Nilfgaardian Deck Strategies

+
I have had quite a lot of games against Henselt Gold, it's tricky but you just have to time things well.

Being able to use Cahir to get John Calveit twice is pretty much a must and hope you don't give him a promote in the process lol. What i like to do is try and win the first round which with Ambassador is very doable.

Try and get him to use his leader ability before you use Letho, even getting him to use promote's or the leader ability's on Canterella isn't a massive deal if Letho can take the buffed units. It's just one big mind game fest really, getting him to use either his leader ability or at least one promote if not both in the first round is a win for you.

I feel like the only times i have lost is when i massively fucked up, there's definitely ways around it. I'm concerned about playing Scoiatael because of the abundance of scorch but i haven't played them yet as it's been mainly Variations of Monsters(Kayran scares me lol), Henselt Gold and Skellige Wounding decks.

metalmaniac21;n7888530 said:
Any suggestions for a good (for low rank) 'budget' Emhyr deck? Right now I run this.

d3vil_dant3;n7956660 said:
Someone has a good Emhyr s deck?

I just thought about that so I changed a little thing.

- You can keep/remove Vanhemar if you already have Double Cross. If you keep it, one of your spotters will have 3 more str and you'll protect one of them from Geralt Igni. But it's not mandatory if you prefer to remove Vanhemar to get another card in round 1, it's your choice.

Changed from

- You can remove Vanhemar if you already have Double Cross.

Last edited:
The more i play the more i realize that Monsters consume are more of a threat than NR Gold, they have so many ways they can eat your units. Either Vran Warriors, Ekkimarra can easily do it and that's without mentioning the Kayran.

This is a lot harder to play around with a Spy deck than NR Gold is.

I used to run two locks, so Cleaver and Auckes, and if was monster I'd operator a lock instead of cantarella. Helps with vrans but not the ekkimarra's nor Kayran but can help somewhat with your peepers getting eaten.

I am merely concerned with the Impera Brigade. I just played a ranked match against a Nilfgaarian player and was able to use three brigades all starting at fourteen and used a combat engineer to keep them between rounds. I believe that a good fix would be to: Tweek their ability to maybe only increase power by one instead of two or make them silver cards so that the limit is two per deck. I hope that this reaches someone that can implement the idea. Thank you.

idomyownstunts;n8231880 said:
Cleaver and Auckes

Cleaver and Auckes to lock? But don't you need those silver slots? Plus they don't lock gold cards like Bork or YenCon while D-shackle do. :hmm:

Esclive;n8246560 said:
Cleaver and Auckes to lock? But don't you need those silver slots? Plus they don't lock gold cards like Bork or YenCon while D-shackle do. :hmm:

Yes but this was before the latest patch too. So monster consume was around a bit. And op on a lock when facing a monster deck. Again it was pre-patch.

Hey, can someone help me figure out good strategies for Letho of Gulet? Just got one from the pack and he seems good as destroy death effects but half the time it seems that's hardly worth a card and then he's awful as the last round top deck war. Don't really get him.

Swifty4 (When Letho actually works on ALL rows) With Calviet as your Leader, he an be used to gobble up opposing units. Then Shackles/D-bomb him to bring him back to your side. I'm hoping they will fix the bug on him soon! More often than not he will not go to the opposing range and siege rows, which is very unfortunate.

letho can be used quite nicely to secure strong cards against scorch, have seen him being used numerous times to save some spy boosted Imperas. I dont quite like reveal decks, with the right cards, stefan skellen + albrich you can do quite some points (vanhemar) but NG has a really hard time to compete against basically every faction, except NG and NR.

I've been having some good results with Ciri: Dash lately. With Emissary > Nauzicaa > Vicovaro cycle it's pretty easy to mill away the bulk of your bronze cards very quickly. Add in Morvran, Cahir, Vilgefortz, Joachim and Cantarella to power through your deck and Stefan Skellen for search power and it's pretty plausible to play Ciri Dash three times a game without too much difficulty. This is moderately useful for the first couple rounds, but most of all it gives the deck a real nice win condition for round three which IMO is sort of what Nilfgaard has always been lacking. The faction can basically keep pace with the best but only given a lot of cards to work with. Too many of its key pieces (ie Impera Brigade, and Nauzicaa Brigade) are extremely sub-par as later round, low card count draws. And even the faction's gold cards tend to be more (admittedly useful) tech cards than sheer power game breakers.* That translates to a lot of round one wins followed by round three losses even at equal or favorable card advantage. I've found Ciri: Dash goes a long way toward fixing that. Of course ultimately, the downside is simply that Ciri Dash just isn't *that* powerful. Even if played three times and with Roach it's only a 17 strength play in round three. That's pretty nice but it's sometimes still outclassed by a huge Consu-monsters carry over or a Dragoon buffed Scoia'tael or whatever. Still, I've definitely been impressed with the results. It works better than any other Nilfgaard decks I've played so far.

*I mean, there's Tibor. But I just don't find he's worth it. Unless they just draw really badly, he usually only nets you about 10-12 and it can easily be far less if they draw well.

ikillchicken;n8517420 said:
I've been having some good results with Ciri: Dash lately. With Emissary > Nauzicaa > Vicovaro cycle it's pretty easy to mill away the bulk of your bronze cards very quickly. Add in Morvran, Cahir, Vilgefortz, Joachim and Cantarella to power through your deck ..

I quite like that cycling power. Currently i am experimenting with Imperial Golem but Ciri Dash and Cantarella i am missing. Tibor i would like to have so i can experiment with Villen synergy perhaps......when everything else fails.. :s

Need a lot of playtesting though and i am missing cards i could use, well, patience i guess.

Here's the deck I just reached 1.5k mmr with 80+ winrate. Very solid in terms of control, thinning and pure power. R3 this deck is stronger than QG chain and r1 you cant beat the tempo. Even Swim's tempo dorfs cant beat the power of this deck in my experience. I even had to add 3 cards over standart 25 card size due to overthinning myself. However i believe emissaries are going to get nerfed even more by blocking possibility of pulling vico novices with it.

Unkeged Stefan, should I craft Vilgefortz over Leo/Vattier over anything else to complete the combo or just stick with Cantarella?

Im loving Spy NG but i dont have a couple of the staple cards everyone is running. All my Golds are the starter ones besides Zoltan and my silvers are Peter, Assire, Roach,Joaquim, Cantarella and Decoy which i mostly use on mirror matches on their Cows.

Bronze ones im missing the 3rd Emissary, 3rd Imperial Brigade, 2 Imperial Golems and i have no Nauzicaa Bearer (but im having no problems vs Monster Weather decks)
Should i take out 1 of my 2 Nauzicaa Brigade (always use them on Joaquim or on mirror matches the Cows) for 1 Nilf Knight or should i ditch both of them for 1 Knight and 1 Rot Tosser making them 3?

By the way any ideas on the priority to craft my missing bronze cards? Im thinking both Golems to thin my deck even more or should i save for a Silver like Vanhemar or Auckes ?

Kasshern;n8796010 said:
Im loving Spy NG but i dont have a couple of the staple cards everyone is running. All my Golds are the starter ones besides Zoltan and my silvers are Peter, Assire, Roach,Joaquim, Cantarella and Decoy which i mostly use on mirror matches on their Cows.

Bronze ones im missing the 3rd Emissary, 3rd Imperial Brigade, 2 Imperial Golems and i have no Nauzicaa Bearer (but im having no problems vs Monster Weather decks)
Should i take out 1 of my 2 Nauzicaa Brigade (always use them on Joaquim or on mirror matches the Cows) for 1 Nilf Knight or should i ditch both of them for 1 Knight and 1 Rot Tosser making them 3?

By the way any ideas on the priority to craft my missing bronze cards? Im thinking both Golems to thin my deck even more or should i save for a Silver like Vanhemar or Auckes ?

get vanhemar - he is by far the best mage - frost/tremors/clear sky is the best set of the bunch. Auckes is another staple, though I don't run roach in my spies deck - she's cool, but she also takes up a silver slot, which is way overcrowded as it is.

Hey guys, first post for me, didn't know where else to make this but am I able to get some advice / help on making this deck better?

The original idea behind the deck was to use Cahir and Voorhis to boost my Spotters but the deck has been inconsistent and tends to lose to... well quite a few things. I know that the card count is high but it felt to me just having the standard 25 that I was losing out on damage.

I don't have a big card pool as I just started not too long ago, I know that I have to save up my scraps to craft a few things... possibly expensive things, but I wanted to get your opinions on it so I have a direction in which to go.

If any of you have or had a similar deck how did you like it? Are/were you lacking damage output ?

Attachments

• My Reveal deck.jpg
    My Reveal deck.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 149
OzPsych0;n8814860 said:
Hey guys, first post for me, didn't know where else to make this but am I able to get some advice / help on making this deck better?

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately I can't help you with the cards, but you can check around this Tactician's Corner forum and see if there's something useful for you.

PS: Your avatar reminds me of something...

Top Bottom