Neutral Silver Card Recommendations?

+
Neutral Silver Card Recommendations?

So I can now craft a couple of silver cards. I figure as a new player the best way to go may be neutral. To get the most bang for my buck.

Got any suggestions guys? There is a lot of silver cards in the game. I will look over your guys picks as a sort of "starter guide". And then craft what I like.

In order of power and usefulness across all decks:
  1. Skellige Storm
  2. Aeromancy (double Skellige Storm)
  3. Roach
  4. Myrgtabrakke
  5. Alzur's Double–Cross
  6. Operator
  7. Olgierd
But first, you'll have to ask yourself in which deck are you going to put the silver cards. The order might change depending on the answer.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I wouldnt say there's a Neutral silver good for every deck. Maybe Olgierd, as he may provide card advantage.

The Weather silvers are only good if it's a weather deck. Operator is good if you have a bronze unit that is very useful to you and not useful at all to your enemy (most decks do)

Myrgtabrakke is specially good for putting units at same value for a Socrch/Igni/VIllentretenmerth, or for destroying undesired low point units like cow carcasses or firetraps.

Skellige Storm and White Frost seem like a ton of value.

I personally really like Alzur's Double–Cross. Its pretty much a tutor. Seems cool in multiple decks.

Vespuche;n8949410 said:
White Frost

White Frost is not worth it. On paper it looks nice, but in practice it doesn't do as much as you would have hoped compared to Biting Frost (which is bronze) and Skellige Storm.

4RM3D;n8949460 said:
White Frost is not worth it. On paper it looks nice, but in practice it doesn't do as much as you would have hoped compared to Biting Frost (which is bronze) and Skellige Storm.

How bout in Monsters. Nithral is a free card everyone has. Seems good there.

People rarely load the middle row, making white frost weak. Skellige storm is decent if you opponent don't have a gold to put at the far left.. then it is just average. Mirror is a great card if you go with lots of weak units (1 power). To be honest, most good silver are fraction specific, the mage of nearly all fractions are good. The locking one usually are good, beyond that depends on what you are trying to do.

Vespuche;n8949560 said:
How bout in Monsters. Nithral is a free card everyone has. Seems good there.

And sacrifice another silver slot? Nope. Besides, with Monsters you always want the Crones which already take up 3 silver slots.

4RM3D;n8949750 said:
And sacrifice another silver slot? Nope. Besides, with Monsters you always want the Crones which already take up 3 silver slots.

Good point. As a new player I realize I'm not looking at the game at the best level. LOL

operator, adc and roach are cards you can easily fit in over multiple decks. Roach, with the recent nerf doesn't seem good enough imo without some reshuffling like NG and NR can do though.

sarah is also a nice card to have for the simple reason that while she won't be "top pick" in almost any deck, she can easily fit in most decks and unbrick your hand. So, a quality silver for all decks that you don't have the full best-of-best silvers.

myrgtabrakke is like sarah. He's not that good anymore, but he's decent removal that can easily fit in most decks. Current patch buffing a lot of key targets to 6 health instead of 5 brings his value down a bit.

marching orders is a bit worse than adc imo, but still a very nice option since most factions have a core low strength that you can pull for thinning, and in worst case scenario can pull the mage of the faction, which is always welcome.

lastly, ocvist basically forces a high end removal from the opponent, or flat out gives card advantage.

I personally like to use marching order with mage. It will double the chance to get mage when needed but it will cost 2 silvers.

4RM3D;n8949460 said:

White frost is used a lot more then storm now.

MooshieMooshie;n8960110 said:
White frost is used a lot more then storm now.

I have seen White Frost around, but Skellige Storm I encounter a lot more.

MooshieMooshie;n8960190 said:
What decks are running it besides spell focused ones?

You should reverse the question (which incidentally means we can get back on topic). Which decks benefit from White Frost?

First of all, the ranged row isn't used that much (or at all) except with Monster Consume. Most of the time White Frost is just a glorified Biting Frost. The deck that benefits most from it, is probably Skellige Axemen. In other cases, Skellige Storm usually does more damage. Let's look at the numbers:

White Frost hits for 1 per unit.
Skellige Storm hits for 3 then 2 then 1 then 0 per unit.

That means White Frost does more damage when it can hit at least 6 units (of approximate equal strength) or when Axeman or Nithral is on the board. This is excluding the fact that when a Skellige Storm unit dies, it jumps to the next one. So, it depends on the situation which card is the best. Though, most situations favor Skellige Storm.

Problem with SK storm however is that if the opponent puts a gold card at the end of the row, you only get 2 + 1 damage from it. And pretty often there are quite a few units on the board, which is in favour of frost.

But yes, White Frost may not be ideal for every deck.

4RM3D;n8960330 said:
That means White Frost does more damage when it can hit at least 6 units (of approximate equal strength) or when Axeman or Nithral is on the board. This is excluding the fact that when a Skellige Storm unit dies, it jumps to the next one. So, it depends on the situation which card is the best. Though, most situations favor Skellige Storm.

This doesn't take into account that you're very rarely going to get max value from SS. Most people that are relatively high ranked will play around SS by blocking with gold units so you'll only hit maybe 3 damage off storm. There are also enough low health bronze units in the game that you can often deny full value for SS. All of this means you're pretty much reliant on your opponent misplaying in order to get full value out of SS. This will work fine at lower ranks when opponents won't be playing around most cards, but it's not a good strategy for the long run.

4RM3D;n8960330 said:
First of all, the ranged row isn't used that much (or at all)

I'm not sure what you mean here. Every faction currently has ranged units that are auto-included in pretty much every deck. SK has shield maidens, NG has medics, NR has scouts, and trappers being run in the non-spell based ST decks. You're very rarely going to see them not playing some units on the ranged row unless they forgo these really high value cards, which of course is possible.

If we look at what complete decks are running some Monster decks and SK axemen are currently sometimes running white frost, whereas the only deck running SS is ST. The reason I ask what decks you've seen running SS is because I've seen it run maybe a handful of times outside of spell ST. So, if you're crafting with the ultimate goal of playing something similar to one of the more competitive decks white frost seems a lot better. Not only does it fit into two different factions, but the crafts for those decks are generally a bit cheaper and are more versatile than the spell ST crafts. Therefore, I'd say white frost is probably going to end up giving you more value than SS over the long run.

Top Bottom