Stefan Skellen + First Light (Rally) >>>> Fix pls

+
Stefan Skellen + First Light (Rally) >>>> Fix pls

Hello
Stefan Skellen is good card and i would say that it perfectly fits Nilfgaard. But...
His ability doesn't work with First Light (Rally).
- This ability plays random bronze card. Not TOP bronze card!

REASON:
Sometimes you don't have cards for getting new one or you are in last round. In this scenario is no way how to get new card. But in your hand is still First Light.
- For this case you cannot prepare bronze card by Stefan and then play First Light (Rally).

I think that is really devalued value of Stefan Skellen. So, he cannot be used in low level decks.
Nilfgaard is about preparation and tactic.
Please, make this game better, more cleaver and fix this.

Thanks

I think it's an interesting thought to have First Light's Rally effect proc on the top card of your deck, but then it doesn't provide its unique utility to every other deck. It's strong in scenarios where you're adjusting your deck before you draw your cards, thereby randomizing where your needed cards are - and using its own form of tactics to evaluate what Bronzes are left and whether it's worth it to make the gamble (or ensure that it sees use later in the game, sometimes it's more efficient to cycle through non-Bronze units if you know you're going to wind up with a First Light). For instance, a Monster deck might want to draw and play a Nekker from the bottom of their deck (due to Nekker Warrior) and they potentially have junk in the way - it's random, but they can evaluate the risk and then make the play. It's also not meant to be controllable because it's essentially a filler card, not a combo piece.

Stefan Skellen's intended use is to be played early on in the game, ideally in the opening hand, to set yourself up for a card cycle effect or for drawing on the following round. Not every card needs to be a perfect play at every stage of the game, and Stefan unfortunately reaches the point of being lackluster when you run out of potential draw effects. That's just the way it is. Besides, he is at the very least a 9 Strength body which is above average for a unit with an effect like that (only 3 under the 'balanced' vanilla Gold Strength of 12). If you happen to draw him last, it's unfortunate, but it's just a subject of bad rng that you didn't get him earlier.

I know I ramble on for ages about one small topic but I hope I made my point clear. It's obviously subject to debate, but that's my opinion.

Oh. You are right with monster cars :(. I forgot this.

That's the thing.
In early game it is "useless" because you don't know what will be needed in future. And at the end (last round)... you might have out of opportunity.
I just wish to be able combine these two card and don't affect other decks :(.

What you say is that the card is more useful for offensive (prepare your actions) and less for defensive (counter something).
This is really game changer for me and my deck because there are much more useful / powerful GOLD cards in game :(.

*I like Nilfgaard / Gwent because of low randomness. I hate randomness (e.g. Heardstone).

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate it.

Thus, you also see another reason why Morvran is the more common choice of leaders for NG: you can prime the top of the deck to play with Morvran whenever you need him to (if you don't draw Vilgefortz to play the top of the deck for you). Similarly, Morvran also gives you a 20% chance of finding Skellen if you didn't in the initial draw + mulligan cards (3 cards from top, 15 cards total to play).

Edit: Also, if you were looking to just play a bronze from the top of your deck, Emissaries fill the same role also. First Light's utility is just to counter weather if you're playing against it.

sikoraj;n8143480 said:
Hello
Stefan Skellen is good card and i would say that it perfectly fits Nilfgaard. But...

This soon won't matter, the version of rally in the PTR release, does play the top bronze unit, it won't be random any longer.
It is subject to change though, so don't take this as a 100% guarantee.

Truthfully, i think it is going to stay, it means that rally won't pull copies made by nekker warriors for instance, (unless you are out of bronzes)
It also makes xarthisisus stronger against rally. (if you put a bronze card on the bottom of their deck)

I'm sure there are other implications for this.

Last edited:
sikoraj;n8143480 said:
Hello

REASON:
Sometimes you don't have cards for getting new one or you are in last round. In this scenario is no way how to get new card. But in your hand is still First Light.
- For this case you cannot prepare bronze card by Stefan and then play First Light (Rally).

I think that is really devalued value of Stefan Skellen. So, he cannot be used in low level decks.
Nilfgaard is about preparation and tactic.
Please, make this game better, more cleaver and fix this.

Thanks

May I suggest using Joachim De Wett after using Steffan. De Wett plays the top loyal card on your deck (Bronze/silver) and buffs them by 8. Works great together.

Top Bottom