(Letho) Nothing special, just a 288 strength swing with couple cards

+
el_Bosco;n8129320 said:
Care to explain?

I sent in Letho into opponents side and he "ate" 3 axemen with combined strength of 143. I've got DB in hand i'll be using it to demote Letho and after Cahir triggers i get my leader (Calveit) ability and move Letho back to my side of the field. So basically my opponent has a 144 str unit on his side and after couple turns this unit gets on my side, therefore a 144+144 = 288 strength swing.

What you are showing is one of the extreme cases. On average it doesn't happen. I actually miss scenarios like this. In the early days of Gwent you could get an infinite amount of strength in an infinite lasting match. (Actually, the server would crash after reaching a certain amount of strength.) No way you can pull that (the infinity combo) off without the opponent being brain dead. But it was still fun to see.

Anyhow, as for the power swing, a last turn weather effect or D-bomb would have given you the same victory.

I always get nervous when i have to take the gold off of Letho and hope they dont have scorch or d-bomb/shackles ready.

I had a fun scenario last night. It was into the second round and about towards the end they dropped Villentret. I also had the three strongest units at the time. Before his ability kicked in i played Letho and soaked them up. Now the opponent had the next three strongest units.

Sargarth;n8129350 said:
I sent in Letho into opponents side and he "ate" 3 axemen with combined strength of 143. I've got DB in hand i'll be using it to demote Letho and after Cahir triggers i get my leader (Calveit) ability and move Letho back to my side of the field. So basically my opponent has a 144 str unit on his side and after couple turns this unit gets on my side, therefore a 144+144 = 288 strength swing.

dbomb wouldn't reset letho's str?

o look the magic happened. from a user to a mod in a day. teach me your ways senpai
guess you don't need to ask other mods to hide post of other users whose subject is slightly similar to your own anymore.
straight to the shadows

Yep, with right circumstances on the last round i can gain 129 army strength just with 4 cards. But that happens very rarely.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I dont think this is possible anymore, at least not in this way.

I had Letho since day 1 when Nilfgaard arrived, and i explored all ways to capitalize on him.

Since now there's no way to steal spies (that Leader ability was removed, and Treason now just plays a card from bottom of opponent's deck) it cant be done.

However, after you demote a powerful enemy Letho, you can still destroy him with Scorch/Igni or Meeno Coehorn (or however its spelled).

And Letho + Twisted Mirror might still work, which is even sweeter. However it can no longer be done with Yen's Unicorn, which is no longer gold, which was my trademark move...

DRK3;n8745100 said:
I dont think this is possible anymore, at least not in this way.

I had Letho since day 1 when Nilfgaard arrived, and i explored all ways to capitalize on him.

Since now there's no way to steal spies (that Leader ability was removed, and Treason now just plays a card from bottom of opponent's deck) it cant be done.

However, after you demote a powerful enemy Letho, you can still destroy him with Scorch/Igni or Meeno Coehorn (or however its spelled).

And Letho + Twisted Mirror might still work, which is even sweeter. However it can no longer be done with Yen's Unicorn, which is no longer gold, which was my trademark move...

Doesn't NG have a silver which steals 2 spies? bronze spies though i think. :p

DRK3

Forum veteran
zhiphius;n8745250 said:
Doesn't NG have a silver which steals 2 spies? bronze spies though i think. :p

Yea, i think they do, Cahir's father (with a weird name), but like you said, only for bronze units.

Do you know if Twisted Mirror still works on Golds? Probably not, since its not Gold itself anymore, but i would like confirmation.

DRK3;n8745330 said:
Do you know if Twisted Mirror still works on Golds? Probably not, since its not Gold itself anymore, but i would like confirmation.

Only on non-gold cards.

Top Bottom