Savage Bear counters my deck pretty hard

+
Savage Bear counters my deck pretty hard

Hey,

I'm currently playing a Deck I enjoy quite a bit:

Leader:
Unseen Elder (Consume 3 allies)

Gold:
Avallac'h 10 (if no one passed, each draw 2)
Kayran 8 (Consume another card for it's strength +8)
Imlerith 8 (Damage 4, 8 if enemy is affected by biting frost)
Draug 7 (Deal 6 damage to random enemies ignoring armor)

Silver:
Ocvist 6 (After 4 rounds deal 1 damage to all enemies & return to hand 'tired' -without the ability)
Sarah 8 (Shuffle any card into deck & draw another of the same quality)
Skellige Storm
Frightener 10 (<Spy> Pull enemy to same row & draw a card)
Decoy (Redeploy & strengthen currently deployed mob)
Operator 9 (Choose a Bronze unit & put a copy in both player's hand)

Bronze
Nekker 3x3 (Increase power by 1 for each unit consumed, deathwish spawn a nekkar)
Ekimmara 3x2 (consume to strengthen & gain fortify)
Celaeno Harpy 4x3 (spawn 2 eggs)
Vran Warrior 5x2 (consume on deploy & every 2 turns after)
Earth Elemental 6 (Magic shield, deathwish spawn 2 lesser earth elementals)
Wild Hunt Rider 6x3 (Trio, Round end, Brave: fortify if the round is lost)
Griffin 7x2 (Clear weather on row)
Arachas 3x3 (Play all Arachasae from your deck)
Arachas Behemoth 6x3 (spawn Arachas whenever consume occurs. Triggers Arachas deploy ability)
First Light x3 (Clear Skies or Rally)
Stammelford's Tremors (2 damage to up to 8 enemies)
Biting Frost x2 (1 damage to all enemies on row)
Dimeritium Shackles (Lock/demote golds)

I'm doing fine in ranked, generally increasing my points each day though I only ever play enough day to get my 6 rounds won, and am currently rank 8. My concern is that when I play against Skellige decks, which very commonly feature Savage Bear, that one bronze card is a major counter to just about anything I do. If I devote resources to kill it, Skellige decks generally have plenty of revives and They just pump those bad boys out again.

I've definitely got wiggle room in my deck, looking for some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I too play a consume deck and do not have too much trouble against bears.

So be prepared for my opinion. To me your deck is: meh

Avalach -> dump this card and replace it for Succubus. Do you want more bears? Then don't give them any more cards...LOL!

Imerith – only good in a Wild Hunt deck not a consume deck. I’d replace it with Mr. G.

Draug- Is Ok if you have no other Gold Monsters. I use Renew to bring back the Karyan OR use Igini.

Octivist- Decent card for a Dwarf or even an Elf deck. The trouble with this card is the health is very low and can easily be locked or killed before the timer is up. Replace with the Giant Toad.

Sarah- Personally, I do not use this, I use Karkan instead.

SK Storm – I don’t use any weather cards in my deck. I counter it with the mother dragon. This card is good at getting rid of nasty cows and spies on your side.

Decoy -Again, don’t use it in my consume deck. I use Fiend to lock down bears and other nasties. You could keep decoy if you add this card in. This card also deals half to whatever damage the card you are locking has.

Frightener- Useless. You’re basically giving the enemy 10 points and in return you get a single card – not worth it. Monster Nest is much better and gives you a good variety of monsters to summon.

Operator- It’s alright, I suppose for this type of deck. The trouble I run into is even getting the card to appear in my hand. Thus, I dumped it and added in Grave hag…a nice card to have on hand for your Kayran to eat or an “oh shit card.”

Wild Hunt Riders- I’d dump them and replace it with some Nekker Warriors. This way you can copy your Nekker cards and summon even more Nekkers.

I toss in Mordoean Mushoom …(ugh I know I butchered that word) and Lighting Bolt.

As soon as a bear pops up I hit it with a lighting card. Happens again? I hit with a lock. Third time…well here goes Succubus.

Nothing is more satisfying then watching a bear move to your side of the board.

Anyways…as I said this is just my own opinions. And I hope these tips helped and not wanting to seek my death.

StrykerxS77x;n8970970 said:
Looks like your deck has far more than 25 cards in it. That's not a great idea.
Only time I go over 25 cards is if I have a TON of deck thinning ability. And even then, it's like 27 or 28 cards.

As the others have already said try to not have more than 25 cards in your deck because it makes your deck very inconsistent. I would suggest that you include fiend and shackles so you can lock SK's bears and a water hag is also very good for her weather clearing ability or the rain with which you could also get rid of the bears. Weather is always a good idea against SK and its bears but I understand that there is hardly any room for weather cards in a consume deck.

All in all, cosnume is a lot of fun but saidly it is very easily countered by a lot of decks.

I agree about the bears. I use a fog deck and if one or two bears it can shut down the entire thing. I wish the card just did a set amount of damage instead of enough damage to make entire decks useless!

Bears needs to attack both side as they used to be in CB. This way the warcry archetype will be viable again and the bears will still give skellige the needed tech value but without being so OP as of now.

Top Bottom