Monster Deck Golden Cards

+
Monster Deck Golden Cards

I'm sure there's plenty of threads debating the overpoweredness of Monster/Weather decks, and while they're certainly a pain to play against (especially Dagon), there's one aspect of the issue in particular that truly baffles me.

Why do some of the Monster Deck's gold cards (Woodland Spirit, Caranthir, etc) have weather immunity?

I mean, they're already gold, giving them weather immunity on top of that is just redundant. To my knowledge, none of the golden cards in other decks have a weather immunity value, so giving that extra privilege/advantage to cards that can already summon weather effects and extra cards seems, to me at least, genuinely unfair.

NatoGreavesy;n7917310 said:
I'm sure there's plenty of threads debating the overpoweredness of Monster/Weather decks, and while they're certainly a pain to play against (especially Dagon), there's one aspect of the issue in particular that truly baffles me.

Why do some of the Monster Deck's gold cards (Woodland Spirit, Caranthir, etc) have weather immunity?

I mean, they're already gold, giving them weather immunity on top of that is just redundant. To my knowledge, none of the golden cards in other decks have a weather immunity value, so giving that extra privilege/advantage to cards that can already summon weather effects and extra cards seems, to me at least, genuinely unfair.

I think they received that when dimeritium shackles were introduced. Now dimeritium bomb also demotes golden cards, so being weak to your own weather is ridiculous. The only other weather immune card I can think of is Boar of the Sea from Skellige.

Burza46;n6983770 said:
Patch 0.8.16 is out now PC and XBOX ONE!

Unit version of Eredin now Silver and immune to Frost.

0.8.25 Monster Faction Changes

Caranthir is now immune to Frost.
Imlerith is now immune to Frost.
Woodland Spirit is now immune to Fog.

As KasumiGoto said, they originally were not WX immune. Eredin became immune when he became Silver (patch 0.8.16) and The rest were changed in 0.8.25 when it was decided that any unit spawning WX would have immunity from that WX (because they can be demoted and it wouldn't make sense if, for example, a Leshen were not Immune to Fog just because he was Silver). So, it's probably easiest to just think that any unit that spawns WX will be WX immune, regardless of color (Silver or Gold - no Bronze spawning units yet).

Top Bottom