Harpy (Egg) Triggers Deathwish (for Nekkers, Earth Elemental)

+
Harpy (Egg) Triggers Deathwish (for Nekkers, Earth Elemental)

Is there a bug with harpy eggs and consume? I have had some real odd interactions with the celaeno harpy and her eggs. One time I dropped celaeno then a vran next to her, Consumed the egg and it spawned two harpy and not just one. Another time I had a nekker on the board used unseen elder consumed the two eggs and celaeno and it spawned two harpy and a copy of my nekker.

Am I just missing something in the text here or has anyone else seen anything like this?

I just played a match and it happened again, Recorded it this time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xgv59flBQKQKs/giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a bug. It's a Deathwish mechanic. Harpy Unit has ability to trigger Deathwish effect of adjacent units like: Spawn a Harpy for a Harpy Egg, Spawn a Chort for a Prize-Winning Cow or Spawn 2 lesser Holems for Holem(Or something like that). So, when Vran ate egg, you was lucky to get spawned Harpy on the same row, so it triggered deathwish of egg that was left and spawned second harpy.
Currently I am building consume deck with this Deathwish trickery, it's not op surely because of low strength of harpies and spawn units, but quite fun.

Last edited:
Ah, I get it now. Also odd question for the grave hag do you know if when she drains your graveyard does each monster she eat count as a single consume or just one consume? For example lets say I have a nekker with 10 power and drop a grave hag she eats 10 cards does the nekker go to 11 or 20?

The Celaeno is certainly somewhat OP since 13 strength bronze units are quite rare. The old archetype was very vulnerable to removal.

emidee77;n8693960 said:
Sadly, it only counts as one absorb. Not the greatest value card as it is, methinks.

Aye, she gets locked out too easy as well. Replaced her with Water Hag and never looked back.

PalmerB;n8661610 said:
It's not a bug. It's a Deathwish mechanic. Harpy Unit has ability to trigger Deathwish effect of adjacent units like: Spawn a Harpy for a Harpy Egg, Spawn a Chort for a Prize-Winning Cow or Spawn 2 lesser Holems for Holem(Or something like that). So, when Vran ate egg, you was lucky to get spawned Harpy on the same row, so it triggered deathwish of egg that was left and spawned second harpy.
Thank you for this explanation, I didn't realize the Deploy went through either and thought this was a bug that would eventually get fixed. This makes it more fun ;)
emidee77;n8693960 said:
Sadly, it only counts as one absorb. Not the greatest value card as it is, methinks.
With regards to Grave Hag, I still don't think its a bad card by any stretch in a Nekker/Harpy deck especially, due to the fact that your graveyard will be over saturated with generated cards. When I play it on the last round (generally after most control is used up by my opponent), I usually get between 13 to 15 extra points off it and find it definitely worthwhile over most other silvers. However I would definitely run something else if you don't intend to play generator cards.

yeah when the harpy spawned next to the harpey egg and nekker it summoned the deathwish for them. it doesnt destroy the card when the deathwish is triggered. harpy eggs can be used for crazy spawn chains. use 3 celaenoharpy at the same time and watch the magic lmao! opponent will flip

kaalev

Forum regular
I'm not sure I like this mechanic. Especially when I play nekkers. I want them to carry out to the next round but then a harpy spawns and I end up winning a round with 30+ point difference and no nekker to carry over. Meh.

It would be nice if the harpies followed some pattern. Would be easier to plan deathwish combos and would allow opponents the chance to react accordingly.

Last edited:
Harpy and earth elementary could give you extra 2 golemn as well. They are both a bit over powered as common bronze.

Bug: Harpy Egg spawning two harpies

I just had a game where I destroyed 2 harpy eggs with ragh nar roog and it spawned 4 harpies. There were 2 more harpy eggs left but those did not get destroyed and summond 2 more harpies when they did die at the end of the round.

Harpies that hatch from eggs have an ability to "trigger the deathwish of adjacent units", so when they land near the eggs, more harpies are spawned.

It is not a bug. Harpies that hatch from eggs have an ability to "trigger the deathwish of adjacent units", that's why Golem triggered it's ability while still on the field. Also, consumed eggs give 5 strength on top of it's current value.

...and what when Unseen Elder absorbe harpy egg? i think here is a big problem, i dont know if bug, glitch or just error in balance, but Unseen elder becomem about 27 strengh with 3 eggs....

sasa41;n8914390 said:
...and what when Unseen Elder absorbe harpy egg? i think here is a big problem, i dont know if bug, glitch or just error in balance, but Unseen elder becomem about 27 strengh with 3 eggs....

Consumed egg gives 5 points each. Read egg description

Earth Elemental Bug?

So today I played a game against a consume monster deck. The opponent played an earth elemental and then a Celaeno Harpy. I didn't want the harpy eggs to get consumed, I played a Dol Balthanna Marksman to kill one Harpy egg. This triggered the Earth Elemental's deathwish ability and spawned 2 lesser golems. Don't think that's normal.

Serious bug or?

I just played vs monster and he had elemental and eggs on the board.
I kill one of the eggs and it spawned harpies, ok, but earth elementals spawned as well.
Anyone seen this?

Spawned harpies trigger the deathwish ability of adjacent units. I guess the harpy appeared next to the earth elemental.

Top Bottom