How does a cow carcass spy?

+
How does a cow carcass spy?

I hate to say and admit this but to often i pull the bone head move of calling my spies back with a cow carcass on the line. I think my mindset is the cow will stay while i can pull everyone else back. Which of course is not the case lol. Luckily it rarely costs me the game when i do it with calveit.

So after pondering about it....why not make it a non spy unit? It would add another level of strategy for our spy deck. What would be the pros and cons of taking the spy tag off? It can already be decoy, returned and destroyed.

The biggest question of course is how does a dead animal spy and provide intel for us? Lol. Even if it was alive before and after launch how does nilfgaard communicate with it?

Can the devs also add the ability to sacrifice the prize winning cow and give a bonus or demoralize ability to the opponent? That wouod be really fun to see.

It is about card-type consistency instead of following realistic logic. We could make similar arguments for Spectral Whale.

The cards are tagged as spies in order to indicate that they are placed on your side by opponent. Of course this, creates awkward moments due to fact that you can recall the spies with Nilfgaard.

Also spy tag presents a few card-specific situations. For example Nauzicaa Brigade could not destroy those cows if they were not tagged as spies. On the other hand Calveit would not have to rethink before recalling spies, since he would not recall the carcass.

Last edited:
Ugralitan;n8113580 said:
It is about card-type consistency instead of following realistic logic. We could make similar arguments for Spectral Whale.

The cards are tagged as spies in order to indicate that they are placed on your side by opponent. Of course this, creates awkward moments due to fact that you can recall the spies with Nilfgaard.

Also spy tag presents a few card-specific situations. For example Nauzicaa Brigade could not destroy those cows if they were not tagged as spies. On the other hand Calveit would not have to rethink before recalling spies, since he would not recall the carcass.

The intent of my OP was supposed to be more of a fun thread. I guess i failed to present it that way. I do understand the mechanic and why it gets labeld as a spy.

At least spectral whale is kind of alive and can relay information.

Well, if we're trying to have fun with the whole cow carcasses being spies: they clearly give us information from the screams and wailing of the soon to be deceased. :comeatmebro:

plenty of magic in the witcher universe... i'm sure they can find a way.

Ugralitan;n8113580 said:
The cards are tagged as spies in order to indicate that they are placed on your side by opponent

aren't they "disloyal"?

I like the idea of pushing some dudes into some fog and they all get instagibbed. Witcher games will never be the same.

Imo, throwing a cow carcass should buff all of your units by 1 due to the fact that you have now rid yourselves of a distractingly awful smell and now feel refreshed and ready to fight once more. In fact, you may as well toss the cow carcass literally anywhere else, as long as it's not behind your lines.

A carcass spying... Right.
Beside, the new abilities of the Nilfgaard coming from the last patch are ABSOLUTLY overpowered, need nerf ASAP, the game is becoming unplayable. At least half of the opponent i meet has nilfgaard deck, because it's overpowered, even without letho or geralt : igni. Too bad, it's such a shame gwent was a great game, now it's way too unbalanced and boring. [h=1][/h]

ElricDesDragons;n8243370 said:
A carcass spying... Right.
Beside, the new abilities of the Nilfgaard coming from the last patch are ABSOLUTLY overpowered, need nerf ASAP, the game is becoming unplayable. At least half of the opponent i meet has nilfgaard deck, because it's overpowered, even without letho or geralt : igni. Too bad, it's such a shame gwent was a great game, now it's way too unbalanced and boring. [h=1][/h]

Care to list what abilities?

I suspect that the intention is to allow cows to buff Impera Brigade. Also perhaps to prevent you from setting up a cow on a row with spies on one turn and then pulling back your spies on the second turn so it immediately destroys a more valuable unit. (Although this isn't as deadly with the recent patch).

But yeah, I'd prefer cows weren't spies. It just doesn't work very well with a lot of what NG decks do with Calveit.

The wooden horse of Troy was only effective because of the cavalry inside. Maybe the carcass has a bunch of purple minions within?

Well going with how it works, it doesn't relay information, just death. You send it over there in your catapult and then bring it back because it's yours and all it does it kill your guys rather than giving you information. Admittedly I have had my carcass locked and then used treason and got it back, in this instance I feel the lock stabilised from the death-dealing toxins it and my medics were able to garner valuable information about the conditions and environment of the enemy based on the bugs and decay present on the carcass.

Swifty4;n8412420 said:
Well going with how it works, it doesn't relay information, just death. You send it over there in your catapult and then bring it back because it's yours and all it does it kill your guys rather than giving you information. Admittedly I have had my carcass locked and then used treason and got it back, in this instance I feel the lock stabilised from the death-dealing toxins it and my medics were able to garner valuable information about the conditions and environment of the enemy based on the bugs and decay present on the carcass.

Now we are getting into the science of it!

So based on your analysis from your head vicocarro medic how would you use that information to your advantage? :)

Bl00dGeist;n8413020 said:
Now we are getting into the science of it!

So based on your analysis from your head vicocarro medic how would you use that information to your advantage? :)

You'd have to ask the medics, I sometimes feel they're just making it all up (they tend to nod a lot and say "Yes, this really does mean they're 14 of them marching eastward"). Though the information sometimes pays off so I go with it.

swifty4;n8414620 said:
you'd have to ask the medics, i sometimes feel they're just making it all up (they tend to nod a lot and say "yes, this really does mean they're 14 of them marching eastward"). Though the information sometimes pays off so i go with it.

lol

Top Bottom