Which leader performs better? Emhyr or Calveit?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leader performs better? Emhyr or Calveit?

Yo, I keep posting alot here but was curious to know which one plays better? Reveal or Spy? (I know Moorvran control is the best deck but I love playing the under-dog!)

Many thanks!

Jhinjie96;n8090970 said:
Yo, I keep posting alot here but was curious to know which one plays better? Reveal or Spy? (I know Moorvran control is the best deck but I love playing the under-dog!)

Many thanks!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=531zDZ6Eg_8

Check out this video. I just came across it today and he plays with calveit really well. Probably the best spy deck ive seen so far.

Like with any play style they have their pros and cons. I feel you would have more fun with spy deck than reveal. With the reveal deck it has to build up. The negative is its so easy to get nuked/d bomb with reveal.

Also get into the mindset that patch/update notes just came out today. With position mechanics coming in and other changes. So dont get to comfy with the current strategies :)

Bl00dGeist;n8091290 said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=531zDZ6Eg_8

Check out this video. I just came across it today and he plays with calveit really well. Probably the best spy deck ive seen so far.

Like with any play style they have their pros and cons. I feel you would have more fun with spy deck than reveal. With the reveal deck it has to build up. The negative is its so easy to get nuked/d bomb with reveal.

Also get into the mindset that patch/update notes just came out today. With position mechanics coming in and other changes. So dont get to comfy with the current strategies :)

Especially now that spotters are ranged. I enjoyed being able to play spotters anywhere to avoid weather or G.igni. Have dropped that and built my own once again.

Jhinjie96;n8090970 said:

Many thanks!

those two leader have different purpose. emhyr for revealing deck (sniping siege) and calveit is for spy.
I think sniping is better so you can still use your caraccas without worrying it targeting your spy

I play Calveit since I got into beta and I have to say that only decks I have a problem are Skellige and sometimes monsters under Dagon. I have never lost Calveit vs Emhyr. I play completely different deck compared to one in video. It is not the best, but I can play around my cards and use some trickery with Calveits ability and Vicovaro Medics. Usualy by using Calveit, then ambassadors and in next turn using them again by taking them from my opponents graveyard by medics.

Jhinjie96;n8090970 said:

Many thanks!

It really depends on your deck build.
This videos is about a guy who uses Emhyr in combination with Cahir, mangonels and Spotters.

Dealing damage, revealing all his cards, and gaining alot of points on the spotters. (from 4 to 13)

IMO the Nilfgaard deck is all about combo's :)

With just Vattier, Cahir and Emhyr (twice) you are already buffing spotters to 14. Add to that Nilfgaard knights and you have three bronzes with 17 strength, not to mention the 21 strenght Vanhemar...

John Maionese since most decks on the ladder are netdecks or built around existing combinations anyway, so any revealed cards on the enemy's side won't come as a suprise. On the other hand, spy-driven decks are both quite powerful and very fun, even though monsters eat them for breakfast literally.

A reveal deck is better be built with Jason Voorhis since other reveal cards are already enough and in Gwent consistency is the key, and playing cards from your deck is better than not doing it.

Last edited:
Calveit is the stronger one, imho. It's very effective in bleeding your opponents since your leader card can literally flip the board.

Calveit has a chance at winning high on the ladder and was ran by a single player at the challenger final (Fion if I'm not mistaken). The strongest deck on this patch can heavily punish this deck/leader.

Morvran is good, but most decks involving him are fairly complicated to play to their max potential.

I'm not a big fan of Emhyr; the other two are better options unless you are having fun building a reveal themed deck.

Calveit with all his spies of strength 2 gets easily sucked up by a Chivronex from Yennefer. So I prefer Emhyr.

cdrth;n8573020 said:
Calveit with all his spies of strength 2 gets easily sucked up by a Chivronex from Yennefer. So I prefer Emhyr.

Except every Calveit uses Operator to copy Cantarella that has 12 str and are weather immune. Then spam your side of the board with them forcing you to overcommit if you want to win the round, as they can flip the switch and turn the board around with the leader card.

CB -> Calveit 100%. Reveal was a meme and calveit was oppressive enough to be toxic for the game, no wonder they cutted it
OB -> Emhyr imho. It's an extra decoy that doesn't force you to replay the card. Excellent with Auckles, the Golemn and the dude that set the strength of a unit revealed to 1. Calveit effect (the old morvran one) is still solid enough to see play

kaalev;n8577310 said:
Except every Calveit uses Operator to copy Cantarella that has 12 str and are weather immune. Then spam your side of the board with them forcing you to overcommit if you want to win the round, as they can flip the switch and turn the board around with the leader card.

but Ekimmaras and other devourers happily eat them away before you use Calveit !

On my opinion Emhyr bc having the chance to retrow carcasses and blow away entire rows is quite a feat.

This discussion was about the leaders in closed beta, which are different from the leaders in open beta.

Closing topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom