Best NG Legendary's to craft first?

+
Best NG Legendary's to craft first?

Hey, I've decided I would like to main NG but I'm not sure which legendary's/epics of theirs I should be focusing on crafting first? I'm aware NG arent the best faction but I enjoy them and the challenge playing them might bring!

Cheers!

HenryGrosmont;n7996220 said:
Keep in mind, 4 epics will worth more than one legendary...

Please, Indulge me... I've currently got Auckes,Sweers,Bronn of the Blackwater any of them auto-includes? What good epics am I missing? :)

What kind of deck and leader you are intending to play? That would give us a better starting point to give any advices.

Ugralitan;n7996780 said:
What kind of deck and leader you are intending to play? That would give us a better starting point to give any advices.

Atm I'm using Emyhr as I don't have Voorhis and the deck i'm currently running is a Reveal/Cow deck. Mangonels, Spotters, Alchemists, Geralt and Aard in there alongside Aukes and Peter.

Jhinjie96;n7996910 said:
Atm I'm using Emyhr as I don't have Voorhis and the deck i'm currently running is a Reveal/Cow deck. Mangonels, Spotters, Alchemists, Geralt and Aard in there alongside Aukes and Peter.

If you wish to get serious about reveal, your deck would benefit a lot from Vattier de Rideaux which is 200 scraps to craft. He can reveal up to 2 cards from your hand and depending on that choice up to 2 cards from your opponents' hand while providing a 7 strength gold body. He could provide you 8 damage per Mangonel and 4 strength to all Spotters (and Vanhemar if you run him in deck) in one move at his full potential (4 cards are revealed).

Ugralitan;n7997000 said:
If you wish to get serious about reveal, your deck would benefit a lot from Vattier de Rideaux which is 200 scraps to craft. He can reveal up to 2 cards from your hand and depending on that choice up to 2 cards from your opponents' hand while providing a 7 strength gold body. He could provide you 8 damage per Mangonel and 4 strength to all Spotters (and Vanhemar if you run him in deck) in one move at his full potential (4 cards are revealed).

Is reveal a good arch-type for NG? or is there a better deck to be building towards?

Im playing Jan with 6 spies, fake ciri, joachim, cantarela, treason, skellen, dudu, geralt, impera, vicovaro, yen and bomb. Still now good enough, but against scoia'teal dwarfs build pretty good. With skellige its pretty medicore and suffers from monsters and scoia'teal trap build. Why everyone in low elo playing monsters :/

Jhinjie96;n7997080 said:
Is reveal a good arch-type for NG? or is there a better deck to be building towards?

Just like any faction it depends what you are going against. Because i play nilfgaard exclusive, anytime i go against it i can counter it 90% of the time.

I ended up taking a break from my reveal deck to try and experiment with other decks. The problem i kept running into is i felt like it would run out of steam towards round three and didn't have much ways to negate or counter the other players abilities but thats just my experience.

One thing id recommend and works very well for me is quen + mangols. From my experience

1. If you have to go first, it enables you to sort of pass in a way without having to put it out there on first play and be open to get nuked or hurt. It also makes the other player play a unit first. That way you can determine if you want to fully committe or hold back.

2. Because the catapults are such a big part in dishing out damage they are usually target number one. So with them being shielded it helps negate any damage coming because they will attract it. Of course even with a shield a scorch can easily smoke them but then you forced the player to use the spell early which will increase your chances of survival for other reveal buff units.

I believe any nilfgaard deck should absolutely have and if not be the first gold card is stefan skellen. The ability to pick any card and put it on top of your deck to draw next turn is remarkable.

Most core NG Cards to craft?

Hey, I posted something similar in GD and got told here would be a good place to post instead. Just curious as to what the best NG cards are to craft Epic/Legendary wise. Cheers!

In no particular order

Canterella
Morvran Voorhis
Cahir
Stefan Skellen
Cynthia/Albrich (depends which one you prefer.)
Xarthisius
Vilgefortz (make sure you have roach, otherwise IMO not worth it)
Auckes (but cleaver may be better as a neutral)
Assire var Anahid (I quite like her, but not a huge card to get if you are looking for solid additions)

Jhinjie96;n8007090 said:
Hey, I posted something similar in GD and got told here would be a good place to post instead. Just curious as to what the best NG cards are to craft Epic/Legendary wise. Cheers!

Topic moved to Nilfgaard section and merged together with similar one. See if you can find more hints and tips from posts above :)

Lim3zer0;n8007110 said:
Vilgefortz (make sure you have roach, otherwise IMO not worth it) Auckes (but cleaver may be better as a neutral)
I disagree, I think Vilgefortz is extremely powerful in 90% of situations even without Roach. Nilf has enough small and perishable units (Vicovaro Medic, Rot Tosser, Combat Engineer) that can be sacrificed without discarding their initial purpose to allow you an additional action that is potentially worth more than the sacrifice you made. Bear in mind it's 8 power minus whatever you sacrificed so you can look at it as a slightly stronger Priscilla as far as power swing is concerned, plus the fact that it's gold, plus the fact that you have the option to pop a massive opposing unit that no single card in their deck will out-value. His downside is that if there are units on the board he's forced to pop one of them, which isn't always a good thing.

As far as Auckes is concerned, he's just entirely better than Cleaver; Nilf has no synergies with Dwarves, and Auckes has +2 power and the Witcher tag which makes for the added benefit of buffed Swallow Potions (or Thunderbolt, but that's a far less likely include in any Nilf deck).

Top Bottom