Monster Deck Strategies

+
I did not play Monster weather for ages but it's basically the same with every unit that spawns copies of it. You wanna play them early to thin your deck. Wild Hunt Riders, Foglets, Temerian Foot soldiers, you name it, play them asap so they are gone and can't be drawn in round 2.

I'm not sure why Griffin can still catch non bronze unit, every bronze reanimator has been nerfed that way, Griffin should follow the rule now.

I usually use a deck based around Nithral's ability! With as much as possible Wild Hunt riders and soldiers, combined with Caranthir's awesome effect and Imlerith and Eredin as well I find it works pretty nicely. Also got some other cards in there though, just so I'm not completely helpless without my Nithral card. What do you think?

I think it is the definitive Wild Hunt monster control archetype, not much to say about it. Only it's too expensive. Nithral alone costs 800 scraps and sits in valuable silver slot. Immlerith is another 800 and sitting in even more valuable golden slot.

and has 6 of strenght... thunders on him
nah.. too many cheese radovid around nowdays
at 10 rank i m facing a lot of radovid control (rank 12-13) and nasty scoiatel.. i'm actually playing 2 thunders, one d-bomb and 1 d-shackles.. only way to contain botkr and jennefer ( and 1 igni, and 1 scorch and nenneke and renew)

i red a lot of complains about monster consume deck.. but after the vran's nerf.. it s hard to deal with some decks.. radovid is everywhere for example

Sunsibar;n7006940 said:
I have that same problem. Really fun deck to play but it can be countered so easily. I use that deck only randomly nowadays. Few breedables beated me though because I started to use another deck and forgot to put Lacerates in it. My two Thunder cards didn't stand a chance to that Monster deck I guess Commander's Horn and perfectly timed potions could do the trick, but I need to do more experiments at some point. Ge'els could probably help too. I got that card from the keb but haven't played much with that deck afterwards. So many deck variations to experiment with...
Sunsibar;n7006940 said:

Monsters Weather deck for me. I prefer Eredin for my leader though, far more stable than Dagon. Wild Hunt, Nithral included, Nekker warriors to breed foglets, drowners but most of all, Ragh nar Rog. This card is just amazing, Every time I had it in my hand I've won, except once. You just throw it in the end and it's too late to stop it, especially if you used drowners to disrupt the opponent's strongest row and split the strong units in between.

However, something that's been bothering me, why on Earth do people use Dagon with Nekkers? Seriously what's the point? I've run across countless of those, they play with as many monster nests, nekker warriors, vran warriors, ekimmaras and nekkers as possible but still use Dagon. And the funny thing is they do not use any extra clear skies just dagon (often they even turn it into a Rally)... -_-

Whose idea was this? xD Seriously? With the right Weather effects, it's easy to crush that thing and the leader is just out of place on that deck.

i play consume deck, and eredin just sux
won t give you almost nothing.. dagon is a free aeromancy plus clear sky.. very flexible, can save you from nasty situations or let you win a round.. eredin just doesn t.. 11 strenght, nothing special compared to other generals powers ( after geels is probabily the worst)

That's understandable but most people I've seen who play this don't even have another clear sky in their deck. Just dagon. And that's never enough to get rid of the weather effects.

As for Eredin, he activates Nithral's ability, helps with commander's horn and of course he is a powerful weather immune unit, so in the weather immune deck, he is pretty nice. I am thinking of trying Dagon for the Weather deck, but not for the consuming deck (in the consume deck, I often have units absorb him to get a lot of strength)

ser2440;n7984470 said:
I often have units absorb him to get a lot of strength

This. I use Eredin in my consume deck so I can consume him with an Ekimmara (17str) then reconsume him with a Ghoul (15str) and finally Adrenaline rush one of them for a strong round 1 combo. It makes 27str with 3 cards since I don't play Crones or Kayran. (or I can reconsume him with a Katakan (17str) later)

But yeah I'm sure Dagon is great too in some specific consume deck. But most of the time I have strong units on the 3 rows so weather effects aren't that great and I already have 3 Clear Sky in my deck so...

My favorite style of gameplay for the monster deck (which I named monster nest btw) is to use devourers along with multipliers. The best bang for your buck is the harpy card, it drops two eggs that if devoured give +5 , and if you have the Celaeno harpy it turns them into regular harpies with a bonus of +2 and +1 to the celaeno harpy per each egg. This means that you have double the odds of being able to capitalize on the harpies special abilities.

I'm relatively new but I love the devourer deck. I tried weather, but that just seems like playing a monster version of NR. Spawn weather/trebs till you win. I don't win nearly as much, but I need to work that much harder for the wins I do get, which I enjoy.

It seems like with the open beta changes fog decks are currently the strongest. Seems like there's very little counter play to them since you're never able to remove all their weathers.

I've purchased 40 kegs in addition to those from the challenges and my limited gameplay and my Monster deck is still rubbish.

Meanwhile I *consistently* run into people who are supposedly "matched" at my level with decks that can win rounds in a single turn.

If this continues the matchmaking system needs to be revised to rate players on their deck contents, not their "level".

Otherwise it's simply another Pay to Win scam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom