How do you deal with cards that stay on the field?

+
How do you deal with cards that stay on the field?

I was supprised when I noticed some cards stay on the field for the next round. My opponent beat my in the first round so I thought I give up this round and beat him in the next round. Well some of his strong ones where not removed and he started with a high number. No way to reach that with only a few cards in my hand.

How do you deal with this?

Atagi;n8113970 said:
I was supprised when I noticed some cards stay on the field for the next round. My opponent beat my in the first round so I thought I give up this round and beat him in the next round. Well some of his strong ones where not removed and he started with a high number. No way to reach that with only a few cards in my hand.

Are you talking about monsters, scoiatel or nilfgaard exactly?

yeah can be very powerful versing monsters, I also try use this tactic with my dwarf scoiatel deck, can be tough for sure, maybe use scorch

Basically the entire meta right now is dominated by "cards that stay on the field": Scoia'tael Dwarves use Mahakam Defender, a Resilient unit (the wooden bar across the bottom and fist emblem on red escutcheon indicates he'll stay on the board) or Adrenaline Rush to keep a strong unit around for one round (typically Hawker Smuggler, a card that gets 1 point stronger every time the opponent plays a unit). Monsters' faction ability keeps their last unit played (non-resilient already, non-token, non-fleeting) so they typically want to play a strong unit before they want to pass, coupled with Nekkers which get placed on the board as they die, including once the round is over, and Skellige which has cards that go to the graveyard but come back on the board like Morkvarg, and the neutral card Olgierd.

To deal with specific examples, to beat Scoia'tael Dwarves, they rely on buffs to make their investment worth it (otherwise they win one round but can't maintain strength for another). Dimeritium Bomb is the best counter to them. You can also use Geralt: Igni to take out the strongest, but smart players will stagger their strength meaning it only hits one, or play a Frost effect very late in the round to negate their strength. D-Bomb, Igni and Frost also work against Nekkers. Another effective strategy is to use Manticore Venom to hit every target of the same type after they use Monster Nest, meaning any Nekkers they added to the bottom of their deck with Nekker Warrior gets put on the field, meaning less available for later rounds. And for Skellige using Morkvarg and Olgierd, if you're Monsters you can consume Olgierd. You can try to pummel Morkvarg, but 9 times out of 10 you won't have enough damage to do so, so you just ignore him.

Atagi;n8113970 said:
As robwarrior said, scorch is fine for one card, also D-Shackles or Dimeritium Bomb removes the buff of a card and lock (Cleaver or Auckes) removes the resilience (property to keep a card in the field).
As for monster ability, try to debuff the last card the opponent plays.

Use Adrenaline Rush (AR) on an opponent's card that has resilience and it will turn the resilience off (meaning they won't come back). Most decks with resilient units won't carry any AR cards as they can use the slot for something else. As said above, locking with Cleaver or Auckes also works.

265feral;n8129160 said:
Use Adrenaline Rush (AR) on an opponent's card that has resilience and it will turn the resilience off

Really? Is that even a thing? I didn't know that. I played a strong/consume deck with two AR for a month and I never saw anyone doing that to my resilient units. (even tho no one has AR in their deck)

panerola;n8116410 said:
As robwarrior said, scorch is fine for one card, also D-Shackles or Dimeritium Bomb removes the buff of a card and lock (Cleaver or Auckes) removes the resilience (property to keep a card in the field).
As for monster ability, try to debuff the last card the opponent plays.

oh debuff last monster played never thought of that

robwarrior;n8137090 said:
oh debuff last monster played never thought of that
Yeah, damage, but don't kill - it'll make the last one played before that stick around with full strength.

Top Bottom