Monsters Deck "Thinner"

+
Monsters Deck "Thinner"

This deck is very powerful, but you need to play it in such a way as to avoid bad draws and maximize your deck thinning power. This requires careful mulligans and a predictable early game which usually involves Impenetrable Fog to bring out Foglets and then Wild Hunt Rider or First Light into Wild Hunt Rider followed up by Crones. Once your deck is thinned you can play whatever you need to stay ahead and maximize your faction advantage. You have a ton of built in utility all weathers and token generation.

A lot of games are won with Golem tokens and Commander's Horn. An Eredin with Swallow Potion is great to carry over to the next turn with the Monster's faction ability. And Geralt: Aard can nuke three non-Golds into weather made by your Woodland Spirit or Water Hag. Use Old Spear Tip to buff your tokens and nuke enemy tokens and Foglets, or whatever ends up in weather. Ekimmara can eat Nilfgaard's plague Cows and pesky spies. Drowner combos well with Water Hag, but they can be replaced for special cards such as Alzur's Thunder

3x Wild Hunt Rider 3x Golem 1x Ekimmara 1x Old Speartip 1x Caranthir 1x Geralt: Aard
3x Foglet 1x Woodland Spirit
3x Crones 1x Water Hag 1x Drowner 1x Yennefer: The Conjurer
1x Commander's Horn 1x First Light 1x Impenetrable Fog 1x Swallow Potion 1x Lacerate

This deck includes no legendaries, which is nice, but it does use 7 Epics and 8 Rares, which isn't too bad considering the deck's strength.

Last edited:
vmachine;n8081600 said:
. This requires careful mulligans and a predictable early game which usually involves Impenetrable Fog to bring out Foglets and then Wild Hunt Rider or First Light into Wild Hunt Rider followed up by Crones.
If you are looking for thinning your deck I use WHR, Crones, Toad and Avallac'h. You pretty much thin it. I don't use foglets since you really have to force to use weather, altough it might work for thinning it.

On a side note, using too many trios, will most likely result in always having a bad opening hand.

4RM3D;n8099930 said:
On a side note, using too many trios, will most likely result in always having a bad opening hand.

I agree that too many will do that, and I wouldn't add any more duplicates than are in the deck currently. As it is you almost always want to play Fog + Riders + Crones in round 1 to avoid drawing doubles in your round 2 draws. But three redraws in your mulligan allows you to get a solid opening hand with this deck easily 9/10 draws, and you can test it for yourself if you are skeptical.

Also, I dropped 1 First Light for a Lacerate since it was just giving me problems too often, like 1/20 games without really being a boon the rest of them.

Generally round 1 is won with the power of the FRC trios, then round 2 is about bleeding out their cards with a Yenn and some Golems, then round 3 is won with smart weather plays. It is a powerful deck for containing no legendaries.

panerola;n8082180 said:
If you are looking for thinning your deck I use WHR, Crones, Toad and Avallac'h. You pretty much thin it. I don't use foglets since you really have to force to use weather, altough it might work for thinning it.

This isn't a deck themed around thinning, sorry if that was the impression. It is just a cheap powerful deck that happens to use a lot of thinners. Any more than this you run into mulligan problems or you're using legendaries.

You might want add MMR you play on. Something being "very powerfull" is nice, but a little more precision wouldnt hurt.

vmachine;n8081600 said:
This deck is very powerful, but you need to play it in such a way as to avoid bad draws and maximize your deck thinning power. This requires careful mulligans and a predictable early game which usually involves Impenetrable Fog to bring out Foglets and then Wild Hunt Rider or First Light into Wild Hunt Rider followed up by Crones. Once your deck is thinned you can play whatever you need to stay ahead and maximize your faction advantage. You have a ton of built in utility all weathers and token generation.

A lot of games are won with Golem tokens and Commander's Horn. An Eredin with Swallow Potion is great to carry over to the next turn with the Monster's faction ability. And Geralt: Aard can nuke three non-Golds into weather made by your Woodland Spirit or Water Hag. Use Old Spear Tip to buff your tokens and nuke enemy tokens and Foglets, or whatever ends up in weather. Ekimmara can eat Nilfgaard's plague Cows and pesky spies. Drowner combos well with Water Hag, but they can be replaced for special cards such as Alzur's Thunder

3x Wild Hunt Rider 3x Golem 1x Ekimmara 1x Old Speartip 1x Caranthir 1x Geralt: Aard
3x Foglet 1x Woodland Spirit
3x Crones 1x Water Hag 1x Drowner 1x Yennefer: The Conjurer
1x Commander's Horn 1x First Light 1x Impenetrable Fog 1x Swallow Potion 1x Lacerate

This deck includes no legendaries, which is nice, but it does use 7 Epics and 8 Rares, which isn't too bad considering the deck's strength.

Without buying kegs, how soon could you make this deck? Seems a ton of deck suggestions here. Yet, just starting, not many choices for me. I have been playing the starter decks.

Top Bottom