So... Everything's broken

+
So... Everything's broken

I can't believe this. I loved Gwent in the game, but this is unbelievably bad. Nothing works the way the hint text says it does. Geralt says that if you are winning AFTER YOU PLAY THE CARD, you get another 3 points. THAT NEVER WORKS!!! The cow tosser says that when the carcass explodes, it will take the LOWEST card(s). IT TAKES THE HIGHEST!!! There is no world in which the card doing the exact opposite of what it says it will do is a simple 'bug' or 'oversight'. This is simple English! This is pre-pre-pre alpha, not whatever your calling this hokum.

Err it's the contrary.
Geralt : If you are still losing the round after you play the card, it add 3 points. BNot if you're winning, the card never said that.
The cow carcass takes the lowest on the ROW, not on the whole board. The only way it takes the highest is if there's only the highest-which then is also the weakest- on the row (IE, only one non-gold unit on the row, or several but all at the same str).
So , either your other units were not on the same row, or the other on the row were gold.

Those cards work as intended and the descriptions are correct.

Fascinating since I just played a game with two shield guys at power 8 and one guy power 5. When the timer expired, it took my two shield guys. Other than that, you're exactly right... And, I was looking at the row.

I played Nilfgaard yesterday, and Rot Tossers were working just fine. Are you sure the 5 power wasn't a gold?

I don't think Gwent is more "broken" than it used to be in CB but yeah, judging from the German version the wording in several cases is terrible and really confusing.
Can't say if the English version is much better though.

Nope not at all - the description seems in english and german led to misunderstanding and confusion. I tried both versions and having still problems to get the meaning and hang of it.
( example: Wild Hunt Hound - never does summon Frost. So I guess you must have this card in your deck already. BUT where do I see this ? )

LadyAly;n8651290 said:
( example: Wild Hunt Hound - never does summon Frost. So I guess you must have this card in your deck already. BUT where do I see this ? )

Yeah that annoyed me too, when I tried to built a deck with monster cards.
And yes, you need to have frost cards in your deck for them to summon weather.

LadyAly;n8651290 said:
Nope not at all - the description seems in english and german led to misunderstanding and confusion. I tried both versions and having still problems to get the meaning and hang of it.

Awkward wording, but if it pulled biting frost from nowhere i imagine it would say "Spawn" not "summon". "Summon" points to the fact it has to get Biting Frost from somewhere, aka your deck.

Could say "plays a biting frost from your deck" i guess. But then people would probably complain it had too many words :3

LadyAly;n8651290 said:

errr when you look at a card in your collection, right on top of your mouse cursor, it will actually show small squares that each explain what each keyword (the bolded words) do.

in this case, it will say something like:
Summon: pull a card from your deck

and etc

zhiphius;n8658520 said:
Awkward wording, but if it pulled biting frost from nowhere i imagine it would say "Spawn" not "summon". "Summon" points to the fact it has to get Biting Frost from somewhere, aka your deck.

Could say "plays a biting frost from your deck" i guess. But then people would probably complain it had too many words :3

shroudb;n8659540 said:
errr when you look at a card in your collection, right on top of your mouse cursor, it will actually show small squares that each explain what each keyword (the bolded words) do.

in this case, it will say something like:
Summon: pull a card from your deck

and etc

So does it really need to be pulled from the deck? I've played the hounds before and had them do nothing.

Bones-_-TheGamer;n8728290 said:
So does it really need to be pulled from the deck? I've played the hounds before and had them do nothing.

summon keyword means "played from the deck
spawn keyword means "created from thin air on the battlefield"

so, since hounds summon frost, yes.

all this is visible when you mouseover the card

Bones-_-TheGamer;n8728290 said:

that's exactly how it works.
When a card says "summon unit x", it will try to pull one from your deck. The wild hunt hound will attempt to summon a frost card from your deck, so if you don't have any left, no dice.
Caranthir, on the other hand, will SPAWN a biting frost on a row, meaning the biting frost card will be created from nowhere, then played.

cgidiot;n8738270 said:
that's exactly how it works.
When a card says "summon unit x", it will try to pull one from your deck. The wild hunt hound will attempt to summon a frost card from your deck, so if you don't have any left, no dice.
Caranthir, on the other hand, will SPAWN a biting frost on a row, meaning the biting frost card will be created from nowhere, then played.

thanks for the info, I wondered why the only worked sometimes

DRK3

Forum veteran
Actually, i found a card that the description is nothing like the effect it has. Now when i use it, it confuses the opponent more than me.

Its the Scoiatel bronze (Vrihedd Brigade i think) that says 'promote when you play a weather card' but it actually clears weather from that row and lets you put any unit on that row.

Top Bottom