x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

  • Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nilfgaardian Deck Strategies

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nilfgaardian Deck Strategies








    WELCOME TO NILFGAARDIAN FACTION

    Any discuss about Nilfgaardian Strategies welcome here.


  • #2
    For first information we know now that about Emhyr var Emreis leader and PASSIVE ability. So let discuss Strategies at very beginning.

    Passive Ability: Redraw one card each round
    As I guess, it's will trigger before start a turn. That mean won't affect as Scoial'tael Francesca leader. Maybe just as Scoial'tael ability as we want re-draw a card or not. Imo, that's enough strong ability same as other faction.

    Emhyr var Emreis Ability: Reveal two random card in opponent's hand
    This ability seem same in one of leader ability in The Witcher 3. Although, it's useless in there but PvP, it's seem interesting. That's card seem useful at end of round when our opponent's not have much card left. So we will know they strategies. Sometime, I want to know what's card in my opponent. They hold first light or something else. In other word, that will be a key card to win a round. With this ability we can avoid it. Useful card for beginner but not sure that worth for senior.

    Comment


    • #3
      Pro Strategy, 98% win rate (internet dropped once). Rank 15 NG main.

      Follow these steps and get free wins vs everything.
      • Wait for faction to be released.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by IAxiiYourMother View Post
        Pro Strategy, 98% win rate (internet dropped once). Rank 15 NG main.

        Follow these steps and get free wins vs everything.
        • Wait for faction to be released.
        • Build a deck of at least 25 cards.
        Also important.
        "I am the liquor"

        Jim Lahey

        Comment


        • #5
          Not sure how it will be after the balance fix, but in current meta Emhyr's ability would be practically useless. ST and NR burning through the deck in round 1, and everyone have the same cards, with very little variations. You can say for sure what they have in hand in round 2/3 by giving one look in their graveyard.

          And this ability can't change anything on the field - even Francesca has indirect impact on the game. But with Emhyr it's like you're just stalling a turn.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DEERCG View Post
            Passive Ability: Redraw one card each round As I guess, it's will trigger before start a turn. That mean won't affect as Scoial'tael Francesca leader. Maybe just as Scoial'tael ability as we want re-draw a card or not. Imo, that's enough strong ability same as other faction.
            I'm guessing this will be instead of a three card mulligan for round one. You still mulligan three cards total, just 1 each round instead of three in round 1.
            V/R

            Treamayne

            Theme Decks - New Player Tips - Starter Deck Synopsis - Non-bug FAQ - Known Issues thread - Bug/Feedback Submission Form

            Comment


            • #7
              It's ability seems pretty weak. 0 board impact, 0 consistency or thinning, it just left you with information, which is pretty weak.

              "Look 2 random cards, draw a card" would certainly stronger.

              Comment


              • #8
                Knowledge is power and those who scorn knowledge are candidates to be the next vassals of the Empire.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nestalim View Post
                  "Look 2 random cards, draw a card" would certainly stronger.
                  I like your idea.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Surprised no one's coined it Milfgaard yet. You people have a lot of growing up to do.
                    "I am the liquor"

                    Jim Lahey

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by idomyownstunts View Post
                      Surprised no one's coined it Milfgaard yet. You people have a lot of growing up to do.
                      I wouldn't go there. The next step is milfguard. And then, well...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by OptoNick View Post
                        Not sure how it will be after the balance fix, but in current meta Emhyr's ability would be practically useless. ST and NR burning through the deck in round 1, and everyone have the same cards, with very little variations. You can say for sure what they have in hand in round 2/3 by giving one look in their graveyard.

                        And this ability can't change anything on the field - even Francesca has indirect impact on the game. But with Emhyr it's like you're just stalling a turn.
                        I respectfully disagree, and think it will be a very useful ability (especially if we can activate it more than once as has been hinted at). There are certain factions you need to hold specific cards in order to react to them. For example, holding a clear skies vs SK so that you are free to play on the melee row and avoid Coral/aard to force the leader ability out in round 1. If you know your opponent is holding a Coral/Aeromancy/aard you can play accordingly. It also improves your ability to play aggressively if you know to hold onto your weather until they use the clear skies you know they have in their hand.

                        It can also force your opponent to play cards in a different order than they normally would if they know you can see their card. There is no sense in holding onto a surprise 3rd round grave hag bomb or aard combo if I know my opponent can see it and hold onto to a card to answer the threat. It reduces the reliability of the play, and I may chose to just drop it from my hand hoping that they do not currently hold an answer card.

                        Originally posted by Treamayne View Post

                        I'm guessing this will be instead of a three card mulligan for round one. You still mulligan three cards total, just 1 each round instead of three in round 1.
                        I expect it to be in addition to the initial mulligan so that they are not at a disadvantage to other factions that can fix poor initial draw. It would be a terrible faction ability otherwise since every faction gets the first 3 mulligans for free. I'm curious if we will be able to black list cards with this, because that would allow for some very great consistency.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by idomyownstunts View Post
                          Surprised no one's coined it Milfgaard yet.
                          Many have before now -- rather to excess, in fact.

                          However, let us not dwell over-much upon that somewhat dubious appellation.

                          'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

                          Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, review the Rules and Regulations of the Forums. Thank you.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Riven-Twain View Post
                            Many have before now -- rather to excess, in fact.

                            However, let us not dwell over-much upon that somewhat dubious appellation.
                            You use big words that hurt my brain.

                            On topic, noted and moving on.
                            "I am the liquor"

                            Jim Lahey

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              NG strategy thread from skellige player.. just kidding

                              Anyways I have one little suggestion even though it's really not important but if possible just change letho image to Emhyr Var Emreis as I think Emhyr really defines the nilfgaard then letho the witcher

                              IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE BE A MONSTER

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X