolle;n7799890 said:
i hate her, when other people play her (i dont use her myself) but i think she is a lot of fun and not overpowered at all. previously she was totally useless, now she is just fine

I use her, you actually have to draw all necessary cards to abuse the combo and that is not as easy as you think. There is a solution for you, play Monsters and be rid of her after the second round with their graveyard stealing abilities and you won't have any problems at all. I hate the fact D-Bomb demotes now, but I'm not complaining, even though I think that's over the top. Maybe it should destroy unopened ambush cards too, why not? :wat:

Surla;n7799970 said:
I use her, you actually have to draw all necessary cards to abuse the combo and that is not as easy as you think. There is a solution for you, play Monsters and be rid of her after the second round with their graveyard stealing abilities and you won't have any problems at all. I hate the fact D-Bomb demotes now, but I'm not complaining, even though I think that's over the top. Maybe it should destroy unopened ambush cards too, why not? :wat:

Demote doesn't do anything vs Pavetta... And with ALL necessary cards you mean the single Shani?

Struyk;n7806420 said:
Demote doesn't do anything vs Pavetta... And with ALL necessary cards you mean the single Shani?

That's legitimate use, what I meant was replaying her more than once which I do

Surla;n7807190 said:
That's legitimate use, what I meant was replaying her more than once which I do

We're talking about her being gold and 5 ( Shani ) + 8 strength for 1 card... Not reviving her multiple times because I don't care about her silver version

Only a week ago there were so many people complaining how broken the Axeman was. And now hardly anyone plays Skellige.

I am just saying that if there's one card that seems too strong, just play around it/counter it.

You can steal Pavetta with monsters' cards. You can play NG (Henselt) and have your own gold units. You can have 6+ str units so silver Pavetta kills herself. You can play NG so silver Pavetta kills your spies and have gold units turn 3. Or you can play revival Skellige so she kills priestesses and Sigfrida. That's just several obvious counters.

Esmer;n7808200 said:
Only a week ago there were so many people complaining how broken the Axeman was. And now hardly anyone plays Skellige.

I am just saying that if there's one card that seems too strong, just play around it/counter it.

You can steal Pavetta with monsters' cards. You can play NG (Henselt) and have your own gold units. You can have 6+ str units so silver Pavetta kills herself. You can play NG so silver Pavetta kills your spies and have gold units turn 3. Or you can play revival Skellige so she kills priestesses and Sigfrida. That's just several obvious counters.

Removing her from graveyard is valid, but then you are absorb deck and pavetta counters those hard killing nekkers and nekker warriors
Even if you have 6+ str units then enemy can still play pavetta and kill her own units then revive her to kill your units XD
I'm mainly talking how strong she is vs scoaitael and monsters because of her hard counter to reslience / monster passive and turn 3 strength because of Shani
She's also really strong vs axeman decks because they start with axeman -> bear and then you can revive her round 2 to kill another axeman or multiple axeman ( most likely revived by priest )
Oh and she counters her own deck as well XD First one to play Reaver Hunter -> those 3x 4 strength guys loses the round to pavetta lol

After reading most of the comments I think she should be permanent death and should have a round 1 timer.

Snfonseka;n7809290 said:
After reading most of the comments I think she should be permanent death and should have a round 1 timer.

She would become completely unusable then. She's good as she is now

Surla;n7809920 said:
She would become completely unusable then. She's good as she is now

Yeah double Epidemic in a deck that focuses on winning with gold cards is totally unusable, should make her gold as well I think :S

Struyk;n7810050 said:
Yeah double Epidemic in a deck that focuses on winning with gold cards is totally unusable, should make her gold as well I think :S

I'm packing one more Epidemic to boot, if I need it :victory:

Given what happens to Yen, I think dev will do some nerfing to this card in future. I think they will orobably reduce her strength or add a counter.

Struyk;n7808490 said:
you can revive her round 2 to kill another axeman or multiple axeman ( most likely revived by priest )
Oh and she counters her own deck as well XD First one to play Reaver Hunter -> those 3x 4 strength guys loses the round to pavetta lol

She will first kill priestesses in that case. Even if she kills an axeman (your opponent must be really bad if they have two or more axeman of the same str), you are most likely using gold + silver card to counter 2 bronze cards. Is that OP?

Yes, she counters her own deck, ok. But what are you going to play on the first turns while your opponent plays scouts and foot soldiers? Well, I guess you can play Stannis or some gold cards. But so can your opponent.

Esmer;n7816880 said:
She will first kill priestesses in that case. Even if she kills an axeman (your opponent must be really bad if they have two or more axeman of the same str), you are most likely using gold + silver card to counter 2 bronze cards. Is that OP?

Yes, she counters her own deck, ok. But what are you going to play on the first turns while your opponent plays scouts and foot soldiers? Well, I guess you can play Stannis or some gold cards. But so can your opponent.

You use 1 silver card to counter 1 or more bronze cards ( countering axeman is CRUCIAL ) AND have 6 strength....

Mirror match:
Enemy: Reaver Hunter
You: Gold card or Stennis
Enemy: Scout
You: Pavetta

... So I have been playing Pavetta Decks a bit in the last time and I am not sure anymore that she is OP. First of all the combo that I encounered a few weeks back is not that strong over many games in a row and I had to tweak it a lot with some expensive replacement cards... Radovid was bad, Henselt is better, Reaver hunter is too easily killed and thinning is denied etc.

When you do draw the right combo (Buffed Pavetta, Shani, Renew) you have an easy game against many decks (mostly against NG, ST) but even then some decks are very hard to beat (Monster Weather, Skellige Morkvarg/Olgierd etc. ). All in all I think the card is probably fine as even a perfect draw will lead to a loss in many cases...

Top Bottom