Help with crafting cards?

+
Help with crafting cards?

Hello guys!
I am new here in forum. I want to ask you for advice. I have already played many games but still I dont have any better cards. I have 2 silver cards at max from each faction and only basic starter gold cards. I havent made any big buying of cards yet and I am lvl 12 now. I want to ask you if you can recommend me some useful cards to buy for a start. I have 1210 of that for crafting, 220 meteorit powder and only 35 iron now for buying kegs. I dont mind about faction. I play for all. Thank you for your answers.

Oski24

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I moved your post to Tactician's Corner as it's own topic.

I would probably craft some neutral golds and silvers first, if you are equally using all factions. Hopefully someone can give you a bit more specific details. Can you give us some general idea of what kind of decks do you like to play?

Sunsibar;n9009190 said:
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I moved your post to Tactician's Corner as it's own topic.

I would probably craft some neutral golds and silvers first, if you are equally using all factions. Hopefully someone can give you a bit more specific details. Can you give us some general idea of what kind of decks do you like to play?

Thank you.
Ok, I try to describe. With Nilfgaard I like spying tactic with its support. With Northern Realms I prefere siege line tactic together with armed troops if possible, so damaging opponent and boosting myself. With Monsters I like consuming and getting some resilience and multiply spiders. Skellige is quiet good I read right now. There is some tactic around that Morqvarq and queens archers plus Hjalmar with lord Undvik and Cambi of course. Hjalborn and Siegdrifa are good too I think. And at the end, ScoiaTel. I like tactics with Elves, ambushes, moving from line to line and archer damaging plus boosting troops and horse riders.
Hope I gave you enough of my point of view here.

Oski24CZ, Czech Republic.

I know it's not the "popular" answer, but if you don;t yet have 3 ea of all of your key Bronze cards; start there. The consistency will really help decks while you save up for more silver and gold cards. If you are bouncing between multiple factions, you may want to lean toward gold Neutral gold cards (as they will work in any deck) and neutral or faction specific silvers. I'll try to add some less obvious choices.

Neutral Golds to consider:
Geralt: Igni - Single Row Scorch, if used right, but can backfire (esp. in 3rd round)
Ciri - can swing card advantage the round you expect to lose.
Renew (may get nerfed soon) - reuse something, when needed (can backfire if no golds are played early)
Yennifer: The Conjuror/Triss: Butterfly Spell - Opposites of each other, depending on if you prefer a buff or damage archtype
Regis: Higher Vampire - can remove a key bronze from opponent's deck, solid body

Silvers to consider:

Neutral:
Alzur's Double Cross - Build your deck with one (or two) clear targets, and you can have an extra way of getting a key card (such as Nennekke in NR)
Olgeird - Keeps coming back, can be good in Base STR buff strategies
Summoning Circle - very underrated (IMO) as you can gain access to out-of-faction abilities. Example: Stealing a Clan Tuirseach Skirmisher with Vivovaro (so the SK opponent can't res) in one round, then copying their Priestess to res your stolen skirmisher in the last round...

Monster:
Frightener - Move out of Weather (or other danger - or to consume another row) and get a card.
Giant Toad - Consume from hand and draw. Also great with things like Olgierd, or just to replace something that won't be useful on the field.

Nilfgaard:
Cynthia - Great first round, first turn card. Often comes down with 12-14 STR.
Fake Ciri - The Spy. If opponent doesn't answer her early, you are likely to get the round.

Northern Realms:
Prince Stennis - He'll eat removal often; but for opponent's that don't realize it and kill him quick, he can get out of hand in a machine deck.
Reinforcement - Get the tech you need. Now.

Scoia'tel:
Braenn - if you like boosting cards in hand, she can be harsh after some buffs.
Toruviel - Many opponent;s will see this coming, but the "math" can be difficult to know what yo uneed to win, especially as units move in and out of her row.

Skellige:
Champion of Champions - Underrated Skellige. Especially great against weather, as he'll absorb more damage then a late-round Mardroeme returns all that nice base STR buff he was getting (but you never saw because of the weather)
Sigrdrifa - All around good Skellige resurrection.

Hi. I suggest to focus on one faction and craft cards for that specific faction until you have a competitive deck.

Think about what deck you want to main first and then it'll be much easier to recommend something.

Thanks guys for these suggestions so far. I guess I try some neutral for beginning and will continue with Nilfgaard SPY later. What do you personaly use and consider for the best?

Well. Since you choose NG Spies my recommendation would be:

Silvers:

First to craft:
  • Joachim de Wett
  • Auckes
  • Cantarella

After that:
  • Peter Saar Gwynleve
  • Vanhemar
  • Assire var Anahid ( only with Roach )

Golds:
  • Rainfarn

Optional Golds ( depend on your playstyle ):
  • Vilgefortz
  • Tibor
  • Menno Coehoorn

Neutral Silvers:
  • Decoy
  • Roach ( only with Ciri )
  • D-Bomb ( not 100% sure though )

Neutral Golds:
  • Ciri ( but after nerf she's not that great anymore and if you still want to try to gain card advantage you need Roach )
  • Geralt Igni

Since you have too few scraps i suggest to focus on silvers first.

May you never taste the Skellige's Glory !!!

:cheers:

Last edited:
nunqmuo;n9014530 said:
Well. Since you choose NG Spies my recommendation would be:

Silvers:

First to craft:
  • Joachim de Wett
  • Auckes
  • Cantarella

After that:
  • Peter Saar Gwynleve
  • Vanhemar
  • Assire var Anahid ( only with Roach )

Golds:
  • Rainfarn

Optional Golds ( depend on your playstyle ):
  • Vilgefortz
  • Tibor
  • Menno Coehoorn

Neutral Silvers:
  • Decoy
  • Roach ( only with Ciri )
  • D-Bomb ( not 100% sure though )

Neutral Golds:
  • Ciri ( but after nerf she's not that great anymore and if you still want to try to gain card advantage you need Roach )
  • Geralt Igni

Since you have too few scraps i suggest to focus on silvers first.

May you never taste the Skellige's Glory !!!

:cheers:

Yes, thank you for it. I see it similar. I have already bought some of these cards. What about other fractions? NR, ST, Monsters nad Skellige? Any other suggestions? From anybody? Thanks for answers.

Oski24CZ;n9021440 said:
Yes, thank you for it. I see it similar. I have already bought some of these cards. What about other fractions? NR, ST, Monsters nad Skellige? Any other suggestions? From anybody? Thanks for answers.

Im just gonna post cards worth looking at in no particular order for other faction and then you decide for yourself.

Any of the Skellige Cards !!! :huh:

On a serious note.

Neutral:
  • Renew (until fixed)
  • The Witchers (faction dependent)
  • Gigni
  • Decoy
  • Operator (deck dependent)
  • Bekkers Twisted Mirror

Monsters:
  • Celaeno Harpy
  • WH Hound (deck thinning + guaranteed damage)
  • Succubus
  • Caranthir
  • Crones
  • Frightener (combined with Succubus)

Nothern Realms:
  • Dandelion
  • Philippa Eilhart
  • Margarita Laux-Antille
  • Dethmold
  • Keira Metz

Nilfgaard:
  • Vilgefortz
  • Vattier de Redeaux
  • Cahir
  • Joachim de Wett
  • Vanhemar
  • Bonhart
  • Cynthia
  • Rainfarn
  • Assire var Anahid

Scoiatael:

Foggetaboutit:scold:

Skellige:

Dont craft any cards right now because many of them probably will be nerfed in the next patch.

nunqmuo;n9022910 said:
The Witchers (faction dependent)

On a side note, when it comes to Witchers, Crones and other "sets" that need more than one card to be effective; unless you have scrap to spare it is usually a goodidea to wait until you have gotten one or 2 cards from kegs then craft the last card only.

Hi guys. I see patch mixed again a little with ideal playing decks. What is your experience? And what would be the best Nilfgaard deck right now? I know only that there exist some 2 decks. One reveal and one with those spies? Thank you.
Oski24.

Ah, ok. So according to your answer Nilfgaard is not the VERY BEST option to play right know. What is good to play? I am lvl 22 and rank 13. Thanks.

Oski24.

Personally, I would go for faction mages (Vanhemar, Gremist, Ida Emean, Dethmold, Water Hag) and spies (Cantarella, Uldaryk, Yaevinn, Thaler, Frightener). The mages are good utility cards whilst the spies help give card advantage or maintain status quo. Because spies come with high base power, they are also good for preventing your units from getting scorched once you place them down on the opponent's board.

Top Bottom