Tibor or Vilgefortz?

+
Tibor or Vilgefortz?

Yo, obviously I'm aware Vilge is alot better but I don't have roach.. is he still worth running anyway? or would I get more value from tibor? I manily play Emyhr and Calveit.

Thanks!

I have both and currently do not own roach, sorry roach, I could have picked you in a keg but was won over by something shinier. I usually Vilge a medic or something that's been weathered and of course you can cook an opposing unit if you've no other way of dealing with it. It provides a bit more versatility. In my limited use of Tibor I have pretty much just played 2nd round after winning and passing. Sadly, 22 gold points isn't that hard to overcome I've found and poor lil Ciri hasn't worked her way into the team there either.

As they´ve already told you Vilge is far superior, even without Roach. A vicovaro medic is a good target to burn, a weakened unit, even a rot tosser will do the job.

I have both in a deck and I think they are great (Tibor and Vilgefortz). I don't have roach for Vilgefortz and I typically kill a medic, although it is flexible depending on the opponent. As Tibor, unless the opponent plays Monsters, I try to use in the first round as the fist card and pass. They got card advantage but you get 22 solid gold points, that most factions cannot reach with one card (except Crones). If they want to reach 22 they have to throw 2 or 3 cards or pass and give you the first round. Most of the people is not willing to give free CA to the opponent so I guess that is the reason I don't see the card too much (or as much as Vilgefortz), but it works for me.

I use to be on the Tibor train but i believe he cost me more games by giving the opponent that extra card. He is wonderful in the first round and even better when you can bait opponents to burn multiple cards to just kill him or play catch up. But as you climb the ranks/levels most people dont bite and just pass.

Id recommend vigle. Anything to help you draw cards and thin out your deck. You dont even need roach. I try and pair stefan and vigle together. Nothing worse than drawing a card and its a d bomb or a card you really need to save but forced to play.

Now that Tibor will change in the new patch, he will become a BEAST, and probably a staple card. Vilge is also very good. Tough choice

JoachimDeWett;n8190910 said:
Now that Tibor will change in the new patch, he will become a BEAST, and probably a staple card. Vilge is also very good. Tough choice

How are they changing him? I crafted Vilgefortz, Havent regretted it in the slightest 9/10 he pulls his weight,

I think Vilgeford is one of the best golds in the game. You're never sad about drawing him. Having Roach does make him that bit better, but it's just as satisfying in a mirror match when they try a carcass on you. Vilge loves carcasses, yum :D

I suppose your crafts should go in this order for legendaries as a dedicated NG player: Vilgefortz > Roach > Cahir > Tibor > Geralt: Igni

I have both in my deck, I actually think Tibor is better, it's a 22 point gold card (+ 3 since I have Roach) and very rarely the broze card your opponent get could equal this.

I usually try to mitigate the effect of my opponent drawing a bronze card, if I play NR or Monsters it best to play it at the beginning of round one in hope that the card drawn is part of a series (so for example your opponent would have two wild hunt riders in its hand) and thus pretty much useless. But usually I try to save it to the final round and play it after my opponent played all his cards (but before passing!) in hope he thinned his deck enough so he get no new card - even if it isn't the case it great option to close/increase point gap and most chances they couldn't close with their bronze unit.

Another option I use is winning the first round, then playing Tibor on second and then pass - guarantee CA in the final round.

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I really have a burning question to ask.
Why do you guys consider Tibor as good? Sure it's good to have 22 strength in gold, but you're giving your opponent 1 CA. Aren't CA the most important thing in Gwent?

HuckFearthstone;n8355700 said:
Sorry for necroing this thread, but I really have a burning question to ask.
Why do you guys consider Tibor as good? Sure it's good to have 22 strength in gold, but you're giving your opponent 1 CA. Aren't CA the most important thing in Gwent?

He was changed recently so he gives you're opponent only a bronze card and since Bronze cards are rated usually around 8 strength Tibor still has 14 strength over it, It's good to use after winning the first round since they have to use at least 2 cards to beat 22 points so it gives you back card advantage, Use Tibor at the right time and he will give you CA. Old Tibor wasn't as good since opponent could draw Bronze/Silver/Gold so you could shoot yourself in the foot.

Jhinjie96;n8355730 said:
He was changed recently so he gives you're opponent only a bronze card and since Bronze cards are rated usually around 8 strength Tibor still has 14 strength over it, It's good to use after winning the first round since they have to use at least 2 cards to beat 22 points so it gives you back card advantage, Use Tibor at the right time and he will give you CA. Old Tibor wasn't as good since opponent could draw Bronze/Silver/Gold so you could shoot yourself in the foot.

+1

Also using it in the end of the third round pretty much (usually) cancel the effect of the card the opponent get.

don't let general net decking force you into thinking vilg and roach are somewhat related. vilge can burn vicovaro medics or even combat engineers, your weathered or wounded cards, and don't forget its offensive use specially when opponent doesn't have anymore cards to draw. in only 1 occasion roach and vilg work and that's when it's 3rd round, you have to go first and you have 1 card left and that's vilg which by then tibor is most likely better than vilg roach and the 3rd card you will draw by burning roach combined (specially that again opponent doesn't have anymore cards to draw).

Last edited:
Top Bottom